2015 Cup of China Ladies Free Skate | Page 35 | Golden Skate

2015 Cup of China Ladies Free Skate

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
If you are been honest. What did you think about PCS at Skate America and Skate Canada. Keep it real, because otherwise your beef is with Mao alone

This year everyone had a very strong start pcs wise;)

minze

Medalist
This year everyone had a very strong start pcs wise;)

Uhmm i would call it over scoring. So, there you have it. The women with deep edges, transitions, good interpretation and overall superior skating skills, should have high PCS. Because if I remember correctly the winners of the last 2 events did not have perfect skates and their PCS did not suffer. So, why should Mao's.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
minze, Mao's free skate was the worst if comparing with other 1st places. URs problem, bad lutz edge and so on. Same Mao, same problems:shrug:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Gosh, I just adored Rika Hongo. She gave me goosebumps. She channels the Akiko spirit! I wish her all the best. You know, I adore Elena, love Anna and Mao without question but Rika just blew them all away. I hope she'll make it to the final and podium. Her program is fantastic.

minze

Medalist
minze, Mao's free skate was the worst if comparing with other 1st places. URs problem, bad lutz edge and so on. Same Mao, same problems:shrug:

Ashley has several underrotations Medianeva had a fall . Mao's LP was not her best, but it was not a disaster as you are making it sound.

In any case I am happy Rika has a new fan.

minze

Medalist

Same Mao same awesomeness. Best edges, lines, smooth, gorgeous spins.:luv17:. And you realize the same thing can be said about your favorite skaters? Same____same problems :scratch2: fill in the blank.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Just watched SoYoun and Zijun's FS performances, I must say that SoYoun's FS performance get 51 PCS, which is lower than Zijun's FS 56 PCS is NOT right! I say this as a Chinese and a huge supporter of Team China and Zijun.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Ashley has several underrotations Medianeva had a fall . Mao's LP was not her best, but it was not a disaster as you are making it sound.

In any case I am happy Rika has a new fan.

Hope you are not for real. Once again, I watched Mao's protocols. Here we go: 2lz!, 1f, under-rotated toe loop and loop. That's a good skate worthy of high score? Because of axel? Okay..

Edit: Can anyone explain me how are 1f and 2lz not called invalid? They shouldn't have gotten any point, should they?:scratch2:

Last edited:

minze

Medalist
Hope you are not for real. Once again, I watched Mao's protocols. Here we go: 2lz!, 1f, under-rotated toe loop and loop. That's a good skate worthy of high score? Because of axel? Okay..

I hope you are not for real. She did not get a high score. Now days a 125 is not consider high. She lost the LP right. So because had some errors her PCS have to go down. Liza's PCS did not go to junior levels because of her sp at skate Canada. Why should Mao's. Again you keep ignoring the SP. 6 points clear of Rika.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Edit: Can anyone explain me how are 1f and 2lz not called invalid? They shouldn't have gotten any point, should they?:scratch2:

That's only in the SP that single and double jumps don't count :)

gotoschool

Medalist
Congratulations to Mao on the win, to Rika on the silver, and to Elena on the bronze. Despite the jumping issues, Mao's triple axel in the LP was one of the most beautiful triple axels I have seen along with the one she did in the World 2014 SP. I was impressed with Mao's skating skills, expression and step sequence. Compelling in capturing a sense of longing and sadness. I also thought Mao's tear dropped shaped Biellmann was better than in the Japan Open and she hit her spread eagle right at the top of the soprano's note in the step sequence.

I also like Rika Hongo's performance especially her jumps and footwork. She isn't that graceful but she is compelling and expressive and I was drawn in by her performance.

Last edited:

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Why is everyone so surprised? Mao typically doesn't "do well" until the second half of the season. Wonder if Pogostick is confused and thinking "But I got huge scores at Christmas Ornament?!"

Last edited:

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
Can I just say Zijun's dresses are both so beautiful? Especially her SP one.

Congrats on Mao for winning and for Rikka for having the most enjoyable performance in the LP!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Lena is such a pretty doll. Is she still wearing braces?

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Rika was super enjoyable to watch - I loved her performance.
Mao's was also beautiful to watch despite the technical hiccups.

nocturnalis

Medalist
seriously???? that 3A alone is worth everything! never mind that she has the best edges, maturity, carriage. If you think jumps alone can win you competitions, switch to gymnastics. :bang:

Her triple axel should be worth the base value + GOE + any points for skating skills/flow. She shouldn't get extra bonus points because she did a hard element.