2016 US Intl FS Classic Ladies FP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2016 US Intl FS Classic Ladies FP

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Just looked at Choi's PCS... and she has a 2.75 point margin between highest and lowest individual PCS mark given. And the same person gave them both. (Judge 5) :shocked:

(I might actually run a quick analysis of her.)

Last edited:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Looking at the protocols, I am heartbroken for Elizabet and over the moon for Karen. :drama:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
aw, Satoko's dress and hair accessory is so Goddess looking!
the choreo of Satoko's is quite stylish and thematic according to different Gods. is is based on certain dance to this music.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
How To Watch Skating In The Shower
1. Wait for a warm-up.
2. Set computer on bathroom counter in case your shower is longer than the warm-up.
3. Adjust volume so the people you live with won't wonder what you're doing in there.
4. Enjoy skating while also enjoying a nice shower!

Or just wait for a resurfacing and avoid all of that. :slink:

So I actually have a showerhead that is a Bluetooth speaker! http://www.us.kohler.com/us/Moxie-Showerhead-Wireless-Speaker/article/CNT120100003.htm
I've been enjoying listening to music and my podcasts during my showers. Now you have given me a new use for it lol. If I can't watch the skating, at least I have music to listen to and I can hear the scores, ha.

How To Watch Skating In A Car:

1. Stare at the live-result page and keep refreshing it. Hope that someone else on the forum is nice enough to say what is going on.

(No, I am not in a car right now. That was this morning.)

This is me now. Can't wait to catch the videos later!

Last edited:

andyjo24

Medalist
I love Satoko's new program. She looks a lot more powerful now! I hope the judges finally acknowledge her.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Karen looked stunning in that black dress, and she seems has a much bigger ice presence now. already taller than satoko.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Karen looked so mature and seductive, I cannot recognize her...
Karen has grown so much!!!

Last edited:

ioanna

Record Breaker
No 3A from Satoko? I heard somewhere she was practicing it and she might try it out this competition. It turns out it's not reliable.

She didn't say which competition, she said it's a goal she wants to accomplish sometime this season.

Lipea

Final Flight
Satoko was such a joy to watch!
Great, she took Holst for her music - which just shows how serious and educated is her team!
Rooting for her to get the 3A!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But she only had one in this program...?

Oh? My fault then, or actually it's IN's fault. There were a lot of glitches and skips in Satoko's program. I'm still bored of that combo from last season, though. And come to think of it, it's my least favorite combination jump in all of the ladies' programs. I don't know why, it isn't rational I guess. I just really like the look of 3F-3T, and I know it's worth less but I also love the 3T-3T. My favorite of all: 3Loop half loop 3Salchow.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Lovely people of GS:

Do videos of the following exist:
-Elizabet Tursynbaeva's FS
-Karen Chen's FS
-Aimee Buchanan's FS

ioanna

Record Breaker
Oh? My fault then, or actually it's IN's fault. There were a lot of glitches and skips in Satoko's program. I'm still bored of that combo from last season, though. And come to think of it, it's my least favorite combination jump in all of the ladies' programs. I don't know why, it isn't rational I guess. I just really like the look of 3F-3T, and I know it's worth less but I also love the 3T-3T. My favorite of all: 3Loop half loop 3Salchow.
Her combinations this time are 3Lz-3T, 3Lz-2T-2Lo and 2A-3T.

skatelikewind1966

On the Ice
I am looking forward to watching Karen grow stronger and stronger as the season goes on, she is such a lovely skater with so much ability - just please stay healthy! And Emily, what a joy to watch, can someone please just give her the jumps she needs to get to that next level! Satoko, not her best but nobody even close to her here in UT :((

LeCygne

Final Flight
Satoko: You have to hand it to her for always pushing herself artistically. She's grown into such an artist on the ice and it's so lovely to see, small jumps notwithstanding. Love the celestial theme and the hairpiece, but I do think she could add some more color/sparkle to the dress. White looks great on taller girls but it kind of just washes her out, especially since the material in the front of the dress looks quite thick. But amazingly consistent as always.

Mariah: Last season she went through some tough growing pains but it looks like this season could be it for her! Hope she continues to get stronger and build off of this performance. The music is great for her, she really needs pieces that are either fun or sweeping/uplifting. Last season's programs were too dark and heavy IMO.

Looking for Karen Chen's performance!!! So glad to hear she did well - it's been a while since she's had a clean skate. Can't wait to see the program! What was the music?

Lenny318

On the Ice
Very happy that Mariah kept it together despite her dress being a huge distraction! Can't wait to see Karen Chen's LP when it makes its way to youtube!