2015 Rostelecom Cup Ladies SP | Page 39 | Golden Skate

2015 Rostelecom Cup Ladies SP

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Such an exciting competition...congrats to all the ladies!

And, Alaine, Alaine, Alaine!!! After the tears in the KnC at SA, to see such joy and to hear her say, "I am so happy". What a wonderful moment, I am thrilled for her!

Last edited:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Such a pity for Rika. Don't the crowd realize that she is the defending champion after all! Fully agree that she deserves better especially after yet another clean performance

Her FS is very audience-friendly so hopefully she'll receive a warmer reaction from the crowd!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm not a fan of Radionova, but she expresses her feelings pretty well. That has been one of her strength even during her junior period.

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Hey All, Who is that Man sitting next to Adelina in the Kiss N Cry? Why doesn't he look happy? That girl is a fire ball and I smile watching her from a world away. Pep up Mister!!

Does anyone know who is singing this song???? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fx6cJB3pDg

It was playing during the preview clip for the Rostelecom Cup. Thanks in advance. :thank:

Last edited:

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The LP where she throws herself on ice and is the very definition of OTT? Okay........

She didn't throw herself on the ice at JO, did she? In the earlier version of that program, she threw herself at the judges but she modified that ending for this season.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
seriously, how the hell did Rika get lower CH/PE/IN than 5-6 girls when she should have the highest there. Hello, judges. Her TES were dinged correctly. But PCS also took a huge hit for no reason.

karlowens2

On the Ice
Adilena - those wonky landings. good for her for staying up. But, shouldn't she get dinged in her GOE's? PCS - Things don't flow, they get yanked from place to place. Never understand why she get's more than 7s to lo 8s
Eugenia - One day I'm going to make a video comparing just the legs of someone like Kim or Mao and these young girls. The youngsers for all their talent don't have the strength to keep the legs consistently straight. They are often at slightly off angles. Of course, the bony knees don't help their line. It's not their fault, I know. But it does make a difference to the quality of the move. Why the high PCS so soon?

(I think a lot of this problem goes away if they raise seniors to 18 as Arturian said to TSL. Yes, skaters like Kwan would wait in the wings a couple of more years. But, othes like Lyp and Tara would probably never have run off with big medals and either dissapear or find themselves much further down once they come into their mature bodies. It wouldn't be a perfect solution but an improvved one)

chloepoco

Medalist
As per the programs we've seen today....
1) Elena R - is number 1... whoever writes anth to do with her sloppyness or posture is just blind and has nothing to do with the dance, music and what so ever....
2_ Alaine was really good, nowhere near in terms of Elena and Adelina performance, choreo and skating/dancing skills but overall good. Pretty much close to Evgenia... sophisticated. weird, but never a wow!!! This WOW is rarely to get though... as far as I remember it was T/M 2006, Yu-Na 2010, Mahler 2010, Shilndler's list 2014, Yuzu SP 2014... You RARELY GET THAT, RIGHT...
3) Adelina - mature. safe, not good enough, hopefully she'll come back (I doubt though)
4) Polina, Riko and so on - boring, ugly childish etc. NOT GRAND PRIX LEAGUE5) Medvedeva - I am in two minds... I don't want her to be next meaningless Miahara... but I don't feel her the way I feel Radionova... I get goosebumps from her. I never understood her PCS lower than TUK's.... which I agree is just arm flailing...

What's for Gracie's SP - it's good... she's got a ridiculous LP though. If evrth goes well, she's going to win this Worlds, do I care... no... provided she's good. I LOVE her jumps when she's on. I hate underrotations from Japanese and Canadian skaters and from Ashley though.

Good luck to the girls in the FP.

Rude much?

whatif

Medalist
Rika Hongo will awlays get lower PCS than any of her direct competitors in any given high level competition. For the rest of her life. There I said it.

She needs to nail TES to get that fighting chance. Too butch, too wild, too all over the place, too everything really.

matcha

Medalist
Aaaaw Rika, angel :(

The final group tomorrow should be amazing. I hope some wigs get snatched tbh!!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Guys, please do not resurrect the 2010 and 2014 Olympics in current competition threads. It is a highjack.

:eek:topic: :hijacked:
I had to clean up the thread, but I may have missed a post or two. If you see one, please report it?

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
Ok, let's assume she wins bronze here. We potentially have Gracie, Ashley, Evgenia, Radionova and Mao overtake her. Who would overtake her for 6th place? I only see Satoko. But she is facing Mao and Ashley in Japan (and she has so far a bronze with a pretty low score). Unless Satoko wins at least silver with a big score to win the tie breaker with Rika, Rika is in the final. Am I missing someone?

