2015 Skate Canada Pairs Short Program | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Canada Pairs Short Program

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
These are fair components for D/R...if V/T get their usual 37-ish and S/H get 35-ish. Snoozy skate with a lot of "bamboozling". I was afraid the score was going to be higher. Pairs components are particularly low thus far this season...

And i assume if V\T get 37 -ish for components for their Bollywood SP you would be,
Of course, The first one here criticising it ? :cool:

Last edited:

robredo40

On the Ice
Sui han get lower PCS than D&R so i don`t know what you are talking about , plus D&R are at their best when they go against the top teams , Maxswagg i know you them but V&T SP this year is horrible.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Sui han get lower PCS than D&R so i don`t know what you are talking about , plus D&R are at their best when they go against the top teams , Maxswagg i know you them but V&T SP this year is horrible.

D\R can easily grab 35+ when this SP will completely fly

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty

D/R is even worse, with that wailing music! Their quality makes it even more excruciating! I had to force myself to watch the second time (the first time I only made it through 5 seconds). And 35+ for D/R? That's ridiculous... The primary feeling I get from them is LOW ENERGY. They're so low energy (though Stolbova and Klimov are even lower energy, if that's even possible...).

Last edited:

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
D/R is even worse, with that wailing music! Their quality makes it even more excruciating! I had to force myself to watch the second time (the first time I only made it through 5 seconds). And 35+ for D/R? That's ridiculous...

If it wasn't for your blind and slightly delusional hatred for D\R i think you and i would
kinda hit it off, For the most part :party2:

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
If it wasn't for your blind and slightly delusional hatred for D\R i think you and i would
kinda hit it off, For the most part :party2:

Well, I don't hate them. I don't even know them. I never say anything personal about them. :yes:

rain

Record Breaker
You kidding me. They are very respected commentators.
And if there is anyone in the skating world who respects skaters, it's Tracy Wilson.

I can't stand Rod Black but Tracy Wilson is, bar none, my favourite figure skating commentator in the world. Black was less objectionable here than he has been in the past.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
It's interesting to see that all the pairs except the two Russian ones are trained by the same coaching team:) M-T/M actually have made big improvement this year. They look good together now. Tran is such a good partner, it was a pity that he was deserted by the Japanese girl left cold for a couple of years. So happy for him to find a good partner. They look good together.

Go for FS everybody!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
These are fair components for D/R...if V/T get their usual 37-ish and S/H get 35-ish. Snoozy skate with a lot of "bamboozling". I was afraid the score was going to be higher. Pairs components are particularly low thus far this season...

Bamboozling?! How exactly did they cheat/deceive us? :unsure:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
D/R is even worse, with that wailing music! Their quality makes it even more excruciating! I had to force myself to watch the second time (the first time I only made it through 5 seconds). And 35+ for D/R? That's ridiculous... The primary feeling I get from them is LOW ENERGY. They're so low energy (though Stolbova and Klimov are even lower energy, if that's even possible...).

You probably shouldn't watch Moulin Rouge then... This wasn't wailing - wailing is like the end of Stolbova and Klimov's FS last year. Although I'll admit I never quite liked Ewan Mcgregor's voice.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

Hate to break it to you but V/T aren't getting 37ish anytime soon if they continue the way they've started the season so far...
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/csger2015/SEG005.HTM

Same goes for S/H...
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/gpusa2015/SEG005.HTM

Last edited by a moderator:

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Hate to break it to you but V/T aren't getting 37ish anytime soon if they continue the way they've started the season so far... http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/csger2015/SEG005.HTM

Same goes for S/H...
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/gpusa2015/SEG005.HTM

We'll see, but I doubt anyone will be getting that level of scoring. Of course, scores need to be adjusted accordingly when all three are skating in the same competition...

cptnhastings

On the Ice
How'd D/R get a 4 on that twist? I only watched once, but wasn't expecting that.

Anyway, I love Ewan McGregor's Your Song. So much better than Elton John. It made me love the movie. So I'm biased, but I loved loved loved D/R even more than I loved Sui/Han. I didn't like either of them in the past. What a wonderful year for ME. LOL.

I'll be 100% rooting against V/T who I hate and will never love. They have enough support without me, so it's okay if you disagree.

cptnhastings

On the Ice
Now that you made me look again, besides the twist, D/R look like they had an inside edge on the throw triple lutz. But they didn't call it. I don't know why. It looks really inside edge to me. Not even a straight-on. :/

I still really really love the program! It's so heartfelt and ebullient.

peg

Medalist
Finally got a chance to watch, and above all, I'm glad no one got hurt. After the meltdowns in ladies and mens, I was worried we might see a season-ending fall :slink:

The coaching change sure seems to be working for MT/M 2.0. And I enjoyed C/T as well. I like Marissa better with Mervin than I did with Simon. She looks happier too.