2016 Finlandia Trophy Pairs FS | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Finlandia Trophy Pairs FS

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Karne the audience ADORED them, they got the biggest cheers even just in the warmup. They've been the talk of the event so far. Everybody really wants to see them here again in March :yes:

I'm a big fan. Like I said, they've got that It Factor in spades.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Is that the background music? It sounds like a program... :confused:

Edit: Wow, burn. Hongbo Zhao posted this in the YT chat: "I think in the usa there is no talented female in pairs category, that's the reason of the usa's failure in pairs."

I don' think that person is real Hongbo Zhao. Anyone can name their account as they want. Besides, YouTube is geoblocked in China.

Last edited:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don' think that person is real Hongbo Zhao. Anyone can name their account as they want. Besides, YouTube is geoblocked in China.

Oh my goodness, you are so right--I'd forgotten YT is blocked there. :palmf: Phew! I was thinking, how unprofessional!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Beatles are known for charging an arm and a leg (and probably most of the small intestine) to use their music. Greedy greedy greedy.

Gotta repeat myself, as fast as these pages go. It isn't "the Beatles" who are known for this. Yoko Ono controls a lot of stuff still. And somehow Michael Jackson ended up owning the copyrights to all Beatles music. Now his estate, but I'm not sure what the current deal is. I know Paul does not own the copyrights to his own music from those years.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Karne the audience ADORED them, they got the biggest cheers even just in the warmup. They've been the talk of the event so far. Everybody really wants to see them here again in March :yes:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! And they most likely will see them again - Katia and Harley got their worlds minimums here :yes2:

JustMe

On the Ice
I liked Kayne/O'Shea at Nationals last season, but this program does nothing for me, and even worse, for them. The only way these type of dated programs should make their way onto the international scene is through extremely powerful & fast skaters. Hope they rethink this program, or their approach to the elements. :scratch2:

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I hope Ashley and Timothy are invited to a GP event if there is any vacant slot in a near future because as you see, their development is so fast and getting better and better.

TMC

Record Breaker
I'm a big fan. Like I said, they've got that It Factor in spades.

To me, part of why they are so exciting is that their basics are so good. Now they can just add the frosting of style on that enormous cake of talent. They're like a pairs tabula rasa - I'm really looking forward to following their career as they develop their own style. I believe they can go very far.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hurry up stream, less interviewy, more skatey, it's 2:30am

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I liked Kayne/O'Shea at Nationals last season, but this program does nothing for me, and even worse, for them. The only way these type of dated programs should make their way onto the international scene is through extremely powerful & fast skaters. Hope they rethink this program, or they're approach to the elements. :scratch2:

Agreed. I think the program is a misfit for them with lyrical skating. The packaging is also not convincing.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tarah and Danny ... they've added so much to their choreography this season, both SP and LP. I'm sure that it's competition nerves. Almost none of their elements were done as well as last season. Hey, it takes awhile to integrate new moves and complexity into their performance. It's gonna get better.

Ashley and Tim have the advantage of having competed these programs 2 or 3 times already. I'm thrilled for them! They are really impressive to have been working together only 5 or 6 months. I love Tim's artistry, I noticed it when he competed with DeeDee too. I think he improved working on cruises for 2 years.

I really enjoyed the Aussies' skate. Katia has gorgeous posture and small nuances that make such a difference in a pair. Her gorgeous back, head attitudes, and lovely arm movements ... I esp. noticed all these things.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Sorry, I have to be that person... what stream is everyone watching? The YouTube one isn't working for me.:sad46: