2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Scott512

Record Breaker
Oh wow... a very mature message from Nastia, probably one of the adults wrote it.

Yes, I didn't want to comment my move and my parents forbid me to go on social media, answer questions. But yesterday I read the comment of Yevgeniy Viktorovich and got very upset. Why he [said] this? I respect him very much, he reached incredible heights as an athlete, of which you can only dream about. He helped me a lot, when he took me in his academy, gave an opportunity to [continue skating] keep being a figure skater. He even found me a sponsor, who paid for my classes. The reason of my leave is not at all what he said... We discussed and talked about it for a long time, with my coach Ksenia Semenovna, that we had almost as 2 times less ice time than my competitors, the group is overcrowded. And even the venue/rink itself, it's very small and I wasn't used to that, I needed/missed the standard one.))) [They] promised [they would give] another ice [rink] as far as in February, but it didn't happen. I started to learn quads and 3A in the academy. And I did have "not so bad/ok" attempts sometimes, but not stable ones, and I was sometimes upset, but it wasn't criminal, on contrary, everyone supported/cheered for me. I had better jumps after training them on harness with Amir Rafaelovich, but I was rarely given to him and with others I was often injured. On practices a lot of things can happen, and tears and injuries too. I am no exception.
It was very offensive/disappointing to read such commentary, where in fact in psychological part, everyone noted that I got more mature[grew up] over the last year and I am becoming different. I think Evgeniy Viktorovich just voiced the opinion that matches my character the most. But nevertheless I respect him a lot and wish him big successes!
P.S We decided to switch back in March, I came to Ksenia Semenovna and told her everything, she understood and supported me, she said "go think [a little more/ sometime about it]", until Evgeniy Viktorovich will be back from his vacations. And so we did. When he came back, me and my mom came with flowers, and when Evgeniy Viktorovich saw me with flowers her understood everything in an instant, he wished me sincere [kind] luck!
I am sorry Yevgeniy Viktorovich, if I offended/disappointed you in any way, you gave me so much, I really did my best during my time with you!!!

I am not going to comment on the reasons why I am back to Svetlana Panova.

She brought him flowers!

Nice words from Nastya. I am sorry this legends words hurt her.

esteticlove

Final Flight
For me it seems that Pluschenko wants fast success which is rather irrational for someone with his career. He seems to be looking up to Tutberidze group and I guess he tried to push Tarakanova to do those quads/3A. But a professional athlete doesn't only need the right physical condition, they need a psychological support too. Eteri's students also cry - see the various documentaries of Evgenia and Alina, it's inevitable. They are elite figure skaters and have a lot to deal with. Tarakanova might not be that much of a TOP skater as Alina, however, she's still 15 and has to cope with growth, difficult training conditions, her own motivation and frustration which by the way is to great extent due to her pathological underscoring at competitions.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist

Elana

On the Ice
Not relevant to the drama that's happening, but this looks cool!

Anna's SP with Alyona's music:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwBsgA5nEPa/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=5936mfcq8dcl

Alyona's SP with Anna's music:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv_Ij2vnulD/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1obwvokk6l7xa

Wow, why do these actually look and fit so good :luv17::luv17:

I do think I prefer them both with their original songs though, I think the team did a good job with both their shorts this season!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Everybody is on the move it seems, usual end of season repositioning?

We'll know for sure who is where for 2019/2020 when FFKKR publishes its list of who is where with whom, end of May: https://fsrussia.ru/sbornaya.html

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

Amei

Record Breaker
Bold response by Anastasia (or more likely by her parents). Smart PR move. One way or the other Plushy end up a bit of a bad guy here. Anastasia is a bit of a victim, but ridding a high horse and saying sorry many times (along some real talk and fair complains). Good move, Nastya, good move.

On here maybe but what about in Russia and in the Fed. Plushenko's always been talked about on here about having a type of untouchable 'legend' status in Russia and the Fed. And that's who will matter in the end, if Plushenko's going 'dirty' with this talk, could he harm Anastasia in terms of the Fed and general public? The Fed can pretty much end Anastasia's career if they want to and it's not like they 'need' her talent with the amount of skaters Russia has.

Wombat1800

On the Ice
On here maybe but what about in Russia and in the Fed. Plushenko's always been talked about on here about having a type of untouchable 'legend' status in Russia and the Fed. And that's who will matter in the end, if Plushenko's going 'dirty' with this talk, could he harm Anastasia in terms of the Fed and general public? The Fed can pretty much end Anastasia's career if they want to and it's not like they 'need' her talent with the amount of skaters Russia has.

That scares me because Nastya has so much potential, I really hope her career isn't ended because of the fed.