2014-15 Japanese Nationals Ladies SP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2014-15 Japanese Nationals Ladies SP

ks777

Record Breaker
I don't get Hongo's score. She has one of the ugliest postures among the top Japanese skaters with really weak spin positions. Nothing special at all.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I don't get Hongo's score. She has one of the ugliest postures among the top Japanese skaters with really weak spin positions. Nothing special at all.
Jumps not UR or wong edge. I bet JSF wants to make sure they choose the lady with the least jump problem.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Hongo's pcs are lower than a few ladies. The only benefit she got from today was UR call. I don't think she has any but the caller might as well give her 2.

burntBREAD

Medalist
J
Jumps not UR or wong edge. I bet JSF wants to make sure they choose the lady with the least jump problem.

Hongo flutzes and she does actually have UR problems, but mostly on the end of her difficult combos. Certainly less than Miyahara or Murakami, but she does have issues too. So yes, lady with the most passable jumps..

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
The tech panels at these nationals have been ridiculous :slink:

juuryokunashi

On the Ice

That's the thing these days; JSF is looking for a lady who can hold mettle against Russian ladies who are good at jumps -- doesn't matter if there's not much refinement or artistry in the athlete because good jumps --> good TES --> good PCS (which is how it usually progresses in the IJS).

I'm worried about the junior ladies though. I wonder if they can still hold onto their leads against Kanako and Haruka with the longer program and the revised layouts of their programs to accommodate senior FS requirements (and I am still rooting for both Kana and Haruka to recover!).

ks777

Record Breaker
Hongo's pcs are lower than a few ladies. The only benefit she got from today was UR call. I don't think she has any but the caller might as well give her 2.
I am sorry but Hongo's PCS is only .12 lower than Miyahara. No way she should be getting that kind of PCS. Kato got 5 points lower than Hongo in PCS.. no way. I find Kato so much more interesting than Hongo.

Last edited:

Lota

Record Breaker
Well obviously Rika still has a lot of work to do, but I enjoy watching her skate, I find it entertaining :)

makaihime

Final Flight
What happened here....? Its like the Japanese tech panel is out to destroy everyone :shocked: Kanako.....Please pull a Takahito and fight for that spot tomorrow, this cannot be how you end your career :cry: And as happy as I am for Rika, unfortunately I just cannot come to like her skating. Nothing stands out to me but its nice to see her doing well this year.

MIM

Medalist
Kanako,,,, sigh,,,,,
I really think Kanako is the best veteran this season after Carolina, Mao, and Yuna left. I am just wondering what holds her back..:hopelessness: While Wagner soars getting all the great pcs and finds her way to every podium, Kana struggles in her nationals. I do think Kana has become a wonderful skater. She has the best short program this season and she performed beautifully.. Please please don't make me cry,, I just hope she goes to the World and ends her career in a high note.

katymay

Medalist
Love Satoko's program....a masterpiece of choreography well suited to her skating style. What a pleasure to watch.

katymay

Medalist
Just my opinion of course, but I think the top 3 here are better than the top 3 Russians. I think the Russians better all watch out for Wakaba, once she masters the spins...look out. Her jumps are amazing.

leolion11

On the Ice
That's the thing these days; JSF is looking for a lady who can hold mettle against Russian ladies who are good at jumps -- doesn't matter if there's not much refinement or artistry in the athlete because good jumps --> good TES --> good PCS (which is how it usually progresses in the IJS).

I'm worried about the junior ladies though. I wonder if they can still hold onto their leads against Kanako and Haruka with the longer program and the revised layouts of their programs to accommodate senior FS requirements (and I am still rooting for both Kana and Haruka to recover!).

I believe that's probably the case but then again Rika's been held down in PCS in international competitions compared to the Russian ladies because her presentation is a lot weaker though she has rather good jumps, so it's still her main weakness.

I hope the junior ladies will be fine. Hopefully wakaba can skate another clean program and stay on the podium :cheer2:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Wakaba is unpolished at this point. She has the TR and the big jumps, which will help her. She needs to be packaged correctly and some political push to get to the top.
She can out jump the Russian girls. Needs a top tier coach to fight for that pcs.

ks777

Record Breaker
Wakaba is unpolished at this point. She has the TR and the big jumps, which will help her. She needs to be packaged correctly and some political push to get to the top.
She can out jump the Russian girls. Needs a top tier coach to fight for that pcs.

I think Wakaba needs a coach who can help her with her PCS. She is fast and her jumps are good but her presentation is boring and unpolished. Marin Honda is so much more polished.

purpledream

On the Ice
I think Wakaba needs a coach who can help her with her PCS. She is fast and her jumps are good but her presentation is boring and unpolished. Marin Honda is so much more polished.

I just can't wait for Marin Honda to be out on the junior season! (and her senior debut at nationals would be sensational given her present quality of skating!)

leolion11

On the Ice
I just can't wait for Marin Honda to be out on the junior season! (and her senior debut at nationals would be sensational given her present quality of skating!)

Yes! She has good jumps and it'll be great to see her perform at the junior level. Hope she keeps those jumps even after puberty

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
Those UR calls for so many girls are absolutely ridiculous. Wakaba Higuchi UR ??????????? Are u kidding me.