2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 247 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

Lightstar

On the Ice
so now we once again have a 15 yo girl in red for the Olympics :) let's see how it unfolds this time

Lol I didn't even think about that! :love:

But i swear that Konstantinova is going to Junior Worlds. I can't even describe how i feel about her being that overscored today :mad:
I mean think about it: Zagi was just 10 points ahead of her in the FS...

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Do Konstantinova, Kostornaia, Panenkova (and all the others juniors here) have to go to Junior Nats ? Especially Kostoraia since she is 3rd. Is it mandatory for her or does her score here justifies a spot for Jr worlds ?

Yes.

russianfan

Match Penalty
But i swear that Konstantinova is going to Junior Worlds. I can't even describe how i feel about her being that overscored today :mad:
I mean think about it: Zagi was just 10 points ahead of her in the FS...

well my opinion: she was better than usually, but not THAT good... and her posture annoys me a little.. Zagitova's posture is also not ideal, but if we compare them in that regard - its not even close. Stasya skates pretty much like a russian letter Г

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Well, let's not start another Stasya's hatefest.

She is wonderful and beautiful young lady with a great speed and nice jumps. I like her SP in this season, because there she is charming and her body most part of time in normal position, not in horizontal like in the FP. Also I believe to samkrut, who have seen her live, and saw her today as well, and he said the same thing:

Stasya was like a hurricane. With a speed of a meteor she covered enormous areas. Her posture does not look that distracting as on TV. And once again one can die for her speed and presence. It's just impossible not to follow her when she skates. Of course, overscored but this was the skate of her life so far.

I'm sure she gets such high PCS just because she is very fast live, and other skaters look very slow on her background, but still... And I'm even ok if she can't change her posture and used to skate like this. The main her problem is consistency. She has the same coach as Kolyada. I don't rememeber when Kolyada skated clean, maybe at his first appearing at RC and Worlds 2016, but then - always falls and pops, the same with Stasya. Yeah, she FINALLY skated clean her free program, but did a typical for her mistake in the SP.

Most dangerous, if she'll be in the top 3 at Junior Nationals (and she can, even with a doubled jump, for example), because we all know how this will end at Junior Worlds.

russianfan

Match Penalty
Well, let's not start another Stasya's hatefest.

She is wonderful and beautiful young lady with a great speed and nice jumps. I like her SP in this season, because there she is charming and her body most part of time in normal position, not in horizontal like in the FP. Also I believe to samkrut, who have seen her live, and saw her today as well, and he said the same thing:

I'm sure she gets such high PCS just because she is very fast live, and other skaters look very slow on her background, but still... And I'm even ok if she can't change her posture and used to skate like this. The main her problem is consistency. She has the same coach as Kolyada. I don't rememeber when Kolyada skated clean, maybe at his first appearing at RC and Worlds 2016, but then - always falls and pops, the same with Stasya. Yeah, she FINALLY skated clean her free program, but did a typical for her mistake in the SP.

Most dangerous, if she'll be in the top 3 at Junior Nationals (and she can, even with a doubled jump, for example), because we all know how this will end at Junior Worlds.

Well, on the other hand, if we consider junior team now as Trusova, Kostornaya and Tarakanova -> Tarakanova is also not very consistent... but more consistent than Stasya i would say

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Well, on the other hand, if we consider junior team now as Trusova, Kostornaya and Tarakanova -> Tarakanova is also not very consistent... but more consistent than Stasya i would say

That's also true. But her last two competitions (RC stage 5 and JGPF) were very nice. In Zagreb, I guess, after the fall, she got flashback from her last seasons when she skated clean 1/10 programs. I hope she'll be only more confident and better, from competition to competition.

hanca

Record Breaker

There is no point to think of junior team until they all attend junior nationals. Russian federation usually follows the results from the junior nationals, so no one (even Kostornaya ana Trusova) are safe. We saw last year Gubanova. If Konstantinova wasn’t overscored at the junior nationals, Gubanova would not end up lower than her at the junior nationals, which would mean that Gubanova would have been sent to junior worlds. It is beyond my understanding why the federation chose to push up a girl who didn’t do great during her JGP events, gift her a few extra points at the nationals and watch her fail at junior worlds. All that to the detriment of a girl who won her JGP events, medalled at JGPF, and then was robbed at the nationals...

