2015 Europeans Pairs Short Program Jan 30 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2015 Europeans Pairs Short Program Jan 30

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Very reasonable choice of music, as they are not very fast. Nice lines, much more pleasant to watch than H/S.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Does anyone know off the top of their head the TES minimum for worlds from the SP?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
2nd Round of Ski Jumping in Slovakia has been cancelled, so I'm going to start playing catch-up on the pairs now.

Probably won't be caught up by the end of the competition (the resurfacing isn't quite long enough!) But at least I should be caught up before the Men (as no doubt Chris and Nicky will make reference to the Pairs during their commentary tonight!)

CaroLiza_fan

alebi

Medalist
I was really impressed with the quality of the lift, considering that Valentina is not a tiny girl and she never skated pairs before.
If they improve further, their pair elements will be super impressive, considering her height and long lines.

They also tried a more difficult exit, not something so expected from someone who has never done a lift.
It's clear they wanted to skate together because they have the potential, the technical bases to be remarkable pair, not just one of the field. The only problem is that they're not young, so there's not so much time to prove it and I think they won't get so many opportunities to get a medal in an international contest.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Great! I'm looking foward to see them at Worlds!

Basically, they did it before - at Golden Spin of Zagreb. They had min TES both for SP and FS so they will probably be at Worlds, along with DM/G.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
So did Caitlin YANKOWSKAS / Hamish GAMAN then... wonder if they will be sent over Fancy and Boyadji

If they met TES in FS, probably yes. But they have to do it, cause they don't have it yet. At Golden Spin (their SB) they earned 39 technical points and need 43.

QuadThrow

Medalist
If it is not be their first year and their first championship M/H´s score would be higher.

they really catched me.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
If it is not be their first year and their first championship M/H´s score would be higher.

Probably not. Still they have 2Tw, problems with throw jump and pretty weak step sequence. Their PCS are IMO just as they should be this time - about 6.8 and 7.0.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
2 questions about Vale&Ondra:
1)you guys said repeatedly that she's never done pairs skating before. But certainly she must have done some pairs skating as a kid before committing fully to singles? I'd imagine the "basic fear" of letting the guy lift you up his head with 1 hand, let alone the technical specifics of pairs (death spiral, throw jumps) had to be taught at an early age... Does anyone know for sure what her pairs story is?
2)Ondra: Is he able to do a 3Lz? I mean, their 3Ss were beautiful, but Vale's 3Lz is her best jump - maybe even more consistent than her 3T... I'd love to know what the status is on what 2nd triple they'll do... What was it in their previous comps?
oh, and 3) I LOVE THEM!! :)

alebi

Medalist

they really catched me.

yes, for me they're already a 60pts pair... I mean, no one can teach Vale how to sell a program :biggrin:

tulosai

Record Breaker
2)Ondra: Is he able to do a 3Lz? I mean, their 3Ss were beautiful, but Vale's 3Lz is her best jump - maybe even more consistent than her 3T... I'd love to know what the status is on what 2nd triple they'll do... What was it in their previous comps?
oh, and 3) I LOVE THEM!! :)

I don't think he is :/