2015 Russian Nationals Short Dance | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2015 Russian Nationals Short Dance

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Oh, please. Anna is a sweet pretty woman.

She's very, very pretty in my opinion :p

I wouldn't scratch S/K off yet, too. They are quite decent pair at this moment, with some potential, and we can like or dislike Zueva, but she's a good coach. Vika and Nika (almost like Pasha and Sasha :p) need some time but aren't utterly bad now. They seem to like each other, that's important :p Let's hope they will get better in a few seasons :)

chameleon

On the Ice
Indeed, I/Z are the exception. S/K are a very typical new couple with falls, tech problems, lack of togetherness, etc. I don't think there's been such a successful new couple since K/O.

S/K would be much better off changing coaches than changing partners. They need a development coach more than anything else.

elif

Medalist
Ilinykh/Zhiganshin's lift looks better. They finished before 6 seconds, their positions looks more stabile but Ruslan's free leg really needs work.

I'm still adjusting to see Ilinykh getting better and better after competitions like other dance couples. I'm fan of her after 2010 and If I sum up her season between 2010-2014 it is usually: bad september-december (Grand Prix/Nationals), good january/february (Europeans/Olympics) and bad march-may (Worlds) Actually making improvements after competitions still strange, I feel like she is spoiling me.:laugh:

Last edited:

DianaSelene

Medalist
Hey, guys. If you were not able to watch the competition live, ESPN3 put up the whole comp on the same website and it is about 7 hours long. It has men, opening ceremony, pairs, and ice dance. So go there if you want to rewatch or see it again. http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/2286991/size/condensed/

If the link does not work, just go on the same link where you were able to watch it live on ESPN3, click on 2015 Russian Figure Skating Championships. A window will pop up and after about a minute, it loads.
Never mind, golden411 already put up the link in the Videos thread.

Last edited:

Olympic

On the Ice
I'm late to the party, but where is Bobrova / Solovjev. They were aiming to debut at Nationals, weren't they? Perhaps their status has been mentioned before, but I didn't see any news on them. :confused:

gmyers

Record Breaker
Indeed, I/Z are the exception. S/K are a very typical new couple with falls, tech problems, lack of togetherness, etc. I don't think there's been such a successful new couple since K/O.

S/K would be much better off changing coaches than changing partners. They need a development coach more than anything else.

For this nationals s/k are the exception as I/z and z/g are doing great.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I'm late to the party, but where is Bobrova / Solovjev. They were aiming to debut at Nationals, weren't they? Perhaps their status has been mentioned before, but I didn't see any news on them. :confused:
His injury is still bothering them. They're hoping to debut at Europeans.

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
ILINYKH/ZHIGANSHIN

Let's see what the Technical Panel will do with it (I think Lena messed a step or two towards the end of the NtMiSt), but overall it was in class of its own here. From my angle even the lift looked less shaky than before. She rocks, it goes without saying.

I am a fairly new Icedance spectator. Please help me…what is NtMiSt?? :eek::

Alba

Record Breaker
Who is the coach on the right? The one by Ruslan. I noticed during CoR that she was smiling as big as I've ever seen anyone smile when they first started. That is what figure skating should be about!

One of their coach, Svetlana Alexeeva. Mother of Kustarova also. She always has this big smile that I love. :)

elif

Medalist
1 and 2

If tomorrow M/K moves one place, my predictions from May 2014 will be just right. :cool: Even part of ''4th russian team status with national bronze medal'' because Bobrova/Soloviev is not here.:laugh: :eek:

Alba

Record Breaker
1 and 2

If tomorrow M/K moves one place, my predictions from May 2014 will be just right. :cool: Even part of ''4th russian team status with national bronze medal'' because Bobrova/Soloviev is not here.:laugh: :eek:

OMG I had forgotten the "threatened by beauty" famous phrase. :laugh2: