Female skaters taller than 5’9 (175cm) ?? | Golden Skate

Female skaters taller than 5’9 (175cm) ??

Arwen17

Final Flight
Lucinda Ruh is the only pro skater I know of who is 5’9 in height. I know there’s several pro skaters who are 5’7 or 5’8. But most skaters are shorter than 5’6.

I’m 5’9 and there’s another girl at my rink who is 5’10. Have you ever seen a female taller than 5’10 skating? I realize females that tall are rare in general, let alone skating.
I would love to see a girl taller than 5’10 skating, in person or in video.

Ducky

On the Ice
I could have sworn there was a female Russian ice dancer who was 5'9" in the late 90's early aughts but can't for the life of me remember her name. However, I think that finding women taller than 5'9" who are at that level of skating is going to be a challenge because there aren't as many really tall women and they tend to be pushed towards sports where being tall is a requirement (volleyball, basketball, and once you get to college if you're over 5'9" suddenly crew).

Also, just a reminder that National Tall Girl Appreciation Day is June 21!

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
Do you mean Viktoria Volchkova? I think she was close to 6 feet.

I'm not a competitive skater, but I was training my doubles and have my Jr. Silver freeskate and my Gold tests in the other disciplines. I'm 5'9''. I usually dwarf all the other skaters on the rink.

Arwen17

Final Flight
I could have sworn there was a female Russian ice dancer who was 5'9" in the late 90's early aughts but can't for the life of me remember her name. However, I think that finding women taller than 5'9" who are at that level of skating is going to be a challenge because there aren't as many really tall women and they tend to be pushed towards sports where being tall is a requirement (volleyball, basketball, and once you get to college if you're over 5'9" suddenly crew).

Also, just a reminder that National Tall Girl Appreciation Day is June 21!

They don't have to be "pro", just would be nice to see someone who can skate and isn't just doing swizzles around the rink. :)

Karen Kwan is 5'8

I love her skating and lines!

I think Lisa Marie Allen is about 5'10": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMu83vVWshY
Of course, she competed in an era when multiple triples were not required for success.

wow such an awesome find!!

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Tiffany Zahorski/Zagorski is 5'9". And beautiful . :biggrin: Jonathan is something crazy like 6'2". Oftentimes it seems like tall/lanky/curvy skaters get put in ice dance because maybe they don't have the ideal body type for longevity in jumping. Doesn't mean they can't be wonderful to watch.

Arwen17

Final Flight
Tiffany Zahorski/Zagorski is 5'9". And beautiful . :biggrin: Jonathan is something crazy like 6'2". Oftentimes it seems like tall/lanky/curvy skaters get put in ice dance because maybe they don't have the ideal body type for longevity in jumping. Doesn't mean they can't be wonderful to watch.

stunning! :love:
And you can't even tell she's that tall since her partner is so tall! She just looks normal out there!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBcWSq6EbA8

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Diana Nikitina is 171cm - about 5'7.5". But I don't know anyone other than Tiffany Zagorski who tops 5'9".

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Tiffany's ISU bio gives her height as 1.71, her Wikipedia page gives it as 1.75. So there is disagreement, though both are tall for a figure skater.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Cynthia Phaneuf grew into a 5'7 ice goddess.. but lost some of her jumps along the way... I thought Kaitlyn Weaver was tall but she is "only" 1.67 m..

madison hubbell is 1.71 as well...

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Naomi Lang was around the same height as Madison Hubbell. 5'7" range.