2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Mens FS 11/22 | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Mens FS 11/22

BounceAround

On the Ice
I absolutely HATE russian commenter. He's not competent and very nationalistic. :disapp:

There are many different commentators on CNOPT, right? I like the man with the deep voice who usually doesn't say much and the woman who sometimes does pairs :).

lady_bee

Medalist
Am I the only one who like Kovtun a bit? He is not my favourite skater, but his FS at Worlds 14 was great and there is something interesting in his skating to me.

You are not only one. I can't describe why, but I kind of like him.
Maybe because I have a soft spot for sad-looking young boys.
I wonder when I saw his smile last time.

Lota

Record Breaker
I absolutely HATE russian commenter. He's not competent and very nationalistic. :disapp:

It is somewhat annoying, BUT it's understandable he wants russians to have at least one guy in the GPF. He's annoying, but he does have some great moments :laugh:

Last edited:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Poor Dornbush. I love this program though. I would be thrilled to see him on the world team this year. I think he's my favorite US man outside of Jason.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Why must my plugins start giving me trouble once group 2 starts? :disapp::drama:

Maxim KOVTUN, RUS ..........243.35 (FS TES 85.96, PCS 80.28)
Adam RIPPON, USA ............225.42 (FS TES 74.42, PCS 75.02)
Adian PITKEEV, RUS ...........219.38 (FS TES 73.29, PCS 69.88)
Richard DORNBUSH, USA ...219.27 (FS TES 64.53, PCS 75.50)
Han YAN, CHN ...................216.85 (FS TES 71.97, PCS 73.70)
Chafik BESSEGHIER, FRA .....211.24 (FS TES 62.88, PCS 71.14)
Douglas RAZZANO, USA ......194.24 (FS TES 64.06, PCS 65.20)
Florent AMODIO, FRA .........193.00 (FS TES 45.99, PCS 72.94)

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
There are many different commentators on CNOPT, right? I like the man with the deep voice who usually doesn't say much and the woman who sometimes does pairs :).

They're all bad tbh. That one knows nothing about Ice Dance.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Okay, Dornbush's technical content would've barely been adequate in 1988, but the shallow side of me won't mind staring at him all day. Those lines!

It definitely wasn't a good skate. Please watch him at Lambardia. that was the performance I fell in love with.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
It is somewhat annoying, BUT it's understandable he wants russians to have at least one guy in the GPF. He's annoying, but he does have some great moments :laugh:

Well, I don't remember any great moments tbh :biggrin:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Rach's concerto tends to be lumped together regardless of movement just bc the theme of the programs are the same. My point w/ Lu Chen is that ownership can change with time and whenever someone claims a piece of music as untouchable, it's silly (too silly to even be facetious about).

As jenaj has stated, a ton of notable skaters have used the 1st movement.

It is a bit silly, but it's also silly to think that people won't primarily compare them to the famous skater who used that music at the Olympics just the previous season.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
os168 obviously means Max Kovtun :)

Oh yes, of course I am :) I am one of the biggest complainer about Max Kovtun's PCS, glad to see it dropped down to reasonable level for a good performance from him.