2015 Rostelecom Cup Mens SP | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2015 Rostelecom Cup Mens SP

Interspectator

Record Breaker
It's not just Russian skaters getting the benefit here though.
Adam, Ross and Javi all got unusually high PCS.

-Though I thought Ross certainly deserved his for his pristine performance and good presentation.

TMC

Record Breaker
Where are all the 10s coming from for Javi this season? Yuzu has never gotten a single 10 for any of his programs (yes, not one 10 for Parisienne Walkways - which was essentially perfect at OWG- and not one 10 for Chopin).

Really??? Woah :eeking:

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
If Adam wants to be on the top of the world he has to land that quad..so keep trying!

I like Adam but it will take more than a quad lutz to put him on the top of the world. Keep trying in practice but until it is really solid, take it out of the short and go for clean.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Ross used to do 4S, but has been injured and not at top condition for a long time. I do not know whether he can land one now.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Where are all the 10s coming from for Javi this season? Yuzu has never gotten a single 10 for any of his programs (yes, not one 10 for Parisienne Walkways - which was essentially perfect at OWG- and not one 10 for Chopin).
The 10´s for Javi are coming for really fantastic interpretation or choreography. In my opinion this is the best sp of the season, that of Hanyu is rather close, though.

Last edited:

chairmanmao

Final Flight
I find Javi performance wise much better here that in China though I would lower his PCS average to 8.5 to 8.75 because of the lack of quad and errors in 2 of his jumping passes.

Best performance of the night would undeniably belong to Miner. When I was watching it I thought I was seeing a very good skate from Jeremy Abbott. Too bad about the PCS. I have an aversion of giving out 9's to quadless programs but for me this is one of those rare few I wouldn't mind seeing them.

I still adore Javier, he must have been shaken by Pitkeev, as he was by Jin.

His 3A shows he still has it in him, but he's got to FOCUS, and also challenge himself like Yuzuru.

He just seems more slackened, with watered down programs.

Yeah, I support Adam going for 4lz, his dream.

First I doubt Javi is bothered by an 87 SP score when he is main competitors routinely score over 95+ in the short. Second I am trying to think what a packed program looks like if this Flamenco program is watered down.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How is doing a quad related to PCS scores. That seems to me like you've created your own rules for scoring PCS.

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I find Javi performance wise much better here that in China though I would lower his PCS average to 8.5 to 8.75 because of the lack of quad and errors in 2 of his jumping passes.

Best performance of the night would undeniably belong to Miner. When I was watching it I thought I was seeing a very good skate from Jeremy Abbott. Too bad about the PCS. I have an aversion of giving out 9's to quadless programs but for me this is one of those rare few I wouldn't mind seeing them.

First I doubt Javi is bothered by an 87 SP score when he is main competitors routinely score over 95+ in the short. Second I am trying to think what a packed program looks like if this Flamenco program is watered down.

I thought Javi looked slower and less sharp in his movements here than in China, although his spins looked better.

Sydney Rose

Final Flight
The 10´s for Javi are coming for really fantastic interpretation or choreography. In my opinion this is the best sp of the season, that of Hanyu is rather close, though.

Yes. And so he's getting the high marks because his interpretation & choreography are so superior to everyone else at this particular event. It's all relative so I don't understand why we always have so much handwringing over PCS.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Oh CSG, Adian was under valued on PCS at Skate America in my opinion.

I thought his PCS at Skate America was fine for the SP. He doesn't have the speed or the deep edges of the other guys, and I don't find his SP particularly engaging. But even if he was undervalued, he shouldn't have been above 37, and shouldn't be scoring 8+ in any PCS category.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
How is doing a quad related to PCS scores. That seems to me like you've created your own rules for scoring PCS.

Well, a quad does affect the difficulty of the performance/execution. And a quad preceded by strong transitions/choreography should get a higher mark in those areas.

TMC

Record Breaker
Yes. And so he's getting the high marks because his interpretation & choreography are so superior to everyone else at this particular event. It's all relative so I don't understand why we always have so much handwringing over PCS.

:scratch2: So is the rule to give points based on a comparison between skaters at that particular event? I thought it was to give points based on what that particular skater did, regardless of others. I'm confused

georgia

On the Ice
I like Adam but it will take more than a quad lutz to put him on the top of the world. Keep trying in practice but until it is really solid, take it out of the short and go for clean.

In my opinion he has nothing to gain with a clean quad less performance. I am a fan who believes in quads. If you want to be comparative in skating, you must land them. If you don't try , you will never get it. It takes a very long time to get a good one.

andyjo24

Medalist
Agreed - but that's just 1/5 of the components?

I know that correlation does not necessarily equal causation, but skaters who do quads tend to receive higher PCS scores. Not sure exactly why, but I guess the general vibe judges get from the program tends to be greater when skaters do a quad.

So I do think having a quad does have an impact on PCS scores.

Last edited: