2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
One of the very serious bloggers on Sasha's live interview ( google translate )

"Now - alive - monosyllabic and non-invasive answers. And also - a persistent feeling, as in the course of the conversation, Trusova was waiting for clues from behind the shot and regularly received them. This is probably normal insurance if a 15-year-old girl goes live; or maybe it seemed to us that Sasha was helped with answers." This is the most important question "Who wrote Sasha's farewell message? :palmf: Who wrote Sasha's farewell message? :cool14: who? :scratch3: Are these her real answers? And so on and so on. Honestly,who cares about it? Why is it so important? This is more important as her programs, music or whatever.. They are obsessed, I'm sure..

You know, this is the flip side of the popularity of FS in Russia. This attracts many people who are not at all interested in FS sports as such or have some superficial knowledge about it, but see it as something like a toxic live show like "House 2", etc. They have fun, uniting in groups, pouring mud on athletes and each other on forums that were originally as sports. All this is very sad.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Excellent interview with Sasha.

I found it most interesting that she can't live without her mother. But she is. Good luck to Sasha and her first training camp with her new coach.

How tall is 157? 5'3"? I have a feeling puberty will be pretty hard on this girl. She could be taller than Konstantinovar in a year and Stasya is almost 5'7" tall. If she grows a few more inches and can still do multiple quads in a free skate it will be one of the greatest achievements ever in ladies figure skating. Doing quads when your 5 ft tall girl is one thing and absolutely phenomenal but doing it when your 5 ft 5 in tall or taller would be off the charts incredible.

Its 5'1" and change. I don't foresee her growing 6 inches in a year. Or even 4.

hanca

Record Breaker
Excellent interview with Sasha.

I found it most interesting that she can't live without her mother. But she is. Good luck to Sasha and her first training camp with her new coach.

How tall is 157? 5'3"? I have a feeling puberty will be pretty hard on this girl. She could be taller than Konstantinovar in a year and Stasya is almost 5'7" tall. If she grows a few more inches and can still do multiple quads in a free skate it will be one of the greatest achievements ever in ladies figure skating. Doing quads when your 5 ft tall girl is one thing and absolutely phenomenal but doing it when your 5 ft 5 in tall or taller would be off the charts incredible.

Lysacek was pretty tall too and landed his. I know you will say that he is a bloke, but Trusova has some muscles, if you noticed. She is not light like let’s say Mao Asada, she she more like pair girls - very strong, despite her tiny figure.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Lysacek was pretty tall too and landed his. I know you will say that he is a bloke, but Trusova has some muscles, if you noticed. She is not light like let’s say Mao Asada, she she more like pair girls - very strong, despite her tiny figure.

She also gets just as high as the men on her quads, and is extremely strong. I believe in her :)

starlight97

Final Flight
Please don't attack me for asking this question but is there a specific trend in Russia or amongst Russian athlete girls to never cut their hair, horse tail-style ?
I'm just seeing it with Anna and of course Alexandra and also many of the gymnasts. Just curious if that's like a thing there that's considered pretty? Or beneficial for making buns?

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Please don't attack me for asking this question but is there a specific trend in Russia or amongst Russian athlete girls to never cut their hair, horse tail-style ?
I'm just seeing it with Anna and of course Alexandra and also many of the gymnasts. Just curious if that's like a thing there that's considered pretty? Or beneficial for making buns?

It was the subject of a very serious discussion in Alina's FF last year; you might want to read this course book that was compiled based on it.

Resa

On the Ice

I think the endresult after a long discussion was that it is a beauty ideal.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Its 5'1" and change. I don't foresee her growing 6 inches in a year. Or even 4.

