Record Breaker
GP 1: Tsurskaya, Mikhailova
GP 2: Sotskova, Fedichkina
GP 3: Sakhanovich, Mitrofanova
GP 4: Sotskova, Konstantinova/Solovyeva
GP 5: Tsurskaya, Proklova
GP 6: Fedichkina, Mitrofanova/Iushenko
GP 7: Sakhanovich, Proklova/Mitrofanova/Solovyeva/Konstantinova/Iushenko

Those would be the assignments I would like to see.

hanca

Record Breaker
GP 4: Sotskova, Konstantinova/Solovyeva
GP 6: Fedichkina, Mitrofanova/Iushenko
GP 7: Sakhanovich, Proklova/Mitrofanova/Solovyeva/Konstantinova/Iushenko

Those would be the assignments I would like to see.

If I may do some corrections, I would hope for:
GP 4: Sotskova, Solovyeva
GP 6: Fedichkina, Mitrofanova/Solovyeva (whichever placed better in the first event)
GP 7: Sakhanovich, Proklova

Yushenko had chances for two years and it never got anywhere. And Konstatntinova only had one good competition. But if neither Mitrofanova nor Solovyeva scored decently in their first event, I would give Konstantinova a chance.

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
So, Russian Fed has named Diana Pervushkina to Austria. I would like to think that there is no way they are really sending her to Austria instead of one of their amazing young talent but I guess we just have to wait and see.

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
I notice Tessa Hong is listed as a sub for Croatia & Spain... wonder why she wasn't listed at one of the earlier events? I'd like to see her on the JGP this year...

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
US needs to sub Weinberg/Fernandez into one of the remaining JGPs with pairs.... Is there enough time to replace Weinsten/Simon in Austria?

The Finn

Record Breaker
I wish they would move Polina to Spain.

Russian Fed does need to do some changes but that is not one of them. Both Polina and Sima will likely make it to the JGPF no matter where their skate but Alisa needs to skate in an event where there are no Polina, Maria or Sima.

What Russian Fed needs to do ASAP is to replace Mishina / Mirzoev with Borisova / Sopot because if they don't then Ivanova / Khakimov or Atakhanova / Spiridonov is left without a 2nd event. If Atakhanova / Spiridonov don't do well in Austria then Russian Fed can give their 2nd event to Mishina / Mirzoev but at the moment it should be Mishina / Mirzoev who is left without a 2nd event.

There are also similar situation in ice dance. At the moment Russian Fed is planning to send Skoptcova / Aleshin to Poland and if they do then either Polishchuk / Vakhnov or Konkina / Reviya don't get a 2nd event which would be waste because they both did pretty well in their 1st event and Skoptcova / Aleshin probably wouldn't get 2nd event unless they place 2nd in Poland which is unlikely because of the high quality of ice Dance in JGP Poland.

The Finn

Record Breaker
What Russian Fed needs to do ASAP is to replace Mishina / Mirzoev with Borisova / Sopot because if they don't then Ivanova / Khakimov or Atakhanova / Spiridonov is left without a 2nd event. If Atakhanova / Spiridonov don't do well in Austria then Russian Fed can give their 2nd event to Mishina / Mirzoev but at the moment it should be Mishina / Mirzoev who is left without a 2nd event.

Russian Fed did a late change. They replace Mishina / Mirzoev with Ivanova / Khakimov. Hopefully Ivanova / Khakimov will do well despite all the traveling. They were at JGP Usa last week. I wonder why Russian Fed didn't choose Borisova / Sopot instead of Ivanova / Khakimov. That would have make the most sense but I guess they had their reasons.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Sakhanovich replaced in JGP #5 Poland by Mitrofanova http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00028299.htm

So far:
JGP #6 Proklova/Fedichkina
JGP #7 Proklova/Sakhanovich

Unless she replace one of Proklova/Fedichkina, no second step for Seraphima.

It looks to me more like Sima will be replaced by someone in Croatia too. Why else would they give her spot to Mitrofanova who had no 2nd event? I highly doubt they did this in the expense of Proklova or Fedichkina.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It looks to me more like Sima will be replaced by someone in Croatia too. Why else would they give her spot to Mitrofanova who had no 2nd event? I highly doubt they did this in the expense of Proklova or Fedichkina.

She says she has 2 events not even an hr ago https://m.ask.fm/Serafima0902/
For all we know she is being moved to Spain and nobody has even seen Proklova (who has been reported to have had boot problems and was not jumping during training camps).

