2023 CS Warsaw Cup Free Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023 CS Warsaw Cup Free Dance

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
just went to their bios to check his exact age and found Evgeniia is more for me anyway
we share the same hobby
Yeah... Evgenia and I definitely do not share the same hobby... I almost made it to six hours last night, which is by far the most sleep in one night since cup of china. I have to stop doing this.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
BTW... One of my top 5 picks for the game finished in 15th place... my crystal ball is broken this year... severely broken

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Since when are you from Martinique?
Before the 21st century, the snake flag was largely unused in Martinique. It was mainly erroneously used as a courtesy ensign by yachters and was not available for sale locally. The emoji of the flag is sometimes used by the Québécois as a stand in for Quebec's own flag, as there is no Quebec flag available. (in emojis)

The Québec flag is similar. It's the white cross on blue back ground but instead of snakes, it is fleur-de-lys (white lilies)

Last edited:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They are going make me wait until after the awards for the last of the replays aren't they?
My time is precious people...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The droning that was broadcast during Manni & Roethlisberger's FD is:
Interstellar soundtrack: "Day One" by Hans Zimmer; "First Step" by Hans Zimmer; "Gravity" by Steven Price

gleungc6

On the Ice
By the way, do you know who this commentator is? She seems very knowledgable, and I'd not be opposed to hearing her on the ISU streams either.
Her name is Diana Lapierre, she coaches now. She has been so knowledgeable and has great stamina, to last four days!!!

This is her website.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
okay the last of the rewatch may have to wait...I have other things to do

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sorry, the MotoGP race was about to start when @elektra blue tagged me, so I wasn't able to reply until there now.

By the way, do you know who this commentator is? She seems very knowledgable, and I'd not be opposed to hearing her on the ISU streams either.

Diana Lapierre.

As @elektra blue already told you, she is a former American skater. Here is a brief biography I found about her:

Diana Lapierre has coached skating in 5 countries. Born in the US, she began coaching in 1991 after an international show skating career. Diana has relocated with her family to Scotland, Hong Kong, Poland, Costa Rica and Germany. She achieved a National Ice Skating Association (NISA) UK Level 2 Skating Coach license, was Star Senior Coach at Elements, Kowloon, Hong Kong SAR China, was named a Junior Coach in the Hong Kong Skating Union (HKSU), and is a coach in FSA Warszawa in Warsaw, Poland. She coaches her Junior level son and daughter who compete for Poland. Diana did the livestream broadcast commentary for the ISU Challenger Series Warsaw Cup 2022. Diana lives in Warsaw and is in Oberstdorf, Germany for summer training.

Source: https://www.theglobaliceskater.com/

Her daughter is Catherine-Charlotte Lapierre, who used to skate for the Murrayfield club when the family was based in Scotland, and now skates for the Figure Skating Academy Warsaw club. She was 13th out of 27 in the Polish Junior championships in January. She was also one of the alternates for Poland in the Solidarity Cup and the Armenian Cup this season in the Junior GP series.

Her son is Iain Sebastian Lapierre, who was 7th out of 7 in the Polish Junior championships in January (although, he was actually 6th in each segment).

Both of them were on the podium in their respective competitions at the 2022 and 2023 editions of the Mini Europa event in Warsaw.

Hope this helps.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Since when are you from Martinique?

Before the 21st century, the snake flag was largely unused in Martinique. It was mainly erroneously used as a courtesy ensign by yachters and was not available for sale locally. The emoji of the flag is sometimes used by the Québécois as a stand in for Quebec's own flag, as there is no Quebec flag available. (in emojis)

The Québec flag is similar. It's the white cross on blue back ground but instead of snakes, it is fleur-de-lys (white lilies)

Before the Northern Ireland flag was available, I was contemplating using the flag of Malta 🇲🇹 because, if you removed the George Cross in the corner, it would be the same as the flag for County Tyrone, where I am from.

But I decided not to because, with the amount of posting I do about skaters from a certain other Mediterranean island, people might actually think I was from that part of the world. And I didn't want to confuse anybody.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Before the Northern Ireland flag was available, I was contemplating using the flag of Malta 🇲🇹 because, if you removed the George Cross in the corner, it would be the same as the flag for County Tyrone, where I am from.

But I decided not to because, with the amount of posting I do about skaters from a certain other Mediterranean island, people might actually think I was from that part of the world. And I didn't want to confuse anybody.

CaroLiza_fan
I don't think Martinique figure skating will confuse anyone here ;)