lady_bee

Medalist
Despite her tights, which have been bothering me from the first to end,
Wow to Polina:hap36:

Last edited:

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
LOL can anyone hear what the MC was saying there at the rink??? Some of it was English and I have no idea what he i doing LOL

Leonardo

Final Flight
Tsurskaya's dress is weird, but otherwise, wow, wow, wow! Those jumps! And not just jumps, either. Her elements in general were just fantastic, and she was definitely the best of a very good field!

She's better than any senior in the technical elements, seriously. (Except for those who can do a clean program with a 3A). She's crazy good, such a shame I don't like her artistry, I would be a big fan otherwise.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know!! I just kept hearing Tanith Belbin (from her Skating Lesson interview) imitating Marina Zoueva "skaters don't have hooves". I hated over the boot tights before but now I despise them!

It doesn't make sense in my opinion. What are you trying to hide? I want to see the boots!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I think the placements are fair. It's so close, anything can happen. I love Maria, but I've seen her skate that program much better. They all did great though!

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
Everyone skated very well and I think it was well judged! Marin and Alisa were my favourites but Polina is very impressive

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Aside from the competition, I love the announcer. :luv17:
He makes me feel like I'm in a festival.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Very nice competition!:yahoo:

Kudos for junior ladies bringing their best to Barcelona! Wishing to see the same quality on saturday.

I generally agree with the placements but Maria deserved a little bit higher PCS.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know!! I just kept hearing Tanith Belbin (from her Skating Lesson interview) imitating Marina Zoueva "skaters don't have hooves". I hated over the boot tights before but now I despise them!

Im the exact opposite. I want over the boot or at least half boot tights. Otherwise it looks dumpy and I wind up always looking at how dirty and beat up the skater's boots are. I like to imagine where a pair of skates might be going and not where they have been.

Last edited:

Leonardo

Final Flight
Marin got the 2nd highest pcs. Well deserved. Actually she could get the highest pcs of the competition. But overall there is no contest, Polina is the best. Such speed, jumps and confidence, perfect technique, omg...

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Sorry? There is no rule in goldenskate that says that you can not post that you think skater "x" was better than skater "y". Seriously.

That's not what I responded to you for. I repeat: Please do not forget that this his event and this thread are not for you alone to enjoy. Thank you very much.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The announcer needs to become an official announcer for ISU competitions period! Who even is this guy? Anyone in the arena know?

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm so glad that Marin delivered a good skate today as you know she is usually weak at SP.

I love her posture and lovely movements. In addition, I enjoyed Alisa's performance as well.

I hope all girls make a great free skate too.

Last edited:

bramweld

Record Breaker
That's not what I responded to you for. I repeat: Please do not forget that this his event and this thread are not for you alone to enjoy. Thank you very much.

How could one person prevent the rest of us from enjoying such a wonderful event? :roll5: WHAT IS THIS? CENSORSHIP?

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Im the exact opposite. I want over the boot or at least half boot tights. Otherwise it looks dumpy and I wind up always looking at how dirty and beat up the skater's boots are.

Interesting. I find them distracting. The skaters ankles look distorted and when the tights start creeping up the skate and a bit of boot shows I worry the they are going to come off the boot and mess up the skater's concentration. Maybe skating needs to look into a boot polish sponsorship and provide polish at events!;)