Like i said, we don't know what they will do with TEB skaters. So Liza could get in if they decide to duplicate previous results

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
Everyone here needs to find some.chill. every competition there will.be over and underscore but that's not in our co trol, so leave it as is.

randomfan

Record Breaker
I've just caught up with the videos, and it seems like everyone did really well!
Elena - My predictions are destroyed now (again). Elena proved me wrong and showed everyone that puberty is not affecting her. Both her TES and PCS were a bit too high but still it is a great showing from her and I hope she can skate just like that in the FS too!
Alaine - I only had access to the results page earlier, so I JUMPED OUT OF MY SEAT :jaw: when I saw Alaine's score. But when I saw the skate, I have to say, that was probably the best performance she ever gave. Very deserving of a PB and I did not expect her to beat both Evgenia and Adelina in Russia, but I'm very happy for her. If she delivers in the FS she might be on the podium!
Evgenia - Very nice to see her land the 3T later after she missed the combo. Again the score was too high, but after the massive inflation at SA, I'm not even surprised anymore. It's my first time watching Evgenia with only one tano in a program, and I actually liked it better. Her tanos make the program look messy but now I have a different perspective. :)
Adelina - I'm still not an Adelina fan, but now I do take back many of the harsh thoughts I had in the past. I'm sorry to Adelina and her fans. Anyways, the performance was not as good as the previous two outings, but for the most part, it was still enjoyable and I do think the program itself is very nice! :agree: The score seems pretty fair, though the PCS was a tiny bit higher than what I thought they'd give her.
Polina - I thought she deserved about a 63, but whatever. She got her spin credited! I hope this time Polina goes strong in the FS.
Rika - At first I was surprised by the score. But the 3T did seem UR when it wasn't in Finlandia or COC so I do get why it was lower. What I don't get was how the PCS was so low!

At this point, I don't even care about my predictions anymore. :mad::angry1: I've never even received a medal yet in any of the disciplines for this season. Regardless, I hope that everyone skates the way they want to tomorrow! And I think I'll be able to watch this time!

Layback11

Record Breaker
Congratulations to top 6! Ladies events at Rostelecom Cup haven't been this exciting for many years! :luv17:

Elena brought tears to my eyes - and I believe many people's eyes. It was something special considering the things she and her coach have been through recently. I hope she keeps this form up all season long. Her programs are not the best but when she sells them with this much emotion, I believe that she can even win big championships like Nationals or Euros. I mean programs are not special but Elena is :love:

Lena is out Queen-In-Training, unwilling to succumb to the power of growth spurts, determined to avenge her countrywomen fallen under its jump-ruining curse...

We love her and that is that. :) :luv17:

Lipea

Final Flight
Great job, girls!
In my opinon, Alaine's score should have been closer to Elena's (really, if not the reputation they should have been about the same).
Elena was very inspirational; I have no idea how the heck she manages to sell this program and to be not overpowered by the music. The girl is really good in pleasing home crowd :)
Alaine was great - fun, fast, great jumps, interesting spins. Hope she will do well in LP too!
Shame on Evgenia's fall. Otherwise, I think her PCS make sense. It is the fantastic quality of all her movements that distinguish her; esp. the first half was filled with these details, which are done incrediebly well and thoughtful.
Adelina is a little overscored, which is expected. Great program, beautiful interpretation, want to see her doing well with harder tech! She probably would do better if her coach was with her.
Rika and Polina as always - underappreciated. I just don't get why :eek:hwell:

Lipea

Final Flight
Such a pity for Rika. Don't the crowd realize that she is the defending champion after all! Fully agree that she deserves better especially after yet another clean performance

I think the main reason general audience does not like Rika is because she does not fit to the common standards of "prettiness". Yes, her posture is not good, but I found her very peculiar in a cool way. With all my respect to Satoko, I prefer Rika both technically and as an insteresting skater to watch.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Great job, girls!
In my opinon, Alaine's score should have been closer to Elena's (really, if not the reputation they should have been about the same).
Elena was very inspirational; I have no idea how the heck she manages to sell this program and to be not overpowered by the music. The girl is really good in pleasing home crowd :)
Alaine was great - fun, fast, great jumps, interesting spins. Hope she will do well in LP too!
Shame on Evgenia's fall. Otherwise, I think her PCS make sense. It is the fantastic quality of all her movements that distinguish her; esp. the first half was filled with these details, which are done incrediebly well and thoughtful.
Adelina is a little overscored, which is expected. Great program, beautiful interpretation, want to see her doing well with harder tech! She probably would do better if her coach was with her.
Rika and Polina as always - underappreciated. I just don't get why :eek:hwell:

I really need to see Polina skate live some time. People seem to love her but, I guess I'm in the "I don't get her" Club. OTOH, I completely get why Adelina scores so high. She may not have had best day from Tech stand point but, like Ashley Wagner, The girl can deliver a mood on the ice. I wish Leonova would call Adelina the next time she's searching music. I always love Sotnikova's programs.