2016-17 JGPF Ladies FS | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2016-17 JGPF Ladies FS

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Higher PCS than Anastasia? Are you kidding me?

Gubanova seemed to rush through all her elements, felt a bit frantic to me. I think Zagitova had more complex/difficult content. Both skaters were rushed (it's juniors after all), but Zagitova's program felt more packed... she has a load of stamina!

chezzu

On the Ice
Nastya was beautiful today, I'm so happy for her ;_; Of course Zagi would win based on jumps but aghhh. Nastya was perfection.
Reminds me of baby Adelina. A little.

Zhenya is DIVINE

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Obviously the judges got the TES right, but the PCS I would rank:

1. Gubanova
2. Baby Liza
3. Zagitova
4. Rika
5. Kaori

But instead it's like PCS are just given out based on your TES. Why even bother with them at this point?

ICAM!! PCS are merely used as placeholders, and it is so frustrating! It's nice to see that Nastya was able to win Performance/Execution and Interpretation at least. And they tied on Transitions.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
These girls are out this world extremely technically good... personality will come with age... I’ve no idea who will make it into senior success :confused:

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
The medals for a interclass competition in my school look better than these

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Can't believe only 6 of us put Zagitova first in their predictions. Do you really think Eteri would not have prepared her girl to win it all? :laugh: Please...

andromache

Record Breaker
Gubanova seemed to rush through all her elements, felt a bit frantic to me. I think Zagitova had more complex/difficult content. Both skaters were rushed (it's juniors after all), but Zagitova's program felt more packed... she has a load of stamina!

I'd definitely give Zagitova the nod on transitions. But a more packed program doesn't always equal a better program (or better interpretation or skating skills). Gubanova's program might have a little less in there (but come on, it's not like she's Ashley Wagner out there) but each movement to have more significance/meaning/nuance to it, whereas Zagitova's program feels packed for the sake of being packed. More meaning to the movements = a more well-constructed program, IMO.

For me, it's a little like comparing an Anna program to an Elena program. Anna might be doing slightly less, but what she's doing is better than what Elena is.

Zhenya is DIVINE

On the Ice
Country
Russia
OMG watching Alina now. She did my favorite combo--3 Lutz 3 Loop!!!! Called underrotated, but still. Impressive!!

It cracks me up that she literally does all of her jumps in the 2nd half!! And by crack up, I mean shaking my damn head. That is overkill, even for Eteri! :noshake: :laugh:

Last edited:

noidont

Final Flight
I don't see what's there to complain about. Gubanova is great and everything, but Zagitova's program is a spectacle, something to behold with you mouth wide open. Gubanova should have gotten better PCS in the sp though. She only didn't because of the fall.

tinnychan

On the Ice
Good job for Alina and Gubanova:love:

But I would like to see the rule change to limit backloading and I think Gubanova deserve the highest PCS tonight...

Congrats to Kaori for medal in JGPF in her 4th season JGP:clapper:

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
are those medals made of cardboard?:shocked:
not having real flags for years now bringing paper medals, seriously let's move GPF to Barcelona again :palmf:
thanks god it is in Japan next year .

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I don't see what's there to complain about. Gubanova is great and everything, but Zagitova's program is a spectacle, something to behold with you mouth wide open. Gubanova should have gotten better PCS in the sp though. She only didn't because of the fall.

This I agree with! Gubanova was head & shoulders above everyone PCS-wise in the SP. All movements had meaning and her arms especially were slow & deliberate. She didn't feel as naturally fluid today for me, though.

shyne

Final Flight

Of course it felt more packed! all her jumps are in the second half :laugh2:

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
I am actually happy for those who did not advance to this GPF so that they don't have to keep this "medal" at home

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Can't believe only 6 of us put Zagitova first in their predictions. Do you really think Eteri would not have prepared her girl to win it all? :laugh: Please...

Wow, only 6??? I didn't play the juniors prediction game this season, but maybe I should've!

NaVi

Medalist
Did anyone cap the Eurosport coverage of this event? I hope it gets uploaded to youtube.