Alena Kostornaia | Page 104 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

zounger

Medalist
Although only speculation at this point, I wouldn’t be surprised it it is true. We saw her ankle/lower leg taped during nationals and then a thick pad under her tights in the same spot at Jr Nationals. I hope she is able to fully heal during the off season and have a strong senior debut in the fall. Devastated for her.

I know. My point is that rather than making an impression with a comment it's better to give the info as it is. Were and what you heard. Not everyone here knows Russian to cross check what is written on various sites. . Anyway I don't want to participate in such kind of conversion and end it here from my side.

Hello from Brazil

On the Ice
Noooooo
Poor Alena! She even was training a new exhibition for the worlds...
I hope from the bottom of my heart that this withdrawn is just for precaution.
Is there any chance of seeing her competing later this season?
It would be a pity if her last junior season ended like that... She was too good to be a junior

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Noooooo
Poor Alena! She even was training a new exhibition for the worlds...
I hope from the bottom of my heart that this withdrawn is just for precaution.
Is there any chance of seeing her competing later this season?
It would be a pity if her last junior season ended like that... She was too good to be a junior

Unless she does a local competition in Russia later in the season, I think she may be done until the fall for now.

Wombat1800

On the Ice
Devastated for Alyona. I hope she can take this time to heal fully and be completely healthy in time for her senior debut this fall

Fluture

Record Breaker
If it was a serious injury wouldnt she have pulled out of JWC long ago?

No. You can get a serious injury by falling badly and it can happen quickly. My guess is that it happened recently, as she‘s been seen on the ice with Alina and Masaru and was even training a new exhibition.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Wishing Alena a full and speedy recovery. Her skating skills is really a class above the rest of the junior field. She is a smart young lady and I hope that a coaching change is indeed in the works. Her unique talents shouldn’t be wasted on a team that values first and foremost, results over the well-being of the students. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if it was confirmed to be in the works since the JGP, when she showed what seemed like obvious signs of discontent in the KnC. Hoping she can find a suitable training environment that values both psychological and physical health, coming back stronger for her senior debut :).

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Wishing Alena a full and speedy recovery. Her skating skills is really a class above the rest of the junior field. She is a smart young lady and I hope that a coaching change is indeed in the works. Her unique talents shouldn’t be wasted on a team that values first and foremost, results over the well-being of the students. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if it was confirmed to be in the works since the JGP, when she showed what seemed like obvious signs of discontent in the KnC. Hoping she can find a suitable training environment that values both psychological and physical health, coming back stronger for her senior debut :).

What this comment shows is obvious disconnect with reality...

https://youtu.be/yJ_cfaHHSZ8?t=276

2a81afbc-e5ce-4673-a64b-ddfbda12a1e5.jpg

SkateSkates

Medalist
What this comment shows is obvious disconnect with reality...

https://youtu.be/yJ_cfaHHSZ8?t=276

View attachment 544

She was very emotional hugging eteri for about 10 seconds after the LP at junior nats which I’ve never seen her do before with any coach. This leads time to believe that she was already suffering back in early February and they were hoping conditions would improve by jr worlds. Poor Alena I am sure she is devastated as well - she must have known she was a main contender for gold and probably didn’t want to give up hope she would recover until the last minute.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
She was very emotional hugging eteri for about 10 seconds after the LP at junior nats which I’ve never seen her do before with any coach. This leads time to believe that she was already suffering back in early February and they were hoping conditions would improve by jr worlds. Poor Alena I am sure she is devastated as well - she must have known she was a main contender for gold and probably didn’t want to give up hope she would recover until the last minute.

I agree. This was the first time for the two seasons I saw her being so emotional (if we exclude how she was sad in Ostrava after she poped 2A in SP) and hugging anybody of her team. That is who she is.

And yes, I was pretty surprised when she did that. This is sad but quite realistic idea why she did so, after all if you all remember, tehre were talks about her being injured before junior nationals. From which I'm deducing her injury was probably chroinical and she did not suffer any injury now, but she and her team were hoping she will recover in time. Which,s adly, she did not. So, that's the reality and rumours can be forgotten.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Alyona will be OK I hope. I only believe official sources with creditable reputation instead of gossip and rumours as the the seriousness of her injury. I can only hope it isn't a growth plate defect induced by training.

She is probably smart to have any injury heal over the next couple of months instead of biting back the pain and still not delivering 100% of what she is capable of in JWC and only making it worse.
To me, this also shows Khrustalniy cares about Alyona and doesn't want to waste one of their most precious prospects for the coming years ....

Alyona can now finish her school year with good academic results and prepare her new senior programs in relative quiet.
If she is in 12th grade, it will be her final school year before enrolling in higher education?

Sensation

On the Ice
It's sad that she will have to miss JWC, but I look forward to her senior debut now. Wishing her a speedy recovery!

moonstruck

On the Ice
:( I was really looking forwards to seeing Alena compete (and show her new EX) at JWC, but now I will look forwards to her senior debut. get well soon Alena :pray:

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Hoping and wishing that Alyona has a quick and full recovery. Sad to see her missing the JWC, but health comes first!

Hope we can see her new Twilight exhibition next season then.

LynsJ

On the Ice
Hope she’s feeling better soon. I was looking forward to watching her at worlds but hopefully she will have many seasons to come!

Scott512

Record Breaker

Good luck getting a better environment than she has. Alena is doing great with big upside and her akating is so beautiful. She should think twice about leaving EG. It usually doesn't go well for the person leaving eteri. Does it?