2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 560 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Sadly its not a CS event and the wont count towards their Seasons Best

Yes that's a pity, and I suspect that ít might mean that Gulyakova and Tsibinova won't be in the running for the last Challenger Event - Golden Spin. But I could be wrong.

Sugar Coated

Final Flight
That means that they expect Trusova to make 180 points "skating a lot better". I hope not to read a single criticism from the americans when that happens.

Wow, please don't lump all Americans together. I definitely expect Trusova to be close to 180 by the end of the season if she continues to skate the way she has been. I actually believe she was under scored at Japan Open. But I suspect this was to not embarrass the men by outscoring everyone but Nathan. :laugh:

skatenewbie

Medalist
Yes that's a pity, and I suspect that ít might mean that Gulyakova and Tsibinova won't be in the running for the last Challenger Event - Golden Spin. But I could be wrong.
i think they might wait for another stage of Cup events and see who did well there. Its possible that there will be 3rd girls added at Tallinn Trophy or Warsaw Cup if more girls did well

Mawwerg

Final Flight
I really like Anna's short to Perfumer and think it has a potential to become my favourite program of this season.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I noticed that! It's very funny, they progress directly from falling on their butts to most difficult 3-3 in no time at all

There is still 3A-3Lo :)

I'm big fan of Heroes of Might & Magic games myself, BTW (II, III and V, to be precise), so I'm glad to hear that from Stanislava :agree:

klena

On the Ice
I really like Anna's short to Perfumer and think it has a potential to become my favourite program of this season.

This program is already my favorite of the season, it suits her perfectly and moreover I think only Anna can perform such theme no one else.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
Arent the youth olympics a junior competition? Evgenia was age eligible in 2016 and she didn't go, so i don't think the 3A will go

It is a junior competition but there is nothing that says someone who did the senior GP cant go. I would also think it more likely they will choose the girls that have been on the JGP (Sinistyna, Vasilieva and Tarakanova) or Kanysheva (if she is back in form) than the 3A since they might want to focus on senior. But thats just my speculation and we all know RusFed will do whatever they want.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
“Refereeing is politics. I am sorry for Tuktamysheva. ” The results of the Grand Prix in the USA commented by the world champion Mariya Butyrskaya: https://sport24.ru/news/other/2019-...ovoy-sudeystvo-tuktamyshevoy-video-podrbnosti

"RUSSIANS ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD; ANY ERROR OF THEM IS JUDGED STRICTLY." Opinion of Katarina GERBOLDT here: https://teamrussia.pro/olimpijskij-...bka-suditsya-strogo-mnenie-katariny-gerboldt/

Can I ask why you persist with these incredibly biased, one sided and deeply hypocritical links?

Supernovaimplosion

Final Flight
It is a junior competition but there is nothing that says someone who did the senior GP cant go. I would also think it more likely they will choose the girls that have been on the JGP (Sinistyna, Vasilieva and Tarakanova) or Kanysheva (if she is back in form) than the 3A since they might want to focus on senior. But thats just my speculation and we all know RusFed will do whatever they want.
Of course the 3A can go but russia has so many talented juniors they'll probably be sent instead.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Arent the youth olympics a junior competition? Evgenia was age eligible in 2016 and she didn't go, so i don't think the 3A will go

Yeah, they are, so it would be a hassle for one of them to rearrange their programs for junior rules, and since the submission deadline is before RusNats, we won't know if or which on of them will be left off of the worlds team (the possibility of them not making the Worlds team is what makes the situation different from Evgenia's in 2016). I could maybe see it if one of them does not qualify for the GPF though. If the submission date were after Nats, it might make sense, because they're all so amazing that it would be a real bummer to go without a major competition to end their season. Youth Olympic Champion would be somewhat of a consolation prize. But since the submission is so early, RusFed will probably just see which juniors are doing the best based on JGPs for most of them, and hopefully cup events for Kanysheva. I really hope Kanysheva and Tarakanova end up going - Sinitsyna and Vasilieva already have the JGPF, and already have scores that will likely remain on the SB list. Kanysheva and Tarakanova both need opportunities to get higher international scores (and hopefully Tarakanova gets a Challenger too). Plus I feel for Tarakanova, who must be frustrated with her results despite pretty good skates. I guess we'll see.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Can I ask why you persist with these incredibly biased, one sided and deeply hypocritical links?

Because we appreciate them! This one in particular was a very lovely interview with Russian World Champion Maria Butyrskaya. Loved it.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Because we appreciate them! This one in perticular was a very lovely interview with Russian World Champion Maria Butyrskaya. Loved it.

Thanks, however I don't have the time to interpret all ;-)

Team Russia is the official Russian Olympic Committee channel.

Most news reports, blog postings and articles I find interesting. Many opinions, some a little more subjective than others. Better and more informative than mishaminions posting history over the last couple of days.

National press and official governing bodies of course have a certain bias, but with figure skating being one of the highest profile sports, esp in the women, there are of course lots of opinions and challenges of these opinions.

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
Yeah, they are, so it would be a hassle for one of them to rearrange their programs for junior rules, and since the submission deadline is before RusNats, we won't know if or which on of them will be left off of the worlds team (the possibility of them not making the Worlds team is what makes the situation different from Evgenia's in 2016). I could maybe see it if one of them does not qualify for the GPF though. If the submission date were after Nats, it might make sense, because they're all so amazing that it would be a real bummer to go without a major competition to end their season. Youth Olympic Champion would be somewhat of a consolation prize. But since the submission is so early, RusFed will probably just see which juniors are doing the best based on JGPs for most of them, and hopefully cup events for Kanysheva. I really hope Kanysheva and Tarakanova end up going - Sinitsyna and Vasilieva already have the JGPF, and already have scores that will likely remain on the SB list. Kanysheva and Tarakanova both need opportunities to get higher international scores (and hopefully Tarakanova gets a Challenger too). Plus I feel for Tarakanova, who must be frustrated with her results despite pretty good skates. I guess we'll see.

Would it be possible to put Alena and Anna as subs for YO and then sub them in if they dont qualify for Euros?
(I Assume Sasha will qualify if he remains somewhat conisten with the quad)

Otherwise I would say that coosing between Sinistyna, Vasilieva, Tarakanova and Kanysheva is probably the smartest move.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Would it be possible to put Alena and Anna as subs for YO and then sub them in if they dont qualify for Euros?
(I Assume Sasha will qualify if he remains somewhat conisten with the quad)

Otherwise I would say that coosing between Sinistyna, Vasilieva, Tarakanova and Kanysheva is probably the smartest move.

My choice too. I'd hate to see Aleksandra, Alyona, Anna's routines pale by over exposure. YOG doesn't need A&A&A, Sinitsyna and Vasil'yeva are already in JGPF, but Kanysheva and Tarakanova need a YOG start.
And both are capable of winning YOG.