Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Now your kids
Victoria MANNI / Carlo ROETHLISBERGER ITA
FD: What is their music?

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
By the way, do you know who this commentator is? She seems very knowledgable, and I'd not be opposed to hearing her on the ISU streams either.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
19 Marie DUPAYAGE / Thomas NABAIS FRA
FD: "Mechanisms" by Kirill Richter; "Arioso" by William Haviland; choreo by Karine Arribert-Narce

I also like this quirky take on this music. They have such lovely skating skills.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Mechanisms is not easy music to skate to, but the French do it very well. It's a quirky, alternative style for sure, very French.
The second half is much more conventional and classical, and while I really enjoyed that part too, I'm not quite sure how the two parts are supposed to fit together 😅

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Mechanisms is not easy music to skate to, but the French do it very well. It's a quirky, alternative style for sure, very French.
The second half is much more conventional and classical, and while I really enjoyed that part too, I'm not quite sure how the two parts are supposed to fit together 😅
it's kind of Arribert-Narce trademark and i'm digging it

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
20 Hannah LIM / Ye QUAN KOR
FD: "Umbrellas of Cherbourg" by Michel Legrand; "Les Parapluies de Cherbourg" by Michel Legrand; choreo by Romain Haguenauer (RD), Marie-France Dubreuil (FD)