2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
I thought I heard a long time ago that Alexandra really liked Rapunzel and that was why she grew her hair so long. I'm not sure about the other girls though :)

She is Rapunzel and Eteri is Rapunzel’s mother, trying to keep her from leaving the tower of Sambo 70 :laugh2:

Please don’t attack me this is only a joke

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Lysacek was pretty tall too and landed his. I know you will say that he is a bloke, but Trusova has some muscles, if you noticed. She is not light like let’s say Mao Asada, she she more like pair girls - very strong, despite her tiny figure.

Lysacek landed quads?

If I right remember he landed in quad once at Nationals.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Why would you be worried if Rozanov wasn’t there? Trusova is Very talented jumper, and Plushenko jumped the quads and the 3A when he competed. I think he’ll give her more attention than the other skaters he coaches because she actually has the potential to win. Plushenko also hired the coach who taught Trusova how to jump first, so whether Rozanov was there or not, she’d be working with a coach who she’s worked with before.

I would be worried because Plushenko has not yet proven himself as a technical coach. He very well could be/become a great technical coach, but so far we don't have any proof of that. And yes, he could do quads, but the ability to do a jump does not always correlate with the ability to teach them. Sasha needs a good technical coach to help with the consistency of her quads and 3A. I'm sure he'll give her more attention than he has in the past to other skaters (at least he will if he really wants this coaching team to succeed, as this is his big shot). And yes Volkov (her first coach) will be there, but he taught her triples, not quads. No one else in Plushenko's team has ever successfully taught a lady a quad. I can't even think of a male skater they've taught a quad, but I'm not sure on that one.

The Eteri coaching team is where she got the quads, and I was just saying that it gives me peace of mind to know that someone who can successfully teach that technique will be there with her. Overall I'm not saying that it wouldn't work if not for Rozanov, maybe it would! But Rozanov being there, in my opinion, makes it a lot more likely that it will work out. Rozanov is the only one of them who has seen the process of Sasha (and many other girls) learning quads, warming them up in competition, and has even held the harness for her. And as I understand it, he had a big part in training/maintaining the quads of the youngsters like Akatieva and Zhilina - proof that he knows how to teach ladies quads/quads in general! Of course its not a bad thing to have Sasha's first coach there, I just wouldn't count on that to help make her quads more consistent when she never got quads or a 3A under him in the first place.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
I would be worried because Plushenko has not yet proven himself as a technical coach.

There's another reason to worry - in her last interview from Kislovodsk Sasha said that she still doesn't know who'll be coaching her on a daily basis.

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
I would be worried because Plushenko has not yet proven himself as a technical coach. He very well could be/become a great technical coach, but so far we don't have any proof of that. And yes, he could do quads, but the ability to do a jump does not always correlate with the ability to teach them. Sasha needs a good technical coach to help with the consistency of her quads and 3A. I'm sure he'll give her more attention than he has in the past to other skaters (at least he will if he really wants this coaching team to succeed, as this is his big shot). And yes Volkov (her first coach) will be there, but he taught her triples, not quads. No one else in Plushenko's team has ever successfully taught a lady a quad. I can't even think of a male skater they've taught a quad, but I'm not sure on that one.

The Eteri coaching team is where she got the quads, and I was just saying that it gives me peace of mind to know that someone who can successfully teach that technique will be there with her. Overall I'm not saying that it wouldn't work if not for Rozanov, maybe it would! But Rozanov being there, in my opinion, makes it a lot more likely that it will work out. Rozanov is the only one of them who has seen the process of Sasha (and many other girls) learning quads, warming them up in competition, and has even held the harness for her. And as I understand it, he had a big part in training/maintaining the quads of the youngsters like Akatieva and Zhilina - proof that he knows how to teach ladies quads/quads in general! Of course its not a bad thing to have Sasha's first coach there, I just wouldn't count on that to help make her quads more consistent when she never got quads or a 3A under him in the first place.

Ok, I didn’t realize she wasn’t doing the quads with him at all, I thought it was just Eteri who perfected them with her on a consistent basis. I think it will be helpful with both Rozanov and Volkov there because Rozanov can help her continue to train quad and Volkov could help work on her jump basics if she needs some minor technique adjustments.

icestorm

Rinkside
Ok, I didn’t realize she wasn’t doing the quads with him at all, I thought it was just Eteri who perfected them with her on a consistent basis. I think it will be helpful with both Rozanov and Volkov there because Rozanov can help her continue to train quad and Volkov could help work on her jump basics if she needs some minor technique adjustments.
Volkov is not gonna be in Kislovodsk. He wiil be in Novogorsk with Kovalev.

Amei

Record Breaker
There's another reason to worry - in her last interview from Kislovodsk Sasha said that she still doesn't know who'll be coaching her on a daily basis.

That does seem a bit concerning - she's completely changing training environments, she's had extended time off the ice, maybe the most she's ever had (I don't know if she's had injuries before that's taken her off the ice before for extended time like Kostornaia or Shcherbakova), and she's still unaware what her coaching situation on a day-to-day basis will be? Though perhaps they have an 'idea' of who it might be but they are waiting till they can get on ice with her and see who gels with her best on ice.

Could it also be getting delayed by her transfer paperwork going through completely?

Scott512

Record Breaker

So leave the best coach in the world for ladies to go to a team where she doesnt even know who will be her day to day coach. What BS. If this blows up on her Sasha may never forgive her parents who were behind the move. That said I would think young Sergei would be her coacch on a day to day basis. He is supposedly one of the reasons she left EG. But if Sasha doesnt know I wouldnt.

Arbitrary

Medalist
So leave the best coach in the world for ladies to go to a team where she doesnt even know who will be her day to day coach. What BS. If this blows up on her Sasha may never forgive her parents who were behind the move. That said I would think young Sergei would be her coacch on a day to day basis. He is supposedly one of the reasons she left EG. But if Sasha doesnt know I wouldnt.

The lost WC doomed Sasha. She could reach the heights she deserved but s//t happens.
After the three consecutive loses Sasha was pushed down behind two concurrent stars of the TTfP. So, her parents apparently decided to seek the truth in other places.
For good or for bad.

Gossips were Sasha (or her parents) first attempted to leave at February, way before the WC was cancelled. I don't see how it could help.

And yes, the TTfP is overfilled with stars.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If this blows up on her Sasha may never forgive her parents who were behind the move.

And if it works and she triumphs, the other two will be looking squinteyed at Eteri (and possibly the exit sign). Who knows?

Fried

Final Flight
Stay calm!
My crystal ball tells me that everything will be fine.
God safe the Quad Queen!

KOBOT37

Match Penalty
He is supposedly one of the reasons she left EG.

:biggrin:

Russian clickbait media can claim that it was Rozanov who invented jumps not Axel Rudolf Paulsen and frankly, after few articles I have read, I won't be surprised,but It still won't convince anybody who isn't purposely blinding himself that there was more that one (and only one) reason of Trusova's leaving TT.

Also thanks Alexandra for honestly saying that she wants everything and right now,that makes perfectly clear why she went where she went- when you want huge return on your deposit, established and big banks aren't the way, you need to find ponzi schemes and hope for the best. Well, good luck.

Arbitrary

Medalist
How exactly did she deserve it?

Easy.
Sasha had the best FP and 3rd-4th SP for 2020. She proved she can do both.
She openly forced the preparations for WC to be in the optimal form and for the last few years she was in her best form close to March.

Cancelled WC for everyone.
Lost WC for Sasha.

KOBOT37

Match Penalty
Easy.
Sasha had the best FP and 3rd-4th SP for 2020. She proved she can do both.
She openly forced the preparations for WC to be in the optimal form and for the last few years she was in her best form close to March.

Doesn't mean anything.

You don't "deserve" any medal until you get on the ice and win them.

Status
Not open for further replies.