2016 US Nationals Junior Ladies FS | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 US Nationals Junior Ladies FS

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I believe so.

Also, Megan Wessenberg has GORGEOUS coaches.

All the more reason for me to root for Karen Chen to win the bronze medal at the senior ladies! :cheer: (as if I needed another reason :laugh: )

mrrice

Record Breaker
So did Tom Z lose a bet? He was doing push ups in the K &C

I bet it's something like that. He probably promised her he'd do a push up for every triple she landed and if she went clean, he'd do 20. I love that guy...

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wasn't Vivian the favorite to win Novice last year at Nationals too? Seems she has trouble at Nationals as the favorite.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Are videos usually posted of the Junior Ladies? I couldn't find any of the SP

NaVi

Medalist
It's going to be fascinating to see who is picked to go to Junior Worlds this year... and who if any moves up to Seniors next year. Before this event I was kind of expecting Vivian Le to establish herself and maybe it would be Vivian and Karen Chen at Junior Worlds. Now if they send any Senior skater to Junior Worlds, can they justify sending Vivian over Emily Chan(they're good friends so it might not be so bad)?

Shayuki

Record Breaker
People, I'm old and was genuinely confused. I never joke about competition. :drama:

If people are LRing and according to schedule it's now, isn't that the safe assumption? And I sure know that it was no issue staying up for entire nights at 12-15.

As for the competition, it's too bad that Vivian didn't have the jumps. She could have been able to win.

Last edited:

frida80

Record Breaker
Wasn't Vivian the favorite to win Novice last year at Nationals too? Seems she has trouble at Nationals as the favorite.

No she won novice two years ago. She was a favorite to win juniors last year but she made a lot of mistakes. So she obviously raised her technical content. It's a shame it didn't work out this competition.

I still have my fingers crossed that she goes to JW. She worked so hard this year. But if Karen lands off the podium it's not looking good. Karen would have to score under Vivian score to not go to JW.

mrrice

Record Breaker
If people are LRing and according to schedule it's now, isn't that the safe assumption? And I sure know that it was no issue staying up for entire nights at 12-15.

As for the competition, it's too bad that Vivian didn't have the jumps. She could have been able to win.

I'm telling you youngin's that times have changed. I wasn't allowed to stay up past 10pm until I was a junior in High School. I had already been on my first tour before I was able to stay up past 10pm. In fact, I remember getting in trouble for falling asleep several times because I had never been up past 10.

Last edited:

humbaba

Final Flight
Didn't Karen have a rough outing at Jr Worlds last year? I don't know if that would factor into the decision. I may be grasping at straws because I want both Vivian and Emily to get to go.

frida80

Record Breaker
Didn't Karen have a rough outing at Jr Worlds last year? I don't know if that would factor into the decision. I may be grasping at straws because I want both Vivian and Emily to get to go.

She's gone twice and didn't do well either time. I think it was 9th in 2014 and 8th in 2015. But if she looks good this weekend, they'll probably go with her. Especially if she is in the 180s.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
OTOH, USFSA also broke away from previous practice in the JGP by giving up-and-coming juniors, JGP spots and had the older juniors/national seniors do senior Bs....maybe they'll go that direction again.

frida80

Record Breaker
OTOH, USFSA also broke away from previous practice in the JGP by giving up-and-coming juniors, JGP spots and had the older juniors/national seniors do senior Bs....maybe they'll go that direction again.

True.