2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 1106 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Deripashka

On the Ice
I dont quite understand that freaking out about Sasha infection. This disease will remain with us, its already too much spreaded and even WHO evaluate that in some time 70-80% of world population will be infected by SARS-CoV-2 and virus will circulate in world population till we all develop some level of immunity as against ordinary flu. The point is to protect old and sick people and develop effective treatment for them (Russia already succesfully testing therapy based on antimalaricum Meflochin).
Profi figurists are people which travel alot and meeting many various people, so its almost sure that each of world class figurists soon or later will get covid-19. For Sasha this disease present nearly zero threat, its dangerous for her parents and especially for her grandparents and I would say its better to get infected and develop immunity now, than somewhere in the middle of next season.

Fluture

Record Breaker
For Sasha this disease present nearly zero threat

No. We do not know that for sure. It is true that older people or those who already are sick are even more endangered. But there have been reports of young and healthy people getting seriously affected and even dying. Maybe the chance is slim but it is there and it is better not to take any risks and stay at home.

Deripashka

On the Ice
Of course that quarantine measures are mandatory for everyone, but for young and highly trained person with huge lung capacity, long term under medical supervision, without chronical diseases, its danger from coronavirus about same as from flu tribes of viruses. Sasha will be alright and as I wrote, to me, timing of her infection is quite ok.

Fried

Final Flight
Of course, you will also be able to become infected in the future. Exactly how you can get infected with influenza so far and currently. But it is better to get infected at a time when more is known about the course of the disease and the hospitals are not overworked. Youthfulness or not.

Deripashka

On the Ice
I think the level of risk for youths is already well documented and considered as very low.
"and the hospitals are not overworked"...thats one of reasons why from all bad times to get sick, is to be sick in Moscow about now, one of those better choices. Number of infected rise every day, so its better now than next month or two-three months when there will be more people in need of medical help.

Fried

Final Flight
Except in your post, there has been no mention of Sasha getting infected.
Therefore your considerations are irrelevant. Or would you advise Sasha to go to the hospital and get infected?

Deripashka

On the Ice
Oh sorry, I mistakenly assumed that she had positive test on coronavirus and thats why she is in quarantine after vacancies in Egypt.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I dont quite understand that freaking out about Sasha infection. This disease will remain with us, its already too much spreaded and even WHO evaluate that in some time 70-80% of world population will be infected by SARS-CoV-2 and virus will circulate in world population till we all develop some level of immunity as against ordinary flu. The point is to protect old and sick people and develop effective treatment for them (Russia already succesfully testing therapy based on antimalaricum Meflochin).
Profi figurists are people which travel alot and meeting many various people, so its almost sure that each of world class figurists soon or later will get covid-19. For Sasha this disease present nearly zero threat, its dangerous for her parents and especially for her grandparents and I would say its better to get infected and develop immunity now, than somewhere in the middle of next season.

That is not entirely true.

There have been cases of deaths even for young people, for instance last week or a 19 years old italian died in London because UK doctors was still treating coronavirus as a regular flu (they had that silly theory that it is better to get infected to build an immune system against it which has been proven to be false), they didn't give him the right medicine, let alone an N95 respirator, they did the test only post mortem.

Same reason for a 12 years old girl who passed away in Belgium this morning.

If you already have diseases (of any kind) COVID-19 can make your health significantly worse regardless of the age.

The other big issue is that if you continue to let people moving, the contagion will continue to grow and hospitals don't have enough room for everyone. There have been cases of people dying cause there doctors were too busy dealing with too many patients and they had to choose which one to save.

This is why for now it's important to stay home, up until you reach the peak of the contagion, then when it will start to fall down, even if you have less cases you can deal with less infected patients better.

China and South Korea are recovering, that shows there is a way out as long as everyone follow the rules diligently.

President Putin spoke out to the nation very recently just saying this basically.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

beachmouse

On the Ice
No. We do not know that for sure. It is true that older people or those who already are sick are even more endangered. But there have been reports of young and healthy people getting seriously affected and even dying. Maybe the chance is slim but it is there and it is better not to take any risks and stay at home.

And while I have no statistical proof, it seems like once you're working out 4+ hours a day, it can put a lot of stress on the immune system. My college swim coach took it as a sign to dial back planned workout intensity for a week or two when it seemed like too many people were getting sick all at once and the result was that usually everyone was back in good health by the time the important meets came around.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Adeliya Petrosyan also working out: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-ZfomFJ-Gk

Alina Gorbachyova and her compatriots from Triumf Akademy are in a isolated training camp in the woods outside of Moscow, where nobody is admitted for health reasons, not even parents from infected Moscow.
There is no ice, but some freshly fallen snow, and the kids took all their homework with them, so are occupied all day till dinner time.
There, Sof'ya Fedchenko conducts live streamed exercices with her group, which are of the usual accuracy, intensity and strictness which every top Russian sports school adheres to: https://www.instagram.com/triumph_skating__academy/

All the skating kids, gymnast kids are following their normal curriculum and daily schedule, lessons plan as good as the situation allows. It is the older, post puberty skaters, that aren't in school that have to worry over their basic conditioning, fitness and skating skills.

In a sense I feel the kids in that remote, isolated camp are safer than those at home.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
All these juniors and novices are training hard for the test skates, I wonder what the criteria is to be invited for test skates and then assigned a JGP assignment. Valieva, Usacheva, Khromykh, Samodelkina, Petrosyan, and Frolova are pretty much guarenteed two spots but what about the other spots and host spot?