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
As of the season 2015/16, a new calculation for the standings per nation is introduced for the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating series. These new standings are introduced not only to promote the talent of each nation as a team, but also to increase the competitiveness of the nations and encourage the individual skaters to earn maximum points for their team.
More from here.
http://isuproddata.blob.core.windows.net/media/224412/standing_-calculation_jgp_series_15_16.pdf

The current standings.
1. Russia 306
2. Usa 208
3. Japan 115
http://www.isuresults.com/events/jgp2015/jgpnos.pdf

By the way, In ladies Japan leads Russia by three points.
http://www.isuresults.com/events/jgp2015/jgpnsladies.pdf

Current standings of Men, Pairs and Ice dancing.
http://www.isu.org/en/single-and-pa...eries/isu-junior-grand-prix-of-figure-skating

Layback11

Record Breaker
At this point in time, Vivian would be 4th qualifier for the final. :think: That's probably going to change when Yuna, Polina and Serafima compete, but there's a few people below her who she beats in a tie (Valeriya Mikhailova, Wakaba Highuchi)...so that's leaving an actual sliver of a chance open that she could qualify! :cheer: If not, she will probably be an alternate anyway.

Anyone know if Proklova has two spots?

malif

Rinkside
Since today Proklova has only one spot in Zagreb, being replaced by Sima in Spain.
It would be natural to see her also replaced by Pervushkina in the Zagreb, too.

You strongly overestimate the chances of Vivian Le. Normally she would be behind Polina-Sima-Masha,
and may be even behind Alisa (if 4+2),
behind Yuna Sh, Mihara, Sakamoto, Honda, and possibly Higuchi (if there is a tie, 1+5 beats 3+3).

My guess is that she will decently finish 8th-9th.

Last edited:

kalee

On the Ice
Choi Da Bin is also in 3-3 with higher total points, so also ahead of Vivian. I'd guess the final 6 will probably consist of Sotskova (confirmed), Tsurskaya, Sima, Mai, Kaori and Yuna Shiraiwa. Then come the alternates - the top 3 amongst Marin Honda, Alisa F., Da Bin, Vivian. Wakaba will have to beat Sima to win in Zagreb & get ahead of those 4.

The Finn

Record Breaker
There are also similar situation in ice dance. At the moment Russian Fed is planning to send Skoptcova / Aleshin to Poland and if they do then either Polishchuk / Vakhnov or Konkina / Reviya don't get a 2nd event which would be a waste because they both did pretty well at their 1st event and Skoptcova / Aleshin probably wouldn't get 2nd event unless they place 2nd in Poland which is unlikely because of the high quality of ice Dance in JGP Poland.

So, Russia is still planning to send Skoptcova / Aleshin to Poland. If that happens then it would mean that Konkina / Reviya don't get a 2nd event. I don't get why Russian Fed would give one event for Skoptcova / Aleshin because their chances to get 2nd event is really low. I would have given their spot to Konkina / Reviya who did pretty well at their 1st event. Anyway, at the moment Shevchenko/Eremenko is left without a 2nd event but I am sure they will go to Croatia instead of Konkina / Reviya or to Poland instead of Skoptcova / Aleshin.

The Finn

Record Breaker
It definitely looks like Skoptcova/Aleshin will be at Poland and I wonder if this means that Shpilevaya/Smirnov isn't fit to skate this JGP season. That would explain why Russia is sending not only Skoptcova/Aleshin but also Polishchuk/Vakhnov to Poland. I say this because if Shpilevaya/Smirnov would be fit to skate then Russia would have a shortage of JGP spots to give and in that case neither of those pairs would go to Poland. But if Shpilevaya/Smirnov are not fit to skate then there are enough spots and Russian Fed can give two events for all those who have earned 2nd event and also 2 events for Skoptcova/Aleshin. The way I see it is that there should be no way that Russia is giving Skoptcova/Aleshin their 1st event and Polishchuk/Vakhnov their 2nd event when Shevchenko/Eremenko is at the moment without a 2nd event unless Shpilevaya/Smirnov isn't fit to skate in which case all this would make sense.

So, basically what I am saying is that I think that Shpilevaya/Smirnov will by replaced by Shevchenko/Eremenko and Skoptcova/Aleshin at the last two events. Assuming that Skoptcova/Aleshin will skate well enough to earn the 2nd event.