2016 US Intl FS Classic Ladies FP | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2016 US Intl FS Classic Ladies FP

cinnamon

On the Ice
This time, I appreciate Mariah's free skating, I like this program especially its transition and steps. Only if she could secure her jumps.
I'm looking forward to seeing Karen Chen's video. I love her style and wish her great success this season. Her SP dress was gorgeous.

hugo

On the Ice
No 3A from Satoko? I heard somewhere she was practicing it and she might try it out this competition. It turns out it's not reliable.

really 3A ? not a joke ? maybe with third rotation on the ice...

mrrice

Record Breaker
Very happy that Mariah kept it together despite her dress being a huge distraction! Can't wait to see Karen Chen's LP when it makes its way to youtube!

Do you guys remember when Tonya Harding's dress unhooked during her short program. She was able to restart her program. Is there a reason that Mariah didn't restart after her dress came undone? I haven't seen it but, I remember wardrobe malfunctions happening in dance all the time. Here's Tonya's Malfunction from Nationals in 1993: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpIL3N_rC1Y

I don't know who put Tonya's music together but, Yikes!! :eeking:

Last edited:

Nathan13

Medalist
Do you guys remember when Tonya Harding's dress unhooked during her short program. She was able to restart her program. Is there a reason that Mariah didn't restart after her dress came undone? I haven't seen it but, I remember wardrobe malfunctions happening in dance all the time. Here's Tonya's Malfunction from Nationals in 1993: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpIL3N_rC1Y

I was pleasantly surprised there was no costume deduction...

yyyskate

Record Breaker
finally watched Karen's LP. tbh, quite disappointed. her problems has not resolved at all, she didnot attempt 3LZ-3T, completely give up on flip and didnot succeed on any 2A combo be it 2A-3T ot 2A-LO-3S. She is still in trouble. and her bodytype development trend kinda resemble Caroline Zhang a bit....

LeCygne

Final Flight
finally watched Karen's LP. tbh, quite disappointed. her problems has not resolved at all, she didnot attempt 3LZ-3T, completely give up on flip and didnot succeed on any 2A combo be it 2A-3T ot 2A-LO-3S. She is still in trouble. and her bodytype development trend kinda resemble Caroline Zhang a bit....

Still haven't see the program but looked at the protocols and thought the same. I guess it's great that she didn't fall, which is progress for her, but not sure how a 5 triple program with 2 double toe combinations is impressive these days. She still has great speed, amazing spins, and good height on the jumps she does land, but I also worry about further growth down the line...

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker

It is up to the ref how to handle it, so stopping is a gamble.

Last season there was a couple (can't recall if it i was pairs or dancing) where the same happened. She sorta stopped but kept gliding while fumbling with it, so he tried to fix it, but it took some time for their timing to sync up enough to get it done. They went to the ref, but could not restart, and did not even get to restart from before the botched element... honestly, i recall thinking the ref was so strict they likely should have just kept skating and accepted the issue.

Victoria Helgeson had the same happen as well, but her's was enough that she might have been exposed, she stopped her program and tried to skate to her coach, but got it fixed on her own and went back to skating... no ref was involved.

So I think they may be more strict, and it may just not be worth it. It sounds like it was more of an annoyance than anything, so better to not interrupt the flow I guess. I do really like how she handled it. Not trying to hid it, but dammit she wanted to get comfortable! And the shot in the kiss and cry with coach's hand on his cheek... i need to see that shot! Really a great way of dealing with it.

Kuan

Final Flight

What was her FP music? :)

yyyskate

Record Breaker
for some reason, I felt Karen when skating her posture is kinda pike forward. seems on a high heel skates and butt is not as tucked in.
maybe, she could skate on more knee bend with a more upright posture. this may open her hip more. I am not a skating expert at all. just some observation and my 2 cents. Karen has had many troubles with injuries, skates etc.lately, I wish she can find a solution that works soon.

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
very happy for my favourites Satoko :love: (she delivered once again, as expected) and Karen and Mariah, but so sad for Elizabet :sad46::sad14: thats like lowest LP score she ever got since 2011 when she was novice, i hope everything is okay, and i am curious, did anyone see Brian? i guess he wasnt with her at K&C but was he there with anyone else?
i am very curious about the program, despite mistakes, what was her music?

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
very happy for my favourites Satoko :love: (she delivered once again, as expected) and Karen and Mariah, but so sad for Elizabet :sad46::sad14: thats like lowest LP score she ever got since 2011 when she was novice, i hope everything is okay, and i am curious, did anyone see Brian? i guess he wasnt with her at K&C but was he there with anyone else?
i am very curious about the program, despite mistakes, what was her music?

On twitter someone mentioned that she kept her SP from last season (I got rhythm) and her FS was something like Princess Mononoke from Joe Hisaishi if I'm not mistaken

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
On twitter someone mentioned that she kept her SP from last season (I got rhythm) and her FS was something like Princess Mononoke from Joe Hisaishi if I'm not mistaken

same composer as Yuzuru's LP? now i am even more curious!! i watched her SP(one of the best SPs last season for me :luv17:)kinda surprised they decided to keep it but since i love it i am not complaining :biggrin: and love the new dress, esp the back of it :luv17:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
same composer as Yuzuru's LP? now i am even more curious!! i watched her SP(one of the best SPs last season for me :luv17:)kinda surprised they decided to keep it but since i love it i am not complaining :biggrin: and love the new dress, esp the back of it :luv17:

Same as Yuzuru, and I'm surprised more people don't skate to his music, it's beautiful! I wasn't able to catch any videos so I don't know what her costumes looked like, but I really liked her SP program and costume from last year! I got to see it at Worlds :D