2016 Rio: Women's Artistic Gymnastics | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2016 Rio: Women's Artistic Gymnastics

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Aww, so pleased Amy got the bronze! The day after she gets back from Rio, she is getting her GCSE results, bless her. She was overcome.

thoakun

Final Flight
I've just realized that we probably have the oldest medallists in gymnastics at this Games: Giulia (22), Beefarm (21), Aliya (again, 22), Sanne (24), Ali (22). There's definitely a paradigm shift in WAG now.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've just realized that we probably have the oldest medallists in gymnastics at this Games: Giulia (22), Beefarm (21), Aliya (again, 22), Sanne (24), Ali (22). There's definitely a paradigm shift in WAG now.

That is interesting, and I hadn't realized it. There is all sorts of internet talk about Biles returning for Tokyo. She would be 23 if she did.

Just my guess, but I don't think she will, unless she wants to tie the few women who have won all-around twice. Nadia says she must do this to be the best of all time.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
That is interesting, and I hadn't realized it. There is all sorts of internet talk about Biles returning for Tokyo. She would be 23 if she did.

Just my guess, but I don't think she will, unless she wants to tie the few women who have won all-around twice. Nadia says she must do this to be the best of all time.

If she will be able to keep good disposition and be injury free why wouldn't she compete in Tokyo? I think she has shown that she is a fighter, I actually expect her to at least try to qualify to Tokyo.

Reynnou

On the Ice

In the 50's, 60's and 70's most of the gymnast competing at international level were in their 20s/30s. For example the olympic champions in 1964 were Larisa Latynina (30), Polina Astakhova (28) and Vera Caslavska (22).

It started to change in the the 70s as difficulty increased.

thoakun

Final Flight
And with the artisti gym events wrapping up, gymternet is officially entering the void until World next year.:bed:

QMATTERS

Rinkside
I didn't get to watch, but it sounds like final was inSANNEty! :biggrin: congrats to Sanne and Laurie. Can't wait to watch it.

I have got to say both Sanne and Laurie were solid artistic beamers in the final. I prefer Laurie's routine because it flowed impeccably. She has never competed in a major world competition as a first-year senior.

BTW, she will be competing on Dancing With the Stars with Val beginning on September 12th.