karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Deniss Vasiljevs LAT
Voodoo Child
hehehe we get a closeup of Lambiel beforehand
Odd grey blocky shirt oh it has a dark back?

electric guitar
3A splat
3LZ-3T
CCoSp
some jump that IN jerked on that landed on two feet, possibly <
StSq
CCSp
werid guitar
FSSp

For a program with that much rockin' electric guitar it was a little dull. First fall of the night
the camera loves Lambiel

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love Deniss, and I love the way the program starts, but the music and performance peters out at the end. so it's too anticlimactic.

Interesting, because I actually thought the opposite--the music gets all quiet right as he's doing something interesting and shows him off nicely.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Oh Deniss. I like the music very much, and as always superb spins!

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
:laugh: TBF, we ain't much better in the US.

Da. And Canada for that matter. ;)

Being a half-Russian who was NOT born or raised in the US though, it's funny to post these things especially considering how often I get PMs accusing me of hating Russia.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Hmmm.. the program is not my cup of tea, but his steps are so amazing.

Matilda

Medalist
Watching Steph on the boards will be my new favorite thing about this GP :p

Last edited:

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
The final spin is awesome, you know he is a student of Lambiel just by looking at that

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Grishin was wondering who the crowd claps for more, Deniss or Lambiel.

TAT thinks it's interesting with Lambiel. That you can see him in the program during the spin, she said earlier and now that just because he could do it, doesn't mean he can teach it (so they'll see in the future I guess). Also talked about the missing quad and axel that isn't working (they joked about this earlier when it happened, in re to Lambiel).

Lota

Record Breaker
But I guess why not just choreograph another new program? As I said I like the program, but I think I don't see the freshness lasting a season.

:shrug: No time? Money? I don't know, maybe they're focusing more on the Olympic season and letting this one go a bit? For the record I agree with you, I'd also like to see a different program from him.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Hay Stephane. Call me girl.

Also Deniss looks soooo much less like a 9 year old without that bowl cut. 3A troubles like his mentor too. He's essentially on track to be an artist.