2023-24 US Pairs Figure Skating | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2023-24 US Pairs Figure Skating

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am so looking forward to Emily & Spencer's return. They both have so much charisma and skill. I hope that his recovery from surgery went well and that she was also able to heal her ankle injuries. I can't wait to see their programs.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m looking forward to my Ellie and Danny and Ellie and Timmy!!!❤️❤️⛸️⛸️
And i hope this naming the 4CCs team before the Nationals take place is a one off.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Daniil Parkman does not yet have his release, so no opportunity for M/B to compete at Worlds this year.

In a way, this is good for M/B to have another year to really improve and get more comfortable in their new partnership. Fans had anticipated that Danill might get his release in December 2023, but it makes sense that Rep. Of Georgia would not be quick to release him, now that they have Metelkina/ Berulava performing so well, and possibly contending for a medal at Worlds.

Efimova/ Mitrofanov also can't compete internationally, so if Plazas/ Fernandez manage to place ahead of either Kam/ O'Shea or Liu/ Nagy, even coming in 4th or 5th, P/F would have a chance to be selected for Worlds. I'm thinking of a scenario such as:

Chan/Howe
McBeath/ Parkman
Liu/Nagy
Plazas/Fernandez
Kam/ O'Shea
Efimova/ Mitrofanov

Or even if Efi/Mit place 4th and P/F place 5th, as long as P/F are in front of K/O, P/F might have an outside chance for Worlds selection.

Of course, if Ellie is looking better on the jumps and throws, and P/F are inconsistent, then the World team is more likely to be Chan/Howe, Liu/ Nagy, and Kam/ O'Shea. K/O placed 12th at Worlds last year.

The interesting thing about the FSO article is that Parkman spent time in Seattle as a child. Perhaps his father is American, and his mother is Russian? He was born in St. Petersburg, Russia, in 1999.

Last edited:

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I’m looking forward to my Ellie and Danny and Ellie and Timmy!!!❤️❤️⛸️⛸️
And i hope this naming the 4CCs team before the Nationals take place is a one off.
I don't know why it was decided that 4CCs assignments had to be announced so early. Did the ISU give a reason why?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Daniil Parkman does not yet have his release, so no opportunity for M/B to compete at Worlds this year.

In a way, this is good for M/B to have another year to really improve and get more comfortable in their new partnership. Fans had anticipated that Danill might get his release in December 2023, but it makes sense that Rep. Of Georgia would not be quick to release him, now that they have Metelkina/ Berulava performing so well, and possibly contending for a medal at Worlds.

Efimova/ Mitrofanov also can't compete internationally, so if Plazas/ Fernandez manage to place ahead of either Kam/ O'Shea or Liu/ Nagy, even coming in 4th or 5th, P/F would have a chance to be selected for Worlds. I'm thinking of a scenario such as:

Chan/Howe
McBeath/ Parkman
Liu/Nagy
Plazas/Fernandez
Kam/ O'Shea
Efimova/ Mitrofanov

Or even if Efi/Mit place 4th and P/F place 5th, as long as P/F are in front of K/O, P/F might have an outside chance for Worlds selection.

Of course, if Ellie is looking better on the jumps and throws, and P/F are inconsistent, then the World team is more likely to be Chan/Howe, Liu/ Nagy, and Kam/ O'Shea. K/O placed 12th at Worlds last year.

The interesting thing about the FSO article is that Parkman spent time in Seattle as a child. Perhaps his father is American, and his mother is Russian? He was born in St. Petersburg, Russia, in 1999.
Danny and Ellie placed third last year with double jumps and throws. And a double twist. The triple twist seems solid. If I were them I think I’d go for a clean performance over a more difficult one with many errors. But I am not them.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Danny and Ellie placed third last year with double jumps and throws. And a double twist. The triple twist seems solid. If I were them I think I’d go for a clean performance over a more difficult one with many errors. But I am not them.
Yeah, my heart just dropped seeing K/O's woes on the GP. They have such a gorgeous style together. And their choreo is very lovely, as are their costumes. They just needed to perform confidently and consistently. There was an opportunity for them to go at least 3rd and 4th in their GPs, with decent outings. But then, the injury and WD from their first GP. At their second GP, they were unable to regroup.

The main positive is how absolutely supportive and caring Danny is toward Ellie. They even sought out Marcotte's help this season to work on the problems Ellie is having technically. The other issue obviously, is loss of confidence for Ellie. Danny is such a great partner and a solid jumper. But worrying about Ellie, clearly led to his jumps faltering too at their second GP. :(

We can only continue to offer support, and hope they find a breakthrough for Ellie. K/O clearly have the talent to be highly competitive, but the jump and throw technique issues/ confidence issues, must be resolved.

skaterpups

Rinkside
I just realized that Kayne/O'Shea had the same abbreviation as Kam/O'Shea and when I read K/O I was like TARA!???? 😭😆

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Who is she skating with there? I can't see either person's face clearly enough on the tiny image to tell who they are (I'm assuming it is actually Audrey!).

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Seemed to be both Chris Knierem and Brandon Frasier
So she doesn't have a partner yet. :( That's a shame because she was looking really good. I think pairs could be quite an astute move for her. She probably isn't going to quite make it back into the 4CC/WC group in singles as she isn't quite as good technically as some of the others, particularly with the 3+3 combination. With the right partner, she would have a good chance of doing so in pairs. She looked like she was picking up the pairs elements really quickly and I think she could probably overtake both Chelsea (unreliable on jumps) and Ellie Kam (problems with throws, seems to rarely land them in competition).

Do you have any suitable partners who might be available for her?

Last edited:

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Maybe Danil Siianytsia? I think he was working with someone last fall, and then it didn't pan out, as far as I'm aware.

Someone else listed several US men looking for partners in other parts of the internet, but I don't know enough about them to really suggest them as possibilities.

Last edited:

skatingguy

On the Ice

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So she doesn't have a partner yet. :( That's a shame because she was looking really good. I think pairs could be quite an astute move for her. She probably isn't going to quite make it back into the 4CC/WC group in singles as she isn't quite as good technically as some of the others, particularly with the 3+3 combination. With the right partner, she would have a good chance of doing so in pairs. She looked like she was picking up the pairs elements really quickly and I think she could probably overtake both Chelsea (unreliable on jumps) and Ellie Kam (problems with throws, seems to rarely land them in competition).

Do you have any suitable partners who might be available for her?

I would not be surprised to see a man who has a partner jump ship to skate with Audrey. She's young, technically proficient in the singles-type elements necessary in pairs, flexible enough for some really pretty lift positions. Judging by the few clips we've seen she looks to be quickly picking up the partnered elements.

If we step away from the juvenile "yass queen" and "pair girl boss" blathering, we can be honest that the current crop of US pair girls isn't very impressive, and they are unlikely to improve enough to be internationally competitive. I wish Misha hadn't committed to his current unreleased partner.

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
I wish Misha hadn't committed to his current unreleased partner.
I think Alisa Efimova should be fine to compete internationally after Worlds ends in a week. She'll have sat out her one year and Germany doesn't seem to have any issues with releasing skaters. Plus I think they qualify for the Split Couple rule for Grand Prix assignments thanks to Efimova/Blommaert 10th place finish at 2023 Worlds.