Worlds: Free Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Worlds: Free Dance

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Er why isn’t G/P’s program the most lyrical ballad of all lyrical ballads? It’s supremely sentimental.

It's also a song about the wasted tragedy of suicide. Which may be lyrical, but it isn't mush.

In the long run, it will probably be the one --if not only-- program I will remember in a few years time as a complete program. There are bits of other programs I enjoyed, but yes, on the whole this was not a stellar year for memorable FDs.

reneerose

Final Flight
Ooooh Vincent is my most memorable Free Dance this season! P2 really impress me each season in their programs and always try to make their choreography innovatively fresh.

MiraiFan

Final Flight
Ooooh Vincent is my most memorable Free Dance this season! P2 really impress me each season in their programs and always try to make their choreography innovatively fresh.

Me too--that program is iconic and probably on my top five ever list.

Scrufflet

Final Flight

It was a standout for so many fans and for so many ex-ice dancers. Seems like only the judges missed the point. It left me with a sour feeling afterwards. I only hope that the wave of appreciation will finally hit them (judges) next season. I often feel that we fans lead the way in some cases and then they catch up. I also think that while both are underappreciated, Paul Poirier is one of the most under rated ice dancers going!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
It was a standout for so many fans and for so many ex-ice dancers. Seems like only the judges missed the point. It left me with a sour feeling afterwards. I only hope that the wave of appreciation will finally hit them (judges) next season. I often feel that we fans lead the way in some cases and then they catch up. I also think that while both are underappreciated, Paul Poirier is one of the most under rated ice dancers going!

i have had the privilege of seeing starry night in person... it's so good... every detail... so emotional.. and it was early in the season.

For also having seen Paul and Piper compete on the same ice as weapo and vm... the one thing they do not have is speed. weapo and vm were much faster.. but why should it matter when they are skating on a slow, emotional song???? it's figure skating, not speed skating!!!!! i also think that weapo could have gotten placed higher this year but they were also doing slower material... so it's seems clear that the judges want clean gliding at very high speed... doesn't matter if choreo is meaningful/intricate or not .

Scrufflet

Final Flight
i have had the privilege of seeing starry night in person... it's so good... every detail... so emotional.. and it was early in the season.

For also having seen Paul and Piper compete on the same ice as weapo and vm... the one thing they do not have is speed. weapo and vm were much faster.. but why should it matter when they are skating on a slow, emotional song???? it's figure skating, not speed skating!!!!! i also think that weapo could have gotten placed higher this year but they were also doing slower material... so it's seems clear that the judges want clean gliding at very high speed... doesn't matter if choreo is meaningful/intricate or not .

Aha! Very interesting about the speed. I've never seen P & P live. I've seen Wea/Po and Voir together at SOI for a few times. Earlier on, the difference was obvious. Later on, you could see how Wea/Po had really uped their game. Personally, I think they are too subtle for the judges, but that's just me.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
G/P: The best fd of the field, the music, the choreo, the interpretation. Just breathtaking :points:

I love Gilles/Poirier's Vincent program, but as they said themselves in the interview on CBC, it wasn't their best skate. There were a couple tiny bobbles (eg. one of Piper's twizzles), and they didn't beat W/P like they had at Nationals and 4 Continents.

But they did move up a spot in the FD to overtake Guignard/Fabbri.