2016 Skate America Pairs FS | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate America Pairs FS

andromache

Record Breaker
Is Ingo still coaching? I thought Robin was working with him. Did I miss something important? Robin is a really attractive man. So many attractive men in figure skating these days. It wasn't always so.

According to Wikipedia Ingo is with D/F...didn't look that way in the K&C though.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I don't really know how the russian fed works. Would they withdraw financial support if they didn't like the choices a skater made?

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
who do you think is the hottest? I think for me because I really like tall men it might be Morgan (even if he was a bit of a jerk tonight) Andrew Poje is also attractive. Cizeron is very handsome but he's almost too good looking for my tastes.

That is an interesting off topic. I think you can set up a new thread for the subject. :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
nikolaj sorensen and poje ... i haven't seen poje in person though.. i have seen sorensen, morgan and guillaume in person. Guillaume is very beautiful , morgan is sexy but too macho for me, so sorensen is just perfect in between ;)
who do you think is the hottest? I think for me because I really like tall men it might be Morgan (even if he was a bit of a jerk tonight) Andrew Poje is also attractive. Cizeron is very handsome but he's almost too good looking for my tastes.

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
The IN commentators didn't think T/M should do the quad twist because they didn't need it. I think that threw off the whole program. She clearly didn't expect that element to go so badly.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Sorry. No objectifying men from me.

*whispers* I think nikolaj is also very attractive.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
nikolaj sorensen and poje ... i haven't seen poke in person though.. i have seen sorensen, morgan and guillaume in person. Guillaume is very beautiful , morgan is sexy but too macho for me, so sorensen is just perfect in between ;)

Back off you, Poje is all mine! :laugh:

skatemouse

On the Ice
The IN commentators didn't think T/M should do the quad twist because they didn't need it. I think that threw off the whole program. She clearly didn't expect that element to go so badly.

Makes me appreciate Alexa and Chris putting this element out at Nats with a clean catch and how amazing that moment was. Don't take it for granted anymore!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
this shows you how strong Duhamel and Radford are... because not only they do try huge elements but usually, 1) they do well with them but 2) if they don't , they manage to keep on track with the program. (not counting Finlandia which was off for them) .... but people should realize that the pairs doing harder tricks are taking HUGE risks.... Vanessa was probably rattled for the whole program after the fall on the 4S throw as well... cost them a medal here...

skatemouse

On the Ice
this shows you how strong duhamel and radford are... Because not only they do try huge elements but usually, 1) they do well with them but 2) if they don't , they manage to keep on track with the program. (not counting finlandia which was off for them) .... But people should realize that the pairs doing harder tricks are taking huge risks.... Vanessa was probably rattled for the whole program after the fall on the 4s throw as well... Cost them a medal here...

#truth

andromache

Record Breaker
The Russian fed. only makes suggestions, they don't force skaters to do certain things although they try to convince them as much as they can. So I assume this bland AC stuff is what T/M like and since their not #1/#2 important team the fed. accepts what their presented with during the test skate.

Its upsetting because they have a great natural style but their team clearly can't package them correctly. They appear clueless in all aspects. Totmianina and Marinin were never outwardly expressive but their programs great because their team packaged them to their strengths and highlighted them. That's who T/M should take inspiration from.

Yulia wanted to change coaches early last season and while the fed. convinced her to stay with Eteri for a while longer she finally took her own steps and finally moved to Urmanov by nationals. The fed. didn't force her to stay with Eteri. So with T/M I can't blame the fed. anymore. I blame them for not taking a stand for their own careers and taking action unless as I mentioned before they really are satisfied with this AC stuff in which case I morn their career because they will never have the big breakthrough. (I'm actually very bitter and irrational at the moment :slink:)

I also think it could be the case that a skater or team is being supported by and spoken to their coaching team in such a way that they might not know that their best opportunities might be elsewhere, particularly if they have been with their current coaching team for a long time. (FYI, Evgenia and Vladimir were put together by Mozer in 2012.) If a skater or team is being limited by a coaching situation, I think the federation can and should step in, especially if the skater or team is primarily funded via the federation.

I think that is what should happen for T/M now. :cry:

Here is the opportunity for them to become Russian number 1 and it's blown, not only through their own mistakes, but because of their programs, IMO.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Grinkov and Gordeeva used to do the quad twist apparently but felt they weren't being rewarded for it so they went back to the triple.

Daniel1998

Final Flight
nikolaj sorensen and poje ... i haven't seen poke in person though.. i have seen sorensen, morgan and guillaume in person. Guillaume is very beautiful , morgan is sexy but too macho for me, so sorensen is just perfect in between ;)

Forgive me for asking... Are you female? I've imagined you as a man 4ever, maybe since your profile pictures are always of one man. :rofl2:

skatemouse

On the Ice
Grinkov and Gordeeva used to do the quad twist apparently but felt they weren't being rewarded for it so they went back to the triple.

You are right and NOW they are not given enough points for it either. Men and ladies doing a quad gets WAyyyyyy more so it is not worth it. Lv 4 Triple twist is where it is at!