2016-17 GPF Pairs FS | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2016-17 GPF Pairs FS

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I thought T/M were really cute in the interview....ah..I wonder if S/M could've won this. Now we'll never know. But good for Robin, haha.

Sackie

Medalist
D/R are in trouble in 2018 i think. Yes they came back to win Worlds after not winning the GPF last season but the top teams like S/M, S/H and S/K were not even here and they still lost. Other teams have big elements too but much better quality of skating them D/R.
I kind of have to agree with you on this. I think they will work hard and make a come back but I think some damage has been done. It took them a while to gain the respect of the judges (mainly through their big tricks) and I feel that they may have lost some of that again when you look at the drop in their PCS. And not sure they have enough time between now and the Olympics to win it back. Plus they also have the fact that Olympic judging is quite different then judging at worlds.

HR4

On the Ice
D/R was overscored. Y/Z deserved to be second, imho. Happy for T/M, I think their sp is a masterpiece, but LP could be improved, as it is boring in parts.
Vladimir's English:slink: So bad that it makes it almost cute)

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Into the fray with ladies.

I'm taking the pairs warmth with me.

We all agree with the final placements, right? Seemed right to me.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
D/R was overscored. Y/Z deserved to be second, imho. Happy for T/M, I think their sp is a masterpiece, but LP could be improved, as it is boring in parts.
Vladimir's English:slink: So bad that it makes it almost cute)
um.. they are second, aren't they?

Yes, they were second. I'm confused about your post. Why are you saying it like it's questioned? No one has questioned it, have they? If so tell them they are wrong and give them your best "Non, Je regret rien. "

Last edited:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
That program is kind of a mess in so many ways, but some how I kind of like it??? And, no matter what, Evgenia hits beautiful positions in the lifts. So many other teams have lifts that look exactly the same (how many variations on star lifts can there possibly be?? everyone does them), but she has some unique positions and for that alone I love them. So glad they're doing the quad as well. It's not perfect, but if Duhamel's quads are rewarded, so should this split4twist. This team just has sooo much more potential than what they're giving us so far...

Yep. I also think so, since like 2 seasons already - that they have much more to show and great potential. There is substantial improvement in presentation this season no matter whether you dig their LP or not (I have mixed feeling towards it) aside from added quad twist. In the past they often seemed somehow invisible on the ice.

Last edited:

liv

Record Breaker
So glad T/M have won. They were the best of the night and my hope for the pairs future. Love them!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
The boyfriend Marine Biologist! Didn't we (I mean those of us that wanted a boyfriend, not a girlfriend) all want a dreamy marine biologist who swam with Dolphins when we were 14.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
So, what does that mean? Probably this: Sotskova will win Ladies and Uno will win the Men. And Shibutanis dance. Haha...that would be something.

Music was my first looooooveeeee
.....:dance:

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Oh it was actually Meagan who underrotated a 1T and got a 1T<<

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I hope to see fully recovered Savchenko/Massot, Sui/Han, Stolbova/Klimov, Scimeca/Knierim along with the medalists here at Worlds.

Anyway, congratulations to all medalists.

Last edited: