2016 Rostelecom Cup - Pairs SP | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup - Pairs SP

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Very nice GOEs here for the Russians. Skate Canada had a very conservatively judged pairs event.

Well no, look at the protocols GOEs for S/M are higher than anyone else, but they made 2 costly mistakes and that's why they are in second.

It's not that much of a problem though, the margin between the two pairs is almost nothing, they can win this easily with a good FS.

Skate Canada was rough for the Men and the Ladies, up to now this is the first GP event where i'm okay with the scores.

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
I am shocked about S/M´s falls. They miss so much.

Twist only level 2
Double Fall
Doublefooted on the Axel
only level B and negativ GOE on the lift
level 3 on the DS.

I think they lost around 11 point only technical. There is a lot of work to do.

The first class pairs fell today and the second calss pairs made the day.

The 3A was single footed with step out.

They mostly get level 2, sometimes level 3 on their twist. Never so far, level 4 – Always good GOE, though

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Good competition and fair scores! But empty sittings make me feel myself empty. What a bad logistic in Russia. And all this empty seats have sheets with "Guest", "Press", "Participant" etc. Ugh. :disapp:

whatif

Medalist
PCS of all top 4 not named S/M were almost identical. TES what made the placement. And S/M beat everyone by a whopping 3.5 points in PCS.

What homecooking?????

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Will Aliona and Bruno go for a quad twist in the free? and the throw3A again?

Also was the throw3A a little too huge here in the short? The impact on the landing looked pretty hard

Last edited:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Good competition and fair scores! But empty sittings make me feel myself empty. What a bad logistic in Russia. And all this empty seats have sheets with "Guest", "Press", "Participant" etc. Ugh. :disapp:

True also am i the only one who preferred the Luzhniki palace instead of this?

TGee

Record Breaker
On the protocols..

Just noted that Camille Ruest and Drew Wolfe were the only pair to get no negative GOEs across the board...

So again here's the thought, when the upper ranks have a rough skate, delivering clean but lower BV programs creates opportunities for the newer teams to rise...

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
no tech expert obv but still don't see anything positive about SMs lift for such positive goe...

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
Will Aliona and Bruno go for a quad twist in the free? and the throw3A again?

Also was the throw3A a little too huge here in the short? The impact on the landing looked pretty hard

They said in an interview with a German sport's site, they're planning 3ATh in SP and FS. We'll see tomorrow. IMO it'd be better to ditch the 3Ath and skate clean.

QuadThrow

Medalist
The 3A was single footed with step out.

They mostly get level 2, sometimes level 3 on their twist. Never so far, level 4 – Always good GOE, though

Yeah, you are right with the Axel. I believe they worked really hard on the this element. Looked quite controled even with this increadible height and distance and after a big fall.

andromache

Record Breaker
Half-watching performances at work. What a shocking (pleasantly) SP result! Looking at the protocols, lots of these pairs need to be hitting their levels. With how stunning it is, why aren't Aliona and Bruno doing a level 4? Missed levels on spins, steps, lifts, death spirals....all over the place for all of these teams. I expect a level 2 twist from Valentina and Ondrej but not some of these other pairs.

IMO, these types of mistakes will separate them from D/R and Sui/Han, and probably Stolbova/Klimov and Yu/Zhang as well.

Then again, Seguin/Bilodeau were hitting their levels much better at SA.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Javier didn't fall on his 3a, and he had TWO quads in his SP to Chan's one.

Wow chuckie, you've outdone yourself in being unable to read. Now you can't even read protocols. Since when did a 3S start looking like a 4S to you? Need I link the protocol to you? Here it is: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/gprus2016/gprus2016_Men_SP_Scores.pdf

If you think a fall is the only reason one should get lower PCS then I am just feeling sorry for you. Because Savchenko/Massot had the highest PCS of the pairs event, despite both having fallen on the SBS jumps. Or does it not matter because they're not Canadian?

Well no, look at the protocols GOEs for S/M are higher than anyone else, but they made 2 costly mistakes and that's why they are in second.

It's not that much of a problem though, the margin between the two pairs is almost nothing, they can win this easily with a good FS.

Skate Canada was rough for the Men and the Ladies, up to now this is the first GP event where i'm okay with the scores.

I'll hand it to Z/E for being clean. Of course, if S/M are clean I agree they'll win the FS. Very small difference. Those are nice PCS though. I compare these scores to Yu/Zhang last week and it does feel like if they were here they'd be ahead.

QuadThrow

Medalist
They said in an interview with a German sport's site, they're planning 3ATh in SP and FS. We'll see tomorrow. IMO it'd be better to ditch the 3Ath and skate clean.

They will never ditch the Axel. That is the element they really want to practice here. I looks like it does not matter if they they do a 2ATh, 3FTh oder 3ATh. There are the same problems. And IMO they canceled the 3FTh totally.

And the biggest risk seems to be the 3S+3S+SEQ.