2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 185 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

MalAssada

Medalist
People need to understand, nobody is perfect. Even the best coaches of all times became ones by doing mistakes and (possibly) hurting development of some of their early pupils. It's like with doctors - as frightening as it sounds, they ALL have learned and practiced on living patients, it's an inevitable and only way.
Claiming (or demanding on the other side), that some coach has been perfect match for 100% of her/his students is absurd.

Indeed. Which is why I mention how it is more difficult for children: An adult might weight the risks and decide to stick with an unkown coach, but when it comes to children, the risk of them getting injuried (and it being indirectly the parents' fault) isn't worth it. Someone has to be the lab rat. If the children stay with Shelepen and one of them makes it to JGP, etc, more will stay.

(I think Eteri is a great coach, btw. Not perfect, but like you said, no one is).

hanca

Record Breaker
Well, we will see what happens in a few years’ time. Until now Tutberidze was lucky that she had in each category max 2 skaters. Sakhanovich with Medvedeva in juniors, Voronov and Pitkeev in men, and Zagitova with Tsurskaya in juniors last year, but Tsurskaya was injured and missed a lot of time anyway. This year it is first time she has three senior ladies and a number of juniors competing internationally. Within a year or two those juniors will move to seniors, so suddenly there may be some 8 ladies in seniors. Let’s see how she is managing then. I am pretty sure that the ‘weakest links’ will be made so much welcome that they will gladly move to a diffeent coach.

My bet will be that Panenkova and Tarakanova will be moving, but that’s just a feeling.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Any word on the practices for International de France??? How are Zagitova and Sotskova looking? (I’m wondering if Sotskova is nervous.....will she go to the Final?)

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Any word on the practices for International de France??? How are Zagitova and Sotskova looking? (I’m wondering if Sotskova is nervous.....will she go to the Final?)

To go to final I'm pretty sure she'd need to place at least second and that's going to be almost impossible here.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Sotskova has been quite reliable so it is quite possible. Among Alina, Mai and Osmond, I feel Osmond is the one more likely to bomb the LP. It remains to be seen what score she will get for her LP outside of Canada.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Sotskova has been quite reliable so it is quite possible. Among Alina, Mai and Osmond, I feel Osmond is the one more likely to bomb the LP. It remains to be seen what score she will get for her LP outside of Canada.

Right, I was going with the assumption that even if Osmond bombs she'll get a ridiculous score. But if she gets scored fairly in the case of a poor performance, I guess in that dream world it is possible that Sotskova finishes top 2.

madison

Record Breaker
Oh, Alina just had a really bad skate... I'm so sorry for her... I predicted before that it will be a very hard competition for her because she has a really bad astrological chart right now :(. I don't know how things will end up :(

hanca

Record Breaker
It seem to me that the majority of the ladies have a hard competition this weekend. Do they all have bad astronomical charts?

madison

Record Breaker
It seem to me that the majority of the ladies have a hard competition this weekend. Do they all have bad astronomical charts?

I didn't check the astrological charts for the others ladies cause I wasn't really interested in...but I don't think that all will have a bad skating.

hanca

Record Breaker
I didn't check the astrological charts for the others ladies cause I wasn't really interested in...but I don't think that all will have a bad skating.

I am not saying all of them will have a bad skate, but Tuktamysheva messed up, and Mihara, and Tursynbaeva...

madison

Record Breaker
I am not saying all of them will have a bad skate, but Tuktamysheva messed up, and Mihara, and Tursynbaeva...

Negative energy all over the place.
I don't expect everyone to believe in astrology, but I do and I tested the influence of the stars on myself and of people that I know. :biggrin:
There is surely a certain influence.

hanca

Record Breaker
Negative energy all over the place.
I don't expect everyone to believe in astrology, but I do and I tested the influence of the stars on myself and of people that I know. :biggrin:
There is surely a certain influence.

Are you there? Can you get rid of the negative energy before pairs skate?

madison

Record Breaker
Are you there? Can you get rid of the negative energy before pairs skate?
lol :))) It's not my energy, the place maybe has a negative energy, negative emotions, I don't know... the energy circulates in the universe. it's very easy to unbalance things with a negative thought for example or a negative emotion, or fear:(. Fear affects terrible in a bad way people.
Anyway, that's just off topic :biggrin: