2015 Europeans Gala | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2015 Europeans Gala

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Liza's dress needs better support around the bust, since she actually has a woman's body. I think she could do well with Alena Leonova's costume designer since Alena also has a woman's body.

Liza's either covered up in her Liz Taylor caftans or she's letting it all hang out. She's someone who could use a makeover in terms of her current costumes. She's a beautiful girl with great jumps and charisma, would love to see her in better costumes that accentuate her figure but don't distract either.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I'm surprised at the reactions to Liza's dress this time around. When she first brought it out at the GPF last year, most people thought it looked stunning and better than many of the other outfits she'd been wearing. :confused2:

CutieP

On the Ice
I'm surprised at the reactions to Liza's dress this time around. When she first brought it out at the GPF last year, most people thought it looked stunning and better than many of the other outfits she'd been wearing. :confused2:

I suppose it's a little bit too stunning, you know, H O T. Some people can't handle that. Like me.:eek:hwell:

It's not tasteless or anything..

Rissa

Record Breaker
Tuktamysheva'a gala dress has to go. way to revealing, but she was great.

Call me crazy, but I think it was supposed to be like that. What with the deliberate sexy act and all. I must say I really enjoyed that rare on-ice display of female sexuality. It's so unusual to see actually hot, not mock-hot, performance.

andromache

Record Breaker
I haven't watched the Euro gala performance of her exhibition yet, but just based on the dress/program from GPF...I don't see any problem with it. It's a beautiful dress, and it's much more flattering on her than her competition program dresses (although I can see why she doesn't wear this dress for competition, obviously.) I think her competition dresses hide the lines of her body and make her skating seem less elegant. I hope next year she chooses some middle ground between her current dresses and her gala dress for competition.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I haven't watched the Euro gala performance of her exhibition yet, but just based on the dress/program from GPF...I don't see any problem with it.

It's the same routine performed in almost an identical way with the same dress, so really nothing new at Euros other than a couple of the jumps.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Liza's dress needs better support around the bust, since she actually has a woman's body. I think she could do well with Alena Leonova's costume designer since Alena also has a woman's body.

Liza's either covered up in her Liz Taylor caftans or she's letting it all hang out. She's someone who could use a makeover in terms of her current costumes. She's a beautiful girl with great jumps and charisma, would love to see her in better costumes that accentuate her figure but don't distract either.

It is probably hard for Liza to find costumes that fit and flatter her. She has a woman's body, but she is still about the size of a child. She is very short with a small frame and petite bone structure, but she does have breasts and curves like a woman. I don't think most ladies clothing is designed to fit a 4'11' 90-lb athletic 18 year old with curves. My sister deals with the same issues, though she is smaller through the chest but bigger through the hips and butt. Liza probably has to get her clothes altered or buys a mixture of ladies, childrens, and juniors clothing. Anyone who follows her on instagram can see that she is really TINY!

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
She is very short with a small frame and petite bone structure...

I've made this observation at Russian Nationals 2015 when she was standing with the entire Gala group on the ice, Liza appeared to be the shortest person there, even shorter than Elena! :eek:

She was very short when I saw her in-person in Detroit back in 2013, but I imagine she has grown quite a bit since then.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I've made this observation at Russian Nationals 2015 when she was standing with the entire Gala group on the ice, Liza appeared to be the shortest person there, even shorter than Elena! :eek:

She was very short when I saw her in-person in Detroit back in 2013, but I imagine she has grown quite a bit since then.

She is definitely tiny, and probably has not grown that much since 2013. Radionova is visibly taller and Anna looks like amazon in comparison. And I think by normal people standards, Anna is probably only average height at most.
https://www.facebook.com/2785502925...1422826662./10153574014107538/?type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/isufigures...5007411190874/922656544425954/?type=1&theater

I think Tuk's body type probably gives her an advantage in terms of jumping. She is short, light, yet still muscular and powerful.

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
It is probably hard for Liza to find costumes that fit and flatter her. She has a woman's body, but she is still about the size of a child. She is very short with a small frame and petite bone structure, but she does have breasts and curves like a woman. I don't think most ladies clothing is designed to fit a 4'11' 90-lb athletic 18 year old with curves. My sister deals with the same issues, though she is smaller through the chest but bigger through the hips and butt. Liza probably has to get her clothes altered or buys a mixture of ladies, childrens, and juniors clothing. Anyone who follows her on instagram can see that she is really TINY!
While I sympathize with your sister, I don't think we can be certain Liza has the same problem. I'm around the same height as Liza, with a small frame but with enough curves to show through a skating dress (not that I've ever worn one :laugh:). I rarely have trouble buying clothes from regular stores--I just get the smallest sizes. It's never gotten to the point where I'd need to buy children's or junior's clothing. Obviously, I don't have anywhere near Liza's muscle or athleticism, but it's not like Liza's bulging with visible muscle. Maybe clothing is a problem for her, maybe not. Only Liza knows.

I personally think there are simply two things beyond anyone's control: One, Liza has a round face, and because the face is the first thing most of us notices, it doesn't make her look slim even though she is. Two, the camera adds pounds. I suspect that Liza will look just fine in person, while other girls would look too thin. But on screen, the opposite impression comes about.

I actually grew to love Liza's FS dress. I think it showcases her arms nicely and fits her program. If she'd worn something tight-fitting for Bolero, I don't think we'd even be commenting here; the two outfits just happened to be too similar and provoked speculation. I think her gala dress is just a "take that!" to anyone who says she isn't proud of her body. :biggrin: Not sure if it's what I would've picked for her, but I appreciate how she boldly went out there with, "Hey, I'm one of the few figure skaters with something to show, and I'm not afraid to show it." It's not like it's vulgar or anything.

Heh, Liza can't win. One day she's covering too much, the next she's covering too little. :laugh2:

thoakun

Final Flight
Liza's Ex is like a jump masterclass and she's so gorgeous beyond words:jaw: I wasn't aware that she has such beautiful arms.
I like the Helgesson' Ex. Always prefer purely entertaining numbers to softly romantic ballad ones.

Last edited: