2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 465 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Upcoming competitions:

JGP Slovenia: Tarakanova, Tarusina
Intrigues here: finals spots are on the line for both of them. The winner is automatically in, whoever is second will need to top Yelim's tiebreaker score

JGP Armenia: Trusova, Kanysheva
Intrigues here: finals spots are on the line for Trusova and Kanysheva. Also will be interesting to see the state of Trusova's quads.

To me, Tarusina can't qualify herself without win, but for that to happen Tarakanova need to score lower than what Anastasia need for overcome Yelim.
One of those two will become Kanysheva's target.

Sadly, the total russian final can't happen, anymore. Still, Yelim Kim deserve the final, imho.

My hopes: Tarakanova and Kanysheva.

moriel

Record Breaker
The outfit is a huge improvement as well. Her skating dresses this year make her look like a 40 year old matron. But the black gala outfit was hot hot hot and she looks fantastic in that type of thing. Since she has the body to wear something like that, she should....wear something like that.

Actually i wouldnt be surprised
Team Eteri has a history of trying stuff in gala to make then programs.
For example, see Zhenya hydroblading first in gala, and also Zhenya's AK program.

moriel

Record Breaker
not sure about the music, but at some point she surely shoud have a competitive program in pants.
a +10 for leather pants and some rock music

katymay

Medalist
Actually i wouldnt be surprised
Team Eteri has a history of trying stuff in gala to make then programs.
For example, see Zhenya hydroblading first in gala, and also Zhenya's AK program.

I hope that happens. Watching again, the Carmen program...is exhausting to watch. (I can't imagine how exhausting it is to execute). It is just crammed with too many unnecessary flourishes. Also, to keep up with the program Alina is having (at least in my way of seeing it) posture issues, and is tending to stoop, especially when she seems to be powering down the rink the catch the music. The only problem with the survivor program is the music is being used this year by many skaters. Alina has incredible stamina and conditioning, but I think the program would be far more enjoyable to watch if it were stripped down.

moriel

Record Breaker
I hope that happens. Watching again, the Carmen program...is exhausting to watch. (I can't imagine how exhausting it is to execute). It is just crammed with too many unnecessary flourishes. Also, to keep up with the program Alina is having (at least in my way of seeing it) posture issues, and is tending to stoop, especially when she seems to be powering down the rink the catch the music. The only problem with the survivor program is the music is being used this year by many skaters. Alina has incredible stamina and conditioning, but I think the program would be far more enjoyable to watch if it were stripped down.

I dont think they will change her programs mid season, since they were well received by judges and changing it would add lots of mess.
But I do see Alina trying something in the style of her gala next year, for example.

Actually a random thought, last year she had the "mature" gala, and now this year she gets Carmen, that requires some maturity and sexyness.

Imagine

Medalist
What's with all the Russian girls having like the longest hair ever? Is there a thing against cutting hair in Russia? They all look like mini Rapunzels. Has anyone ever seen the movie Room? Kinda depressing, but the part where the kid says his long hair is where all his strong is, yeah, that's what the Russian girls remind me of. Maybe that's the secret.

moriel

Record Breaker
What's with all the Russian girls having like the longest hair ever? Is there a thing against cutting hair in Russia? They all look like mini Rapunzels. Has anyone ever seen the movie Room? Kinda depressing, but the part where the kid says his long hair is where all his strong is, yeah, that's what the Russian girls remind me of. Maybe that's the secret.

Nah, its just the fashion.

Who said Daniil couldn't choreograph? That EX was his best work :yahoo:

Of course he can choreograph. He too has had a hard time with the rule changes. He has had to change his entire choreography style at very short notice, he probably had all the kids programs planned out and bam rule change and he has had to rush to adjust the programs around that. He's done the best he can with such little time to work with.I expect next year everybody will be back in tip top shape as he has more breathing room and time to plan them out more. Obviously he is perfectly capable of doing it and doing it to a high level like he has done here.

madison

Record Breaker
For me, Alina's new gala is underwhelming... I would have expected more in terms of choreography and performance from this powerful music.
Only a few movements are original, the rest is borrowed from Carmen. I don't like the breaks in the programs related to the hair and the jackeT. I think it's too much.
They could easily get rid of the phase with the hair, cause Alina looks clumsy there.

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
For it to be an all russian JGP final this has to happen.
JGP Slovenia. Tarusina wins and Tarakanova is second with a minimum score of 197.55 or Tarakanova wins and Tarusina is 2nd with a minimum score of 201.56. The first alternative seams more likely than the first but neither is verry likely imo
JGP Armenia. Kanysheva wins and Trusova is second (Not going to happen) or Trusova wins and Kanysheva is 2nd with a minimum score of 196.40.

My guess would be that the one who doesnt win in Slovenia will miss the Final but we will have to wait and see.

alvina9894

Final Flight

So that when they gain weight, they could just cut their hair to make themselves lighter:laugh2:

Xzander

Rinkside
Oh, I loved Alina's EX - teaching everyone that she's here to stay. Love me some dark humor. Too bad she popped the 3Lz after Charlotte, it's going to be such a show stopper. Overall, I'm really impressed by her. I was almost sure that she would mess up this competition. Her jumps look solid, especially the 3Lz-3T combo. Very good idea to replace 2A-3T with it.

neusw

On the Ice
Of course he can choreograph. He too has had a hard time with the rule changes. He has had to change his entire choreography style at very short notice, he probably had all the kids programs planned out and bam rule change and he has had to rush to adjust the programs around that. He's done the best he can with such little time to work with.I expect next year everybody will be back in tip top shape as he has more breathing room and time to plan them out more. Obviously he is perfectly capable of doing it and doing it to a high level like he has done here.

I’m more concerned about his workload. Next year if they don’t bring in any outside choreographers he’d be doing 15(! :shocked:) programs for the 5 seniors and at least 4 more for the 2 juniors girls, plus all the boys and younger kids. Even the most creative artist is going to run out of ideas sooner or later when dealing with that much.

madison

Record Breaker
I’m more concerned about his workload. Next year if they don’t bring in any outside choreographers he’d be doing 15(! :shocked:) programs for the 5 seniors and at least 4 more for the 2 juniors girls, plus all the boys and younger kids. Even the most creative artist is going to run out of ideas sooner or later when dealing with that much.

Eteri is also involved in choreography... so we can say that there are two minds. :biggrin: