2016-17 JGPF Ladies FS | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2016-17 JGPF Ladies FS

shyne

Final Flight
Very sad that Rika missed the podium here (only by 2 pts too). She was injured a few weeks ago and finished poorly on the Japan Jr (not even qualify for Japan Sr)
Finish behind Kaori here means there's no chance for her to make it to the Jr World this year.

shyne

Final Flight
A very intense competition. I was sad to see Nugumanova fall, she had the most sublime costume and music. I hope we will continue to see her wonderful routines, she really is exquisite.

The Japanese to me do not focus enough on artistry, I was really underwhelmed and was disappointed that Honda wasn't here. Speaking of Honda, why couldn't they bring the reserve to Marseille to warm up? Seems like a wasted spot.

1. Marin dropped out last second.
2. Stanislava is the next alternate. She is already enrolled in a competition in China. It's a winter game between Chinese and Russian Youth. (You should check out the logo, it's a panda and polar bear skating together, absolutely adorable)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nastya's Romeo and Juliet is one of the few ladies free skates that I actually enjoy this season and although maybe a tad guarded today it did not disappoint me in the least. She's quickly becoming one of my favorite skaters. Her jumps were on today and her arms as delicate as ever. I'll be watching this program for years to come! So proud of her and that silver medal :yahoo:

acronycal0730

Rinkside
I'm so amazed by Nastya's FP, her presentation, skating skill and posture are, IMO, another level. Zagitova did very well, but can't touch Nastya in artistry. But congratulation to her deserved victory.

Nastya, next time please give us clean SP as well :luv17:

I'm a bit sad that Liza didn't show her best and Rika seems has no chance for WJC...but they have long career ahead, it is good experience :agree:

kimganos

On the Ice
Anyway, I just wanted to comment that Gubanova is a gift to figure skating. She's simply so beautiful and sublime, not enough words really. The only program in ladies (juniors and seniors) that I will re-watch today again and again. Zagitova is the winner, but Gubanova won my heart (and many other fans' as well, I believe)

I could not agree with you more! She is extraordinary!

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Zagitova's FS layout is absolutely ridiculous. So unbelievably difficult. Gets so many points.

Repeats Lutz and Flip but still has double jumps on everything and no 1Lo. Accomplished with a 3Lz-3Lo combo. Even had one 2Lo instead of a second 2T. And every single jump on the second half.

The only things I can think of that you could even change to make this more difficult would be to change the other 2T to another 2Lo and then the next step is already a triple axel. Needless to say, you don't see programs like this in juniors. And of course, no one in seniors does anything even close to this, either.

Regarding Gubanova - She's again improved upon the interpretation. So many of her movements are just perfect with the music. It's so much more mature than even many senior ladies.

Last edited:

iamchrislao

On the Ice
Gubanova is my favourite russian junior! Her style is just a breath of fresh air. Eteri students all look to be cut from the same cloth. their skating just don't make sense to me. Sorry. personal taste. Alina needs the points but with her tech ability (especially her 3lutz-3ritberger), she deserves better. I hope she goes to a north american core/coach whatever. For me, Zagitova>>>>>>extremely overrated Medvedeva. apart from consistency, there is nothing more to Medvedeva, not to mention she only rotates twice (toe loop in combos), plus she flutzes. Sorry. it is what it is.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Skating at the JGP final is definitely a great learning experience for Liza. Great to see her shining through till the end despite 2 falls at the very beginning of the FS. I will not write her off so early and so easily, and I do hope that the two Lizas from Mishin's group can finally make the 2017 Junior & Senior Worlds teams!