Her mother is quite tall and curvy, her father seems tall too. We don't know. I actually thought she was closer to 159 because I think she has grown more than 2 cm since the ISU profiles were updated in August but who am I to say. There were always those rumors coming out of the Sambo school about drugs, but besides that one thing Laishev said there was nothing else so I'd like to brush that off and not start a huge controversy. Regardless, I don't think anything is the fault of the young girls

I really am excited (and also a little nervous) to see Sasha with her new coach. I hope they take time to work on her PCS and 4Lo.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Her mother is quite tall and curvy, her father seems tall too. We don't know. I actually thought she was closer to 159 because I think she has grown more than 2 cm since the ISU profiles were updated in August but who am I to say. There were always those rumors coming out of the Sambo school about drugs, but besides that one thing Laishev said there was nothing else so I'd like to brush that off and not start a huge controversy. Regardless, I don't think anything is the fault of the young girls

I really am excited (and also a little nervous) to see Sasha with her new coach. I hope they take time to work on her PCS and 4Lo.

I was just going off of what she said in the interview which was 157 (and that she may have grown a little).

As for the new coach, the fact that Rozanov is there is the only thing that gives me peace of mind. If it were just Plushenko I would be so worried. Working on the 4Lo would be amazing, but I hope more that they stabilize the 3A. I just saw a video of her landing it in an official practice on instagram ( https://www.instagram.com/p/CAya2KlJXTA/?igshid=1v8nwhvrhs8sd ), and this has to be the best video of it. When she lands it right, its absolutely huge, with a nice edge coming out of it to boot. If she gets it that way consistently, even if its just in the short program, it will be amazing. I think I like it more than some of her quads even. Funny that my favorite jumps of hers (other than the 4T), her 3A and 4S, she so far has landed the least. But yes, a 4Lo would be nice to complete the set too. She just already has so much to focus on.

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
I was just going off of what she said in the interview which was 157 (and that she may have grown a little).

As for the new coach, the fact that Rozanov is there is the only thing that gives me peace of mind. If it were just Plushenko I would be so worried. Working on the 4Lo would be amazing, but I hope more that they stabilize the 3A. I just saw a video of her landing it in an official practice on instagram ( https://www.instagram.com/p/CAya2KlJXTA/?igshid=1v8nwhvrhs8sd ), and this has to be the best video of it. When she lands it right, its absolutely huge, with a nice edge coming out of it to boot. If she gets it that way consistently, even if its just in the short program, it will be amazing. I think I like it more than some of her quads even. Funny that my favorite jumps of hers (other than the 4T), her 3A and 4S, she so far has landed the least. But yes, a 4Lo would be nice to complete the set too. She just already has so much to focus on.

Why would you be worried if Rozanov wasn’t there? Trusova is Very talented jumper, and Plushenko jumped the quads and the 3A when he competed. I think he’ll give her more attention than the other skaters he coaches because she actually has the potential to win. Plushenko also hired the coach who taught Trusova how to jump first, so whether Rozanov was there or not, she’d be working with a coach who she’s worked with before.

Arbitrary

Medalist
Edit

Trusova is still grounded, expected to begin training next week.

Shcherbakova already does 3-3 combos.

brakes

On the Ice
Russian women have their inner powers enchanted in their hairs. :hpull:

Resa

On the Ice
Edit

Trusova is still grounded, expected to begin training next week.

Shcherbakova already does 3-3 combos.

Well, if they are already doing 3-3 within a few days, in don't think Sasha will have problems going back to her jumps as well. It's actually a good sign

Scott512

Record Breaker
Yes a bloke with testosterone. Big advantage.
Like him or not, he is a very important person for the current russian ladies FS world. Happy birthday, Daniil Gleichenhaus :cheer::hb:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CA82av9pSKC/
Happy Birthday Danny Boy! My Wish for him is to remain the number one choreographer in the sport in the upcoming season if there is an upcoming season.
No one will attack you over this or anything else here for that matter.

There is no reason for their hair to be as long as it is other than they like it like that.

skycastles

Rinkside
Country
United-States
I thought I heard a long time ago that Alexandra really liked Rapunzel and that was why she grew her hair so long. I'm not sure about the other girls though :)

Mawwerg

Final Flight
I remember Ternov analyzed ladies jumps and Sasha had the least prerotation on 2A among the top ladies. Probably it is why she has problems with her 3A.

Status
Not open for further replies.