2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 243 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

tars

Record Breaker
I love that look.

https://youtu.be/HDQMwYxlAz0?t=46s

Ivan: By the way, Yulya, do you like school?
Yulia: ...
Ivan: Okay, thank you.
I remember it! :laugh2:
Julia is truly the best. Absolutely the most intriguing, genuine, magnetic personality ever!
And what's the best - she's never tried hard to be like that, she just is. :laugh:

I mean all these girls are so cute, beautiful even. They make selfies, they take part in photo shoots, adverts, commercials, most of them are clever, intelligent, talkative, warm, etc.., but when you hear Julia's interviews or see her photos, it's just another level of originality, sincerity and class. Have you listened to her commentaries lately?
She's always been "blue-blooded girl from Ural village" for me. Stunning girl, full of contradictions and appeal on every level possible. :yes:

dante

a dark lord
Final Flight
Country
Russia
I mean all these girls are so cute, beautiful even. They make selfies, they take part in photo shoots, adverts, commercials, most of them are clever, intelligent, talkative, warm, etc.., but when you hear Julia's interviews or see her photos, it's just another level of originality, sincerity and class. Have you listened to her commentaries lately?
She's always been "blue-blooded girl from Ural village" for me. Stunning girl, full of contradictions and appeal on every level possible. :yes:

I've noticed this too. Some people like Yulia, Zhenya and Liza have something not just classy, but rather noble in their speech; you can feel it in their intonations and facial expressions even if you don't speak Russian. While others (like Lena and Dasha... sorry, fans) sound somewhat vulgar.

madison

Record Breaker
Yulia seems to have a deep and philosophical personality, Zhenia is very goal oriented and down to Earth person, Liza has a mature discourse, but always strikes me with her on ice and off ice sensual costumes. Lena is confident and diva like typology and Dasha she might be vulgar. I saw some videos with her that confirm that.

madison

Record Breaker
Are you seriously calling a 15 y.o. girl VULGAR? by a few video????
really?
:disapp::disagree:

Yes, what I saw in that video was vulgar for a 15 years old. I don't understand why some skaters make this kind of video public. Reputation, image count a lot, not only in figure skating, but also in everyday life.
I'm not tolerant to these things and I don't want to find excuses for anybody because mostly around this age they learn how to behave especially in relation to the other gender and what values they will have as adults.

And I'm not referring to the video posted by Dante.

tars

Record Breaker
I literally died reading this. Most hilarious figure skating blog ever! :laugh2::rofl:

Noble prize for potential translator (I'm non-Russian and lazy). :pray:

moriel

Record Breaker
I've noticed this too. Some people like Yulia, Zhenya and Liza have something not just classy, but rather noble in their speech; you can feel it in their intonations and facial expressions even if you don't speak Russian. While others (like Lena and Dasha... sorry, fans) sound somewhat vulgar.

I think it depends on the person, for example, I personally see Liza (sorry fans) as a bit vulgar and not rather noble.

russianfan

Match Penalty
I literally died reading this. Most hilarious figure skating blog ever! :laugh2::rofl:

that is brilliant :biggrin: i will probably translate some of them today(the ones about single skaters, because i don't understand much about pairs/ice dance)

ejnsofi

Final Flight

OMG I love it. Drinking for Russian ice dance so on point :laugh:
Also Averbukh making new program :rofl:

Fish in the sea

Rinkside
Yes, what I saw in that video was vulgar for a 15 years old. I don't understand why some skaters make this kind of video public. Reputation, image count a lot, not only in figure skating, but also in everyday life.
I'm not tolerant to these things and I don't want to find excuses for anybody because mostly around this age they learn how to behave especially in relation to the other gender and what values they will have as adults.

And I'm not referring to the video posted by Dante.

What video are you talking about?

dante

a dark lord
Final Flight
Country
Russia
Are you seriously calling a 15 y.o. girl VULGAR? by a few video????
really?
:disapp::disagree:

Well, not yet. But I see the same features as in Lena, and I don't see how they can develop in another direction. Let's hope the next few years will prove me wrong.

I think it depends on the person, for example, I personally see Liza (sorry fans) as a bit vulgar and not rather noble.

In her case, it's in the things she says and in her wordings, rather than in non-verbal aspects.

moriel

Record Breaker
Well, not yet. But I see the same features as in Lena, and I don't see how they can develop in another direction. Let's hope the next few years will prove me wrong.

In her case, it's in the things she says and in her wordings, rather than in non-verbal aspects.

Some of her wordings are pretty debatable too imho. I dont really see anything specially noble about her, she sounds and behaves as an average young woman.