2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 330 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Now it looks better! :yes:

Whom ever wins the Olympics ladies title won’t be back for the 2018/19 Grand Prix series, so that leaves a coveted GP spot available for a Russian lady. So who’ll we see on the senior GP come October??? Trusova and Kostornaya are too young. ☹️ Is it the year for Gubanova and Panenkova and Konstantinova to make the big jump? Is ABBA girl still in the conversation at all? Are Leonova and Tuktamysheva and Radionova retiring?? I need answers!!!😁😫😱🤗

Resa

On the Ice
Whom ever wins the Olympics ladies title won’t be back for the 2018/19 Grand Prix series, so that leaves a coveted GP spot available for a Russian lady. So who’ll we see on the senior GP come October??? Trusova and Kostornaya are too young. ☹️ Is it the year for Gubanova and Panenkova and Konstantinova to make the big jump? Is ABBA girl still in the conversation at all? Are Leonova and Tuktamysheva and Radionova retiring?? I need answers!!!😁😫😱🤗

Why is Kostornaya too young? She will be 15 in 2018. Zagitova is 15 too

puremagic

-
Record Breaker

Nor Medvedeva, nor Zagitova won't disappear after the Olympics. They will compete at Worlds 2018 (chance for Evgenia to become three-time world champion in a row, or for Alina to repeat Evgenia's record, to become the second lady in history, who won senior worlds just right after juniors) and in the next seasons.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker

I think the OGM will be back
Tuktamysheva is for sure continuing
Radionova has the SB to continue but not necessarily the nationals placement
Leonova has next to no chance for GP or Russian nationals spot

Konstantinova is probably moving up
Panenkova is probably moving up
Gubanova, Gulyakova, Tarusina, Nugumanova, and Samodurova would have more success at seniors but would probably only get a CS at best
Sakhanovich and Mikhailova will probably only get CS

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I think the OGM will be back
Tuktamysheva is for sure continuing
Radionova has the SB to continue but not necessarily the nationals placement
Leonova has next to no chance for GP or Russian nationals spot

Konstantinova is probably moving up
Panenkova is probably moving up
Gubanova, Gulyakova, Tarusina, Nugumanova, and Samodurova would have more success at seniors but would probably only get a CS at best
Sakhanovich and Mikhailova will probably only get CS

Poor Guliakova.☹️ There isn’t anything particularly wrong with her, she has a wonderful layback spin and difficult jumps, and it looks like she won’t have to deal with a puberty growth spurt. But she isn’t flashy/eye-catchy/as interesting as the other juniors, I guess. I suggest she move to seniors to get some senior Bs? Idk what she should do. Better programs?

skatenewbie

Medalist
Poor Guliakova.☹️ There isn’t anything particularly wrong with her, she has a wonderful layback spin and difficult jumps, and it looks like she won’t have to deal with a puberty growth spurt. But she isn’t flashy/eye-catchy/as interesting as the other juniors, I guess. I suggest she move to seniors to get some senior Bs? Idk what she should do. Better programs?
she remind me of early senior Sotskova, amazing jumps but kind of bland? I hope she improve in PCS aspect and give her a better program too. Some backing up would do too? Like moving to known coaches

tjb

Match Penalty
flag changing should help, i don't see other options for gulyakova in the current junior landscape. but like tars said before, it's dangerous for federation to allow someone who has a 3A to change the flag, they may create a dangerous opponent

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
flag changing should help, i don't see other options for gulyakova in the current junior landscape. but like tars said before, it's dangerous for federation to allow someone who has a 3A to change the flag, they may create a dangerous opponent

Gulyakova has 3A? Is there even any training video with that? :confused:

hanca

Record Breaker
Nor Medvedeva, nor Zagitova won't disappear after the Olympics. They will compete at Worlds 2018 (chance for Evgenia to become three-time world champion in a row, or for Alina to repeat Evgenia's record, to become the second lady in history, who won senior worlds just right after juniors) and in the next seasons.

And you know that how? Crystal ball? It is very hard for any Olympic champion to concentrate on keeping themselves in shape and training hard when they just achieved the top of their dreams and aspirations. There will be a lot of public appearances and very well paid offers, so it wouldn’t be that surprising that if either of them wins Olympics, they would skip the worlds. Not always, but it happens often.

tjb

Match Penalty
And you know that how? Crystal ball? It is very hard for any Olympic champion to concentrate on keeping themselves in shape and training hard when they just achieved the top of their dreams and aspirations. There will be a lot of public appearances and very well paid offers, so it wouldn’t be that surprising that if either of them wins Olympics, they would skip the worlds. Not always, but it happens often.

people are wishing so hard for zheyna and alina to disappear:laugh:
but no. they won't. zhenya said a couple of times already that she wants to compete as long as her health will allow her. and of course they will be in shape at worlds, skaters in eteri group are in shape all year long, no one skips trainings when healthy

Shayuki

Record Breaker
There was some discussion of girls who can jump -3Lo as the second jump in a combo.

We can add the 10-year-old Sofia Samodelkina to the list with her 3Lz-3Lo - She even jumped both parts of the combo with rippons.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
There was some discussion of girls who can jump -3Lo as the second jump in a combo.

We can add the 10-year-old Sofia Samodelkina to the list with her 3Lz-3Lo - She even jumped both parts of the combo with rippons.

She is truly impressive. And her skating is so mature for a such age. In two weeks she'll be 11 yo, let's hope that in two years, in 2020-2021' season, she'll be ready to take the juniors' crown!