2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 1104 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Why would you assume Alina doesn't come back? She is through puberty and other great talents are just coming into it. And yes the FED should send a lot of the Russinas to challengers. If there is a season that is.

We could debatea bout this for a long time but this is my presonal opinion. Yes, i would love it if she came back but I don't wanna get my hopes up yet. She was built on a technique that no longer works for her, and she has won everything so I do'nt see in her a motivation to come back and train like that at a high level every single day, knowing the chances of mastering a quad or triple axel are small. I think she could come back, but I don't find it likely. Of course this is only my personal stance

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
We could debatea bout this for a long time but this is my presonal opinion. Yes, i would love it if she came back but I don't wanna get my hopes up yet. She was built on a technique that no longer works for her, and she has won everything so I do'nt see in her a motivation to come back and train like that at a high level every single day, knowing the chances of mastering a quad or triple axel are small. I think she could come back, but I don't find it likely. Of course this is only my personal stance

It's either a deliberate ignoring of facts, lack of knowledge or a bad joke. Alina confirmed her technique is working as it should at numerous actions (incl. 3Lz-3Lo), she was training as ever before this pandemy and you speak as if nobody ever had a motivation to win something two times.

Scott512

Record Breaker

Oh I know what your opinion and that's fine but I think she will come back competitively if there's a season next season. This should be fun time for the reigning Olympic and reigning world champion. I think she will still be very very good. If she's not as good when she was 15 and 16 so what.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Oh I know what your opinion and that's fine but I think she will come back competitively if there's a season next season. This should be fun time for the reigning Olympic and reigning world champion. I think she will still be very very good. If she's not as good when she was 15 and 16 so what.

Thank you, I think that what I want to happen and what I personally believe will happen are two different things. I want her to come back and skate for the joy of it, and to clarify, no I am not getting inside her head or anything of that sort but just watching her recent performances, interviews, etc I don't see that Hanyu motivation in her to win it all again, though I could very well be wrong. What will happen next, only Alina knows and we should just all hope for this pandemic to end ASAP and that she will do what makes her satisfied, whether that is coming abck competitively, for the Olympic season, or not at all.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Thank you, I think that what I want to happen and what I personally believe will happen are two different things. I want her to come back and skate for the joy of it, and to clarify, no I am not getting inside her head or anything of that sort but just watching her recent performances, interviews, etc I don't see that Hanyu motivation in her to win it all again, though I could very well be wrong. What will happen next, only Alina knows and we should just all hope for this pandemic to end ASAP and that she will do what makes her satisfied, whether that is coming abck competitively, for the Olympic season, or not at all.

Agreed.

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
How many skaters are typically invited to junior test skates? Is it top 8 at RusNats?

Arent there usually two warm up groups? so somwhere between 10-12 skaters I think. I think we can expect Valieva, Usacheva, Kromykh, and any of Tarakanova, Frolova, Vasilieva and Sinitsyna that dont get senior GPs. Petrosyan and Samodelkina should also be invited I think since they did well at junior nats and will be eligeble for the JGP next season. That would leave a couple of spots open which I dont know who they will go to but most likely those who placed 9th to 12th at junior nats and are age eligable.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
How many skaters are typically invited to junior test skates? Is it top 8 at RusNats?

This year the roster was the jr national team + the reserve which was Tarakanova, Kanysheva, Valieva, Usacheva, Khromykh, Vasilieva, Sinitsyna, Tarusina (withdrew later retired) and Frolova, the original alternate. This year we can expect somewhat the same. I expect:

Kamila Valieva
Daria Usacheva
Maya Khromykh
Sofia Samodelkina
Adelya Petrosyan
Anna Frolova
Sofia Muravyova
Elizaveta Osokina
Varvara Kisel

Alt. Nika Ryabinina
Alt. Kamila Sultanmagomedova

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Well I think that the decision to go on a vacation overseas when the biggest event of their dauhter's life was cancelled due to a worldwide epidemic was not a smart decision and should be punished, but not to Sasha. Maybe have them pay a fine, and that comment about her on social media is nonsense. Just have her post something encouraging people to stay home or smth, no way one of the best skaters in the world should be removed from the national team just because of the unwise decision of the adults in her life.

Some people really really really hate Sasha. It's a shame. If this was Alena, Alina, or Evgenia, it wouldn't have the same reaction. Well, it's the 15 year old Russian who can do things nobody else can, so....

Fried

Final Flight
Sasha’s parents made a mistake, no question, but I think there are completely different calibers in politics that should be punished for things that they have done or failed to do. I am also convinced that if the ISU had not canceled the World Championships at the last minute, the association would have sent all skaters to Montreal. Corona or not.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Idiocracy forever!

Goodfellas demand to punish Trusova. Some want to drop her from National team.

https://www.championat.com/other/ar...hemu.html?utm_referrer=https://zen.yandex.com

The silly police are at it again. They can go to hell. we can only hope and pray that Sasha is okay as I'm assuming she is and did not catch anything on that short lived vacation. But for real people need to leave her alone. It took tens of millions of people traveling all around the world to spread this virus in the past few months. Sasha had no impact on this and we can only hope she and her family are healthy and did not contract covid 19. If she did have it we would have heard it by now.