2016-17 Russian Qualifiers and other events | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016-17 Russian Qualifiers and other events

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Well I'm of two minds. She doesn't use any of the imagery she used to describe I/K in their junior days; namely kissed by God, to tears etc. etc. But she does have a song in her heart this time around. So either she's learnt restraint or its the same old TAT PR.

The juniors should show their SD today, so soon enough we'll have video.:popcorn:

We will not. Test skates for Juniors are always closed.

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
Very anxious to see how the junior test skates are going :hap93:

bramweld

Record Breaker
We will not. Test skates for Juniors are always closed.

Oh no. How strange of me to forget that. Well I can understand now why some seniors consider this their first competition of the season.

EDIT: Unofficial competition that is; no scores but feedback. But wouldn't it be better to keep both events closed or have both be open?

Last edited:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Oh no. How strange of me to forget that. Well I can understand now why some seniors consider this their first competition of the season.

EDIT: Unofficial competition that is; no scores but feedback. But wouldn't it be better to keep both events closed or have both be open?
Seniors have both closed and open test skates. It's their and their coache's choice whether to attend both or one of them and/or which one.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I thought the open test skates were mandatory for seniors in the team. At least last year there were no exceptions allowed except for injury.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
A small summary from Russian forums on Short Dance test skate:

- All together there were 3 groups.
1st group - main couples - Shpilevaya/Smirnov, Loboda/Drozd, Polishuk/Vakhnov, Shevchenko/Eremenko, Skoptsova/Aleshin
2nd group - Sokolova/Novozhilov, Lopareva/Korpushov, Ivanenko/Karpov, Ushakova/Nekrasov
3rd group - the rest

- 1st group had loads of positiive feedback
-Loboda/Drozd are the leaders in Juniors. Someone said TAT dedicated a whole training sessioon to them. Loboda, compared to other junior girls, looks like a woman. (TBH L/D could have gone Senior this season. That is so weird that all 3 teams who podiumed at Worlds are staying juniors... L/D could have gotten 2 events since Russia has not yet announced their TBD spot for Cup of Russia, and they are better than any of 2 teams who will most likely get that spot)
- TAT looves Shpilevaya and they impressed many people
- Shevchenko/Eremenko, Skoptsova/Aleshin were good, too
- Some person pointed out that Lopareva/Korpushev and Konkina/Jakushev were lovely

Waiting for some info about FD. I am a bit worried about S/S's, as they have Tarantella(if I remember correctly) and it can be hit or miss after seeing that most teams went lyrical/contemprorary route this season.

I, personally, really like all group 1 teams, which is weird, cause usually I like max 1-2 of Russian junior ice dance teams if any. Though, Skoptsova is very tall right now. my personal favourites are S/S...especially her.

Layback11

Record Breaker
A small summary from Russian forums on Short Dance test skate:

- All together there were 3 groups.
1st group - main couples - Shpilevaya/Smirnov, Loboda/Drozd, Polishuk/Vakhnov, Shevchenko/Eremenko, Skoptsova/Aleshin
2nd group - Sokolova/Novozhilov, Lopareva/Korpushov, Ivanenko/Karpov, Ushakova/Nekrasov
3rd group - the rest

- 1st group had loads of positiive feedback
-Loboda/Drozd are the leaders in Juniors. Someone said TAT dedicated a whole training sessioon to them. Loboda, compared to other junior girls, looks like a woman. (TBH L/D could have gone Senior this season. That is so weird that all 3 teams who podiumed at Worlds are staying juniors... L/D could have gotten 2 events since Russia has not yet announced their TBD spot for Cup of Russia, and they are better than any of 2 teams who will most likely get that spot)
- TAT looves Shpilevaya and they impressed many people
- Shevchenko/Eremenko, Skoptsova/Aleshin were good, too
- Some person pointed out that Lopareva/Korpushev and Konkina/Jakushev were lovely

Waiting for some info about FD. I am a bit worried about S/S's, as they have Tarantella(if I remember correctly) and it can be hit or miss after seeing that most teams went lyrical/contemprorary route this season.

I, personally, really like all group 1 teams, which is weird, cause usually I like max 1-2 of Russian junior ice dance teams if any. Though, Skoptsova is very tall right now. my personal favourites are S/S...especially her.

Get it, Shpirnov! :dance3: :dance2: :dance:

(Okay. I'll go hide under my rock now. :slink:)