2014 Skate Canada Ladies SP 10/31 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Ladies SP 10/31

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I have a feeling 2 Russians for the podium. Just a feeling... and they probably deserve it. 3rd will go to Ashley (Although I'd love her win here), Satoko 4th. Alena did a master class in Russian projection. It is the natural progression from her 2011 Polka circus program where she was a clown in 80s permed red hair.

Puchi

On the Ice
That was a pretty good skate by Hicks. That popped Lutz probably cost her the first place.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
That music in combination with the jump failures and costume mishap and general all-around lackluster skating created a really, really strong feeling of patheticness, unfortunately.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Good for Viktoria for getting back into the program and landing a nice 2A after the costume malfunction! Also, I love this piece of music for a woman's program, but I don't feel she lives up to it (Granted, this is not her best skate by far, but I didn't feel she quite 'matched' the music the other time I saw this program, which was skated much better).

BounceAround

On the Ice
Viktoria HELGESSON

Double Loop
Triple Toe (Hand down)
-Costume Malfunction-
Layback
Combination Spin
Double Axel
Flying Sit
Step Sequence

I found her choreography very satisfying. I'm sad it didn't turn out better :(. Does anyone know in what connection that Russian commentator brought up Mao during her performance?

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I really like Courtney's sp this season. The music somehow reminds of the opening of Bourne Identity.

That is one of the most beautiful Kate Bush songs and it's a terrible edit. But major props to her for skating through that. That's guts.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Helgesson: 2Lo, 3T hand down, 2A. No combination, dress came undone before the second triple. However, she clipped the dress together again and landed her 2A. :) I admit I dislike the choice of music, but she interpreted it well.