This year we have the additional problem that there is quite a few junior ladies who are deserving and did well during their JGP events and at JGPF. And then there is a girl who the federation may again push up. This girl seems to score best at competitions in Russia, and not as great at JGP competition. I wonder whether the federation learned anything from last year. I can’t wait for junior worlds.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
I wish I understood the point of such massive overscoring of Konstantinova, and all I can see are internal games as a true reason and it makes me shake my head. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

hanca

Record Breaker
I wish I understood the point of such massive overscoring of Konstantinova, and all I can see are internal games as a true reason and it makes me shake my head. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

So do I. Maybe to keep the coach happy? Her coach is Kolyada’s coach, so Russian man number one.

Lily flowers

On the Ice
One thing those nationals made me realize is how much I miss Yulia.
It feels like it’s been ages since I saw her skate :sad21:

hanca

Record Breaker
am i the only one who really liked Tarusina? she was so confident

Yes, I really liked her too. She is in a difficult situation. She can’t really turn senior because she doesn’t have enough points to get a GP event (not to mention that there is too many Russian ladies higher in ranking for the federation to even consider submitting her name). At the same time, the juniors will be very full next season too, Trusova, Tarakanova, Scherbakova, Kostornaya are very likely going to end up with two spots, so that leaves her fighting with Gubanova, Nugumanova, Vasilieva, Samodurova, Panenkova, Guliakova and a few other ladies for the remaining few spots. Gubanova and Panenkova may move to seniors, but one never knows. It seems to me that the bus accident completely derailed her carer. It was great opportunity because Trusova, Tarakanova, Scherbakova and Kostornaya were not junior eligible yet. Now even though she regained her original level, it is so much harder to push in and get herself to the top.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
am i the only one who really liked Tarusina? she was so confident
She was one of my favorites of the day.

And yes, shame about the bus accident. Had she established herself in jgp last season there is no way performances such as tyese would push her out of there.

On Konstantinova, skating somehow clean is now "the skate of her life"? I am not going to call any skate with that delivery passable, sorry. It takes far more for me than inconsistent skater not falling once to get me impressed. That is like punishing everyone else for frequently skating clean. That completely goes against my philosophy.

Slap to the face of every skater who actually has trained to be consistent. You see Sima overscored through the teeth for having the skate of her life? Don't think so. Some skaters can just build up their point boost bank by splatting competition after competition. Then somehow manage a clean skate and make a massive withdrawal. Meanwhile skaters who are consistent dont get a similar treatment. I guess it is the drama-seeking nature of people. But that is to me not how it should be.

I am sure Konstantinova is a wonderful human being in person but that is not what this is about at all.

hanca

Record Breaker
I don’t understand that either. But no point getting angry about it. When Konstantinova moves to senior, there is only so much the federation can do to push her up. So she either starts consistently delivering, or the natural selection will spit her out at some point.

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Anyone else think sotskova was over scored today??? Ik it’s nationals, but she clearly ured certain jumps AND had a hand down... 145 is a little high...

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Anyone else think sotskova was over scored today??? Ik it’s nationals, but she clearly ured certain jumps AND had a hand down... 145 is a little high...
Well she scored the same as a skater who couldnt make it to the senior gp events and who struggles to break 60 pcs internationally. It is all about your perspective.

Given the current situation: who you think is the first reserve, for the Olympic games, among the Russian ladies ?
Probably Tsurskaya but you would hope for more consistent depth.

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Given the current situation: who you think is the first reserve, for the Olympic games, among the Russian ladies ?

I think Tsurskaya or Tuktamuysheva, no? I don’t think anyone on seniors was ahead of them, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Well she scored the same as a skater who couldnt make it to the senior gp events and who struggles to break 60 pcs internationally. It is all about your perspective.

Very true, I guess it’s just nationals lol