2016 Rio: Women's Artistic Gymnastics | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2016 Rio: Women's Artistic Gymnastics

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I am happy Mustafina won. Her routine on UB is fabulous. All the transitions are so smooth, and she looks very confident. Madison is also good, but I really hope she does the rest of the of the apparatus (beam, vault, floor). She is my favourite American gymnast, as she looks much like a normal gymnast (not as muscular as Simone, or Reisman)

thoakun

Final Flight
Very happy to wake up to the news that Musty won. She has the rare ability to bring it on when it counts. She capitalized on most of her opportunities and the only theoretical medal she missed is beam. She is the face of gymnastics for me, but literally and figuratively.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Giulia Steingruber getting bronze on the vault :love: :yahoo:

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
havent got nerves to watch live but I watched on repeat & yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy my queen Alya !

:yahoo:
crying tears of happyness She's so royalllllll:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry::cool::cool:
Tears of sadness b/c Im super sad she retires:sad21::sad21::sad21:

Last edited:

Imagine

Medalist
Wow....gymnastics makes the competition level in FS seem miniscule by comparison...but I think I won't be following it closely after the games. Too much drama and stress IMO, and FS is more asthetically pleasing. Once every four years is enough. :noshake:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
havent got nerves to watch live but I watched on repeat & yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy my queen Alya !

:yahoo:
crying tears of happyness She's so royalllllll:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry::cool::cool:
Tears of sadness b/c Im super sad she retires:sad21::sad21::sad21:

She deserves to retire. I want her to rest, be healthy and be free from the Russian gyms!
#freetheQueen

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
So even Simone makes mistakes. Her routine was impressive, but she almost looks robotic to me.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
The Dutch routine :love:

Edit: 15.466! So happy for Sane Wavers!

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Cathlen, I can't watch right now, so I'm appreciating your updates!

No probs. Catalina Ponor made mistakes too. Dutch still leading.

Lauren Hernandez clean. Less impressive elements than Simone, but I liked her way of moving more. Should lead.

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Romania was gymnastics for me when I used to watch. Ponor the only one here, 14.000

Sanne Wevers, the six minutes older twin, can win gold. What will Hernandez get?

She got 15.333 so Netherlands still in top :)

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Lauren in second! Sanne Wevers still leads! :hap10:

Eit: Did Lauren Hernandez requested to review notes?

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Hernadez protests... rejected.

Marine Boyer was great… but? 14.600

Now Flavia BRA

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Does Americans believe they're always the best? :disapp: I wonder what was the reason for protest....

EDIT: So Dutch wins! :cheer: Second Lauren, third Simone. To many mistakes from other competitors.

Last edited:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Sanne! :love: :cheer: :luv17:

(I also was watching the live-scoring page for this one. So Sanne and Laurie were good, and everyone else was meh?)

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
This is a big surprise for me I didn't expect gold for Netherlands! But very well deserved :thumbsup:
(Little disappointed that Catalina has no medal, though...)