2016 JGP St Gervais Ladies SP | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP St Gervais Ladies SP

bluelutz

On the Ice
So the top 6 are Zagitova, Sakamoto, Nitaya, Kim, Peltonen, Paganini.
These are really talented ladies!

The biggest surprise for me was Alina Zagitova.
I was looking forward to seeing Tarusina, but instead Zagitova was so impressive.
Also Peltonen & Paganini were very elegant skaters.

It is going to be a very exciting last group tomorrow!:yahoo:

Last edited:

NaVi

Medalist
Hmm.... Ye Lim received negative GOE for her 3Lo... two gave -2... is it because it's not out of steps since she pauses for a while? It does look like it could be slightly UR but not more than Rin's 3Lo.

Arteaz

Spectator
So the top 6 are Zagitova, Sakamoto, Nitaya, Kim, Peltonen, Paganini.
These are really talented ladies!

The biggest surprise for me was Alina Zagitova.
I was looking forward to seeing Tarusina, but instead Zagitova was so impressive.
Also Peltonen & Paganini was very elegant skater.

It is going to be a very exciting last group tomorrow!:yahoo:

If Tarusina didn't happen to be withdrawn, Paganini would be out. Though, she was really elegant and soft on the ice.

oleada

Record Breaker
Hmm.... Ye Lim received negative GOE for her 3Lo... two gave -2... is it because it's not out of steps since she pauses for a while? It does look like it could be slightly UR but not more than Rin's 3Lo.

I would say it's the steps since no preceding steps usually me as - GOE

shyne

Final Flight
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/jgpfra2016/jgpfra2016_JuniorLadies_SP_Scores.pdf

Protocols are out

They are so like last year were... No change

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/jgpfra2016/jgpfra2016_JuniorLadies_SP_Scores.pdf

Protocols are out

They are so like last year were... No change

Interesting~
Since there's no anonymous judging now, can we assume Judge 1 is the first judge introduced thus Judge 1 is from Japan, Judge 2 from Russia etc?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I ended up watching Alexia's SP and Veronika's SP at the same time as I was watching a video from one of my favorite YouTubers (Gosh darn, he's good at clickbait) but Alexia's 3Lz-3T (From what I saw on the protocol), was clean! NICEEEEEEEEE!

frida80

Record Breaker
My favs were Zagitova, Sakamoto, Nitaya and Paganini. Zagitova was such excellent start to the season. I think Rin was underscored. And Lexi held up well under pressure. She's worked hard to become more artist and graceful in her programs. All she needs is consistent jumps.

Plumededragon

Medalist
A pity for Ye Lim, but it was a nice program (though I really don't like the costume).
I had a hard time not to put my hands on my ears during "Je t'aime" program. At least I could mute Elena on TV last year when she skated to that awful song, but here live in the rink... Ergh.
Nice final 6! The FP tomorrow should be interesting indeed! Go Kaori, Rin and Ye Lim!

Arteaz

Spectator
A pity for Ye Lim, but it was a nice program (though I really don't like the costume).
I had a hard time not to put my hands on my ears during "Je t'aime" program. At least I could mute Elena on TV last year when she skated to that awful song, but here live in the rink... Ergh.
Nice final 6! The FP tomorrow should be interesting indeed! Go Kaori, Rin and Ye Lim!

Pff. Don't agree about music. Another thing, that after Elena's program last season it's impossible to do better with this music.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Zagitova was much more enjoyable to me than Polina Tsurkskaya. I hope she is just as strong in the FS. There's just something interesting about a skater who doesn't simply drift delicately the whole time or doesn't plow thru everything like a freight train. I love the balance of attack and thoughtful skating skills she brought and those jumps were just :love:

Last edited:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Zagitova was much better than expected. I saw her several times during last season but I didn't expect her to be this good. Her tanos also were good in my opinion and her jumps looked very pretty. She also had a somewhat proper 2A that she didn't stalk and she didn't seem to require massive mental preparation before each jump, either.

I was very very impressed by her and especially if she keeps this up in FS, I'll have to make some alterations to my list of predicted top Russian skaters for this season.

hanca

Record Breaker
I also prefer Zagitova to Tsurskaya. Maybe it is because of the expectations. Tsurskaya has always been the best from her age group and we waited for her JGP debut for a few years, and then when it came, I thought she was more slow and careful than I expected. Nice jumps but it wasn't quite doing it for me. Towards the end of the season I appreciated her much more, especially her consistency, but I don't think my heart is attached. I am missing something from her and I am not sure what. With Zagitova I had no expectations so it wasn't that hard to exceed my expectations, but I am also getting from her skating much more than from Tsurskaya.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just watched Kim Ye Lim and Alexia Paganini during the first resurfacing in the Men's SP.

Two really beautiful skates! Pausing the stream was worth it just to see them.

Just Sheveleva left to watch during the next resurfacing. And that'll be me caught up.

CaroLiza_fan

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Zagitova was way above the rest of the field for me in SP. She connected to the music, she was fast with good edges, her jumps are elegant. A new star is born...but. But she is too Eteri. I know my comparison is far-fetched but I don't have a better one: the end of Terminator 2. When T 1000 melts he shows everyone. In Zagitova's skating I saw Lipnitskaya, Sakhanovich, Medvedeva, and Tsurskaya - all of them. Her only own trick at this point is Rippon jumps instead of tanos. May be that's why I remained somewhat cold. Still not as cold as to Polina whom I admire for her jumps and power but whom I could not accept as a whole package because I could not emotionally connect to her skating. I still remember Sima's Sweet and tender beast in Slovenia - that was fabulous skating!

Well, we'll see how it goes.

I hope Tarusina is given a chance although I am not sure. As for the others. The Japanese youngsters were quite good but my problem with them - they all skate the same (but Marin). For example, Yuna S. skated very similar last season.

People expected a lot from Ye Lim Kim. Sorry guys, so far I have not seen much. Namely, I saw a girl who wants to skate like Liz Tursunbaeva. It's a wise trick to backload. The key question, though, is what you are going to do in the first half. I think that both Evgeniya and Alina did their job nicely - their SS were very packed and inventive (although similar). But Ye Lim's first half is just empty.

Well, let's see what happens in FP. If Alina is clean she will win it with monstrous score. Then I will start thinking that may be Vaytsekhovskaya was right - Eteri has a factory to produce one young super star per year with a short expected life span....

Mao88

Record Breaker
Awful news about the bus crash which brought about the withdrawal of Anzelika Klujeva and Anna Tarusina. Hope both of them are ok and get well soon.

Fsrussia.ru News Article. Google translate reads:-

Figure skater Anna Tarusina not be able to perform the first stage of the Junior Grand Prix in France for reasons of force majeure.

On the way to the rink shuttle bus with the athletes and coaches involved in an accident. Currently Tarusina Anna and her coach, Sergei Davydov, as well as other coaches and athletes are in the hospital. Their lives are not in danger. All the victims medical assistance.

Together with Russian sportsmen in the bus was a Latvian athlete Angelica Klyuyev, who also did not come out at the start. Her life is not in danger, too.

Last edited: