2015 Skate Canada Pairs Short Program | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Canada Pairs Short Program

Art&Sport

Medalist
I like the music and the program that T/M have, but maybe for another pair. They need a softer program that will let them show off their beautiful lines, not something staccato and fast paced.

Ugh, but last year I was complaining that their programs were boring. I can't seem to make up my mind :frown:

Unfortunately, it's mostly that T/M themselves are bland and boring, no matter their on-ice lines, iconic names, and Russian lineage/ elegance.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Hmm, there may actually have been as many as 11 steps that had anything to do with Irish Step Dancing in T/M's program.

And why is he wearing that sash? He looks like Fred Flintstone shows up at the local St Paddy's Day Parade in search of green beer and bagels.

Just sayin'...

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Protocols are up!

D/R got a level 4 on the triple twist! Is this their first time getting a level four on the twist? :think:

They never gotten level 4 before because they never went for it.

They added steps before the twist here which takes it there, Nice job judges ;)

Layback11

Record Breaker
I actually really love T/M's program and music, except for the very end where they need to pick up the pace and crescendo. The final pose just kinda seems like a fizzle/pose, and oh, now we're done the program. You think back to Bourne/Kraatz and how you want to end the music off with an exciting bang.

I agree. It's a great program (maybe just because I'm a sucker for Irish-themed programs, but still...)

If you want to end with a bang, there's only one way to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o-m7WA0Ndc

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Well that was a snoozy program from D/R. And pretty much the rest of the field.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Ooh...burn...

A much-needed burn, unfortunately. :cry: This was a SPLATFEST-but congrats to Ashley, D/R, Dice, Alexander Petrov, and all the dancers who didn't splat. You made this event semi-bearable! #BrowniePoints

Agreed. This was SUCH a messy set of singles/pairs skates, but some great skates in there too from the ones you mentioned. I'd add Moore-Towers/Marinaro to that list too. :clap:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Well that was a snoozy program from D/R. And pretty much the rest of the field.

I disagree. They were the most energetic and engaging by far. They were however sloppy in a couple places and there's much room for improvement. But sorry to hear you found it snoozy -- maybe you should go to bed. :sarcasm:

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
These are fair components for D/R...if V/T get their usual 37-ish and S/H get 35-ish. Snoozy skate with a lot of "bamboozling". I was afraid the score was going to be higher. Pairs components are particularly low thus far this season...

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I disagree. They were the most energetic and engaging by far. They were however sloppy in a couple places and there's much room for improvement. But sorry to hear you found it snoozy -- maybe you should go to bed. :sarcasm:

I disagree. Oh well.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
These are fair components for D/R...if V/T get their usual 37-ish and S/H get 35-ish. Snoozy skate with a lot of "bamboozling". I was afraid the score was going to be higher. Pairs components are particularly low thus far this season...

Might be good to let people skate before handing them scores.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Might be good to let people skate before handing them scores.

Hence why I said "usual". Clean performances from these teams warrant the components gaps that I listed. But it's interesting to note that D/R at their best still only deserve the components they got here. Anything higher is...it doesn't make sense. Though they did look better here.