2016 JGP St Gervais Ladies SP | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP St Gervais Ladies SP

frida80

Record Breaker
This costume...I don't want to be mean, but it looks homemade :slink: Or like a first-week Project Runway outfit that gets the designer "auf'd".

Maria's outfits were obviously homemade last year. It's not a big deal at this level. It's all about the skating.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I actually liked her [Zeynep's] outfit. A lot. These black tights though for Pauline I don't think are the most flattering look.

Edited to clarify.

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I think the costume is like a mixture of Gracie and Meite's past costumes. I don't dislike it although my stream is a bit low to discern the quality in detail.

Anyway, I like Pauline's deep and long edges.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Maria's outfits were obviously homemade last year. It's not a big deal at this level. It's all about the skating.

It would have been ok if it fit her properly. It's very distracting and surely the judges notice these things, too.

frida80

Record Breaker
It would have been ok if it fit her properly. It's very distracting and surely the judges notice these things, too.

I doubt it. It's juniors. At seniors there would've been an issue. The fit is bad, but she's growing so they'll cut her some slack. Besides it's notice she's a medal contender.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I feel the average height of the participants so far seems taller than usual.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I doubt it. It's juniors. At seniors there would've been an issue. The fit is bad, but she's growing so they'll cut her some slack. Besides it's notice she's a medal contender.

Okay, help me out here--I'm looking at Charlotte, Zeynep, and Pauline's outfits since they're the last three; who is this Maria I'm missing? And whose dress doesn't fit right?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
This costume...I don't want to be mean, but it looks homemade :slink: Or like a first-week Project Runway outfit that gets the designer "auf'd".

Pauline Wanner's?

If so, I don't like it. Not because it looks homemade or anything, but because it clearly doesn't fit her!

Last year, I was criticising Maria Sotskova's dress for looking like her bra was sticking up above her dress. It wasn't - it was a sparkly part of the dress rather than a sparkly bra.

Here, Pauline's bra WAS sticking up above her dress. That is a big no-no with a sweetheart dress.

It almost looked as if the dress was too small and wouldn't fit over her boobs. :eek:

CaroLiza_fan

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pauline Wanner's?

If so, I don't like it. Not because it looks homemade or anything, but because it clearly doesn't fit her!

Last year, I was criticising Maria Sotskova's dress for looking like her bra was sticking up above her dress. It wasn't - it was a sparkly part of the dress rather than a sparkly bra.

Here, Pauline's bra WAS sticking up above her dress. That is a big no-no with a sweetheart dress.

It almost looked as if the dress was too small and wouldn't fit over her boobs. :eek:

CaroLiza_fan

Thanks for clarifying! I see what people mean now. Hopefully her team can rework the dress for the rest of the season without too much problem.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, Emmi reminds me so much of Gracie.

Edit: Nice job! New PB by 7ish points.

Last edited:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
I missed half of Emmi because I saw a school bus and thought my younger sister was on it. :slink:

I liked the half I saw of her, though.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Emmi's jumps are huge! Sorry about the loop. I enjoyed her skating a lot.

TMC

Record Breaker
Emmi's choreo was fab fab fab. Shame she has the Finnish Popping Genes