Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
well K/S can be in GPF even with lower than 1st score
Gonna console myself with that

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Breathtaking performance. They're in the league of their own here. Bravo.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
No. Kavugati and Smirnov have that from Mordovian Ornament. 76.06.

Thank you. They did scored the best score in the GP series, scoring more than the the world champions and vice-world champions and the current Olympic champions. This has to give them some confidence. I know comparison between different competition is not relevant and V/T probably would have scored 78-80 if skated in Russia, but still.
However, Ksenia's landing today was not ideal and if she lands it the same in the LP, I don't see her adding the 3T. The 3T-3T-2T combo is such a risk!

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Protocol time, could someone please explain why K/S death spiral was only level 1? It looked just as good as P/Z to me, but I am no expert in levels. Thank you!

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I feel like K/S are like stepchildren
History of underscoring is pretty sad throuout their career:(

Protocol time, could someone please explain why K/S death spiral was only level 1? It looked just as good as P/Z to me, but I am no expert in levels. Thank you!
TAT IS an expert & she was pretty mad about that & didnt know the reason either

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Excellent skate by Stolbova/Klimov! Glad they finally got it together.... but was that really worth a personal best in terms of PCS? :rolleye: #RostelecomInflation

QuadThrow

Medalist
Concerning to the protocols K/S lost it 1.80 points in the death Spiral.

I think judging was really fair. Components of S/K were well deserved.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Excellent skate by Stolbova/Klimov! Glad they finally got it together.... but was that really worth a personal best in terms of PCS? :rolleye: #RostelecomInflation

While I agree with you that the score looks suspicious, considering that they were underscored in Skate America in the LP and lost on a medal (IMO they deserved the bronze, the Canadiens silver), I really want them to win here so that they can go to the GPF

QuadThrow

Medalist
I feel like K/S are like stepchildren
History of underscoring is pretty sad throuout their career:(

TAT IS an expert & she was pretty mad about that & didnt know the reason either
At Euros 2010 they were highly overscored... but that is past.

I think her sporty skills seem to be a little low sometimes. She looses her body pressure and her grace in some movements.

But I really like their programs this year

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Awesome skate by S/K! and it's so good to see them skate that program exactly the way it's intended to be skated, as they intend to skate it. :) Such passion and power.

Still, the score inflation here was clear. IMO, Scimeca and Knierim definitely deserved the SA silver. And here, Kayne/O'Shea were lowballed pretty badly. Theirs was also an awesome skate, with only a bobble or two. I"ll look at the protocols of course; but IMO it seems the judges simply placed them where they thought K/O should be placed in the grand scheme of things ... not with how they skated today.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Awesome skate by S/K! and it's so good to see them skate that program exactly the way it's intended to be skated, as they intend to skate it. :) Such passion and power.

Still, the score inflation here was clear. IMO, Scimeca and Knierim definitely deserved the SA silver. And here, Kayne/O'Shea were lowballed pretty badly. Theirs was also an awesome skate, with only a bobble or two. I"ll look at the protocols of course; but IMO it seems the judges simply placed them where they thought K/O should be placed in the grand scheme of things ... not with how they skated today.

I'm not trying to be rude but did you watch K/OS's program? It was horribly sloppy I am sorry. I actually felt their score was generous.