2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 248 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

MalAssada

Medalist
Are there any junior women who can turn senior next season? Seeing Gubanova and Tarusina skating made me realise Russia needs more JGP slots than it's got.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Are there any junior women who can turn senior next season? Seeing Gubanova and Tarusina skating made me realise Russia needs more JGP slots than it's got.
Gubanova and Tarusina are good picks you named! Tarusina is good enough but probably cant get away with completely skipping the international junior level. Well, you never know.

Gubanova should, however. And I think the senior level might be much more kind to her pcs.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker

**Konstantinova
*Fedichkina
Gulyakova
Gubanova
Panenkova
Samodurova
Nugumanova
Tarusina

**--could have turned senior two seasons ago
*-could have turned senior this season

Elucidus

Match Penalty
I don't know, but he said afterwards that Medvedeva shouldn't risk to compete before Oly and that she should just train for it because it doesn't required to compete since 3rd spot is guaranteed for her by coaches assembly decision. It's rather detailed report for some presumed rumor. After that Medvedeva said about difficulties and how they will make her stronger (i.e. they interviewed her already) .. hmm.. it's suspicious and rather unsettling, I would say :unsure: Maybe here we can see some RusFed intrigues we don't know about yet taking place? Maybe they chose their new champ already (Zagitova) and they want to give more chances for new girls at Euro to raise (Konstantinova)? Time will tell :scratch2:

atsumiri

Record Breaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALOwner9tMw&feature=youtu.be&t=2m04s
News anchor there said that Medvedeva will skip Euro as well. I don't know how much you can trust it though.. usually major official sources gives verified info but some times mistakes occurs too. That, or he has access to some inside info before everybody else.
It's not a sports channel as I know. So you will never get any reliable or inside sport related information from these kinds of channels.
I would not even think about any information from these kinds of sources.
and btw it published 12.22.2017. If it was true everyone would be talking about it for quite some time already.....
so it's really rubbish.
i saw Korean news about Evgenia and video from her practice. And Evgenia and her jumps are looking pretty good) ;)

princessalica

Final Flight
Im heartbroken for Elena to not have placed higher. She was too young for the last olympics and now is past her prime it seems. I really enjoy her and really wanted her to get one of the spots.

malif

Rinkside
Some fresh impressions on Nationals LP that I attended yesterday. All IMHO.
In general: very good.

Konstantinova gave the best of her, she was really exquisite at many instants, althouth had some fear of jumps, I think.

Kostornaya is a little perfect gem: great feeling of music, good physical form, incredible lightness of movement and jumps, interesting
rotations, and a confident self-control. Full package for a future first class star. I just wonder whether she will be able to
go through the next years keeping all of that.

Sakhanovich was in ia fierce fighting mood and did quite decently. Physical form is not yet sufficient for return into the top.

Liza T was just pale.

Elena R was infinitely far from her best. She was overscored.

Tarusina was underscored.

Panenkova and Tsurskaya were really impressive in jumps, each in her own way, but the choreography
of their programs is mediocre.

Sotskova was overscored but this is understandable. In any way Russian fed severely needs her for the OG team
competition both if Medvedeva does not participate or if she comes half-ill and has to be spared from
team competition.

More generally, the total scores of Sotkova and Zagitova (and may be others, too) should not be taken seriously.

ReasonOFF

On the Ice
some of those who watched telesport channel with lipnitskaia commentary and her commentator fellow, said that yulia and he praised to gubanova, konstantinova, tsurskaya and zagitova. but about kostornaya said she was childish with juniorish skating, and after gubanova her skating were not good, and they said that she has good technical skills but not a word about her presentation. really??! about gubanova i agree otherwise she was a bit heavy on the ice. but childish and technical program from kostornaya and good programs by zagitova tsurskaya and konstatnionova? what?! i always knew she has no idea about what presantation is in figure skating. i've heard tutberidze and averbuch almost forced her to skate SL because from the beginning she hated this music and about a half-year they were playing this music during the practice. really, skater of one program with stoneface make such statements. very funny

Shayuki

Record Breaker
some of those who watched telesport channel with lipnitskaia commentary and her commentator fellow, said that yulia and he praised to gubanova, konstantinova, tsurskaya and zagitova. but about kostornaya said she was childish with juniorish skating, and after gubanova her skating were not good, and they said that she has good technical skills but not a word about her presentation. really??! about gubanova i agree otherwise she was a bit heavy on the ice. but childish and technical program from kostornaya and good programs by zagitova tsurskaya and konstatnionova? what?! i always knew she has no idea about what presantation is in figure skating. i've heard tutberidze and averbuch almost forced her to skate SL because from the beginning she hated this music and about a half-year they were playing this music during the practice. really, skater of one program with stoneface make such statements. very funny
Lipnitskayas interpretation always was her big weakness. Quite worrying comments - seems like a shallow outlook by her.

Also kostornaya had the most difficult transitions of the competition, juniorish isnt what I could call the program. The choreo isnt top notch but that isnt her fault.

ejnsofi

Final Flight

It's why with all my respect to Lipnitskaya I don't watch her commentary. Actually in terms of experience before TV career she isn't much better than Lipinski and we all know the "quality" of Tara's commentary. TAT may be loud and not so objective but she knows what she is talking about most of times. I wish Mao Asada would start making commentary one day...

atsumiri

Record Breaker
after reading some comments from commentators... every time.....
i feel less and less respect for them.
TAT.... Johnny.... and now Yulia...

Seruleane

Final Flight
Lipnitskaya’s comments are interesting and kind of ironic to me as I personally think Kostornaya’s skating style resembles Yulia’s most of all. They both have a more cerebral, introspective style. Personally, I prefer extroverted skating and love skaters with big personalities on the ice like Trusova and Radionova, but I can’t deny Kostarnaya is an amazing talent, and really look forward to seeing her develop her style and mature in the years to come.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
after reading some comments from commentators... every time.....
i feel less and less respect for them.
TAT.... Johnny.... and now Yulia...
Leena laaksonen has had good commentary for Finland. Best I have heard and really highlighting things you wouldnt think to think about. Improved my attention for detail so much. She was the technical controller for rostelecom cup this year etc.

On the other hand, laura lepistö or kiira korpi have very entry level, shallow commentary. They really are more used to doing than thinking about the specifics. Even some middling coaches have offered more insight than these former somewhat top skaters.

Being a good skater really doesnt translate well to commentary.

Obvious team to euros but stanislava shouldnt be a sub with a higher priority than polina.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Leena laaksonen has had good commentary for Finland. Best I have heard and really highlighting things you wouldnt think to think about. Improved my attention for detail so much. She was the technical controller for rostelecom cup this year etc.
Being a good skater really doesnt translate well to commentary.
agree

thank you! Will try to find Leena laaksonen's commentary)