2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating | Page 137 | Golden Skate

2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating

mrrice

Record Breaker
I completely forgot that Bradie was skating in Warsaw. She won the SP and I'm hoping she can deliver a strong free and win this event. It will give her great momentum heading into Nationals.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Bradie got ! and < on her flip in SP, but otherwise was great

I just watched her SP and this is a good example of why you need to be there in person to catch UR's. It looked good on video but, you can hear UR's when you're in the arena.

lusterfan

Final Flight
Darn, nailing that 3F+3T would've landed Mariah a season's best SP score! Evgenia's 10 point lead may be too big an obstacle for Mariah to overcome, so I don't see a Silver (and GPF) being too likely anymore. However with a 4 point lead over Satoko and Paganini/Ryabova not being high FS scorers, Mariah has a decent cushion for Bronze.

Interestingly if Mariah can hold off Satoko from the podium, Bradie will qualify into GPF by winning all the tiebreakers over Liza, Mariah (if she's 3rd), and Satoko (if she's 4th).

Mariah's own success will lead to Bradie's fortune as well! :pray:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Satoko doubling the opening 3z was what did her in---she had to add 2t to her 3lo to make a combo. She looked shocked in the KnC.

That was a far worse error than Mariah's fall on the 3f+3t---at least Mariah did a combo and fell afterwards so she got lots of points. Satoko got 0 for the solo triple jump. Ouch!

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Darn, nailing that 3F+3T would've landed Mariah a season's best SP score! Evgenia's 10 point lead may be too big an obstacle for Mariah to overcome, so I don't see a Silver (and GPF) being too likely anymore. However with a 4 point lead over Satoko and Paganini/Ryabova not being high FS scorers, Mariah has a decent cushion for Bronze.

Interestingly if Mariah can hold off Satoko from the podium, Bradie will qualify into GPF by winning all the tiebreakers over Liza, Mariah (if she's 3rd), and Satoko (if she's 4th).

Mariah's own success will lead to Bradie's fortune as well! :pray:

I think it could be really close between Mariah and Satoko, but I'd be happy with either Satoko or Bradie in the GPF. I'm just happy to see both American women in the mix internationally and it's not just Russia and Japan sweeping every GP podium.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:eek:topic:

Is the site behaving strangely for anyone other than myself.

The host was making changes and they are on a different timezone. Please post in the Announcement/Feedback forum in the future should you have any problems with the site. Thanks!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie Gold just skated a clean SP at Easterns, scoring 63.55 and is in 2nd place with 2 skaters to go.

She looked great!

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Welp, the senior ladies short just finished so I feel I'm safe to say...

yessssssssssss go Gracie go!!!!!!

princessalica

Final Flight
Welp, the senior ladies short just finished so I feel I'm safe to say...

yessssssssssss go Gracie go!!!!!!

Huge score jump from regionals. And I felt she was performing too. But there were so many good ladies competing in eastern sectionals today. I was nervous for Gracie. Had to be in the 60s to make it into the top four.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie Gold just skated a clean SP at Easterns, scoring 63.55 and is in 2nd place with 2 skaters to go.

She looked great!

She’s still in 2nd and I am full on ugly crying. And I never do that.

natsulian

Final Flight
Shout out to Emily Zhang for scoring 64.49 and completing yet another clean Short. 3S+3Lo, 3F, and 2A with all positive GOEs amidst a few Level 3s. Best of luck to all our ladies. What an event!

truthbooth

On the Ice
Also, Gracie earned 33.80 TES. She is well on her way to earning the 75 total TES needed for Nationals!

Just to put that into perspective, that's only 3 points lower than she earned in her free skate at Regionals. She is well on her way. She needs 41.20 tomorrow in addition to maintaining her top 4 standing to advance to Nationals. So very happy to see her skate well.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Anyone know the results for the other sectionals? I want to see how Gracie measures up. Holding my breath until after the LP.