2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 128 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

SkateSkates

Medalist
Now that's an exaggeration. If it's true, then it's no more than 5kg. And even so, they were on holidays. Alina added a bit of weight during the early off-season last year too but it was no longer a problem even before the season started. They'll be alright. :)

Yes I think we can see from her recent Instagram posts that she looks fit. She is almost 16, so this will likely be the most difficult year for her to adjust to body changes. It seems like she might be done growing taller, but is more in the “maturing” phase. Anna and Sasha seem to be still growing taller and will also have to adjust their technique this season, but I think next season 2020/2021 will be more difficult for them.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I know that the official Russian test skates for seniors happens in September, but when do the Russian test skates for juniors happen? The test skates that determine which of the juniors get JGPs?

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I know that the official Russian test skates for seniors happens in September, but when do the Russian test skates for juniors happen? The test skates that determine which of the juniors get JGPs?

Last year they happened about the 7-8th of August I think? They don’t necessarily determine all of who gets JGPs because the list for the first one comes out end of July

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Yesterday we left Franco Zeffirellii.Read his memory. Alena did something for him, too. Two years ago there was heavy snow in Nepal. We were sitting in a snowdrift with a porter. Waiting for my brothers. I showed him figure skating. He said he only liked Alena. Remember she was riding in a red dress. Three times revised. Until the phone died... Sorry, I'm on the phone...changed the text five times

Wait so did you have the chance to meet Zeffirelli? that's cool!

esteticlove

Final Flight
I mentioned this already in Alina's FF but I would like to write it one more time since I see that people are going crazy about scales. The girls aren't just gaining some weight because they are out of shape or due to eating bunch of junk. They are in their puberty and they are growing. It's not as simple as just putting some kg's on the scale. Their height and more importantly proportions are changing, which is normal - noone can escape that no matter what diet they undergo. I've been following team Tutberidze for some years now and I am telling you, everything is just as every year. I don't know if it's the less training during their holidays or it's probably even wanted that they grow now - during the summer because right now is the perfect time to adjust the technique to the new body proportions. I think there was a rule on the forum for not commenting on skaters' weight and I find it reasonable. Let's just leave them be. They'll be fine!

Scott512

Record Breaker
I mentioned this already in Alina's FF but I would like to write it one more time since I see that people are going crazy about scales. The girls aren't just gaining some weight because they are out of shape or due to eating bunch of junk. They are in their puberty and they are growing. It's not as simple as just putting some kg's on the scale. Their height and more importantly proportions are changing, which is normal - noone can escape that no matter what diet they undergo. I've been following team Tutberidze for some years now and I am telling you, everything is just as every year. I don't know if it's the less training during their holidays or it's probably even wanted that they grow now - during the summer because right now is the perfect time to adjust the technique to the new body proportions. I think there was a rule on the forum for not commenting on skaters' weight and I find it reasonable. Let's just leave them be. They'll be fine!
Puberty has been hard on girls going back to the caveman days. Girls cannot escape mother nature and that goes for figure skaters too. Even Eteri girls. It will be fascinating to see what puberty does to 3A. My guess is they will do very nicely.

I like all of us am really looking forward to next season. It will be an amazing spectacle to see.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
ZOMG.....all of these pics on Yulia’s Insta story today are overloading my ability to chill :dance2:

Scott512

Record Breaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EsHxi4hgqY

This was just recommended on Youtube for me, it's Veronika Zhilina on Ice Kids as Daenerys, and it's incredible how much she looks like Emilia Clarke as Daenerys in that first standing pose.

I wish this show was broadcasted on a TV in my country, or at least in an English speaking country so that I could understand more of what they are saying. It would be the only reason I'd turn on the TV.

That was very unique. Phenomenol. Eteri has another future star.

Azikin

Medalist
For a second I was like "awkward? he's even got his hand on Kanysheva's shoulder!" But then after taking a closer look at the pic I realized that's not Shoma's hand :p

LOL. I thought it was his hand.. :laugh: I guess I forgot he's japanese.. ;) he seems to fit in well.. ;)