2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 375 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Oh my gosh, I did it, lol. For me there is no question will the godlike one skate back to back 2 clean programs (of course she won't). Valentina Chebotareva said she will never make her junior students work hard like Eteri's juniors.

I bet her senior students (Kolyada) aslo don't work hard like Eteri's juniors.

and then she wonders why they never skate clean... or maybe she doesn't because they're always propped up....

also, moriel, I think she'll make a small mistake in one program and a larger mistake in the other

ALSO: I STARTED THE 500TH PAGE!!!!!!!!!

alvina9894

Final Flight
and then she wonders why they never skate clean... or maybe she doesn't because they're always propped up....

also, moriel, I think she'll make a small mistake in one program and a larger mistake in the other

ALSO: I STARTED THE 500TH PAGE!!!!!!!!!

A dime on missing the combo in the short, 2A< and 3F! in both programmes, and multiple iffy landings.

alvina9894

Final Flight
Why are you not dancing! Start to dance right now!

Lol I'm too busy watching WJC mens singles to dance :party2:

Sidenote: I really liked Artur D's skate, marvellous SS. The only worrisome thing is that he is coached by Buyanova. Is his 3F of the correct edge?

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Sidenote: I really liked Artur D's skate, marvellous SS. The only worrisome thing is that he is coached by Buyanova. Is his 3F of the correct edge?

Yep, his skating is very good. But why worrysome? Buyanova also took (as I understand seeing Tagaeva and Zavozin as coaches) Chistyakova, Mukhortova and Liventseva. The first two have good potential if they will be consistent, and Liventseva practices 3A but her skating is like Sultanmagomedova's - very empty and bland.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
In 25 minutes will start the ladies draw.

By the way, let's check all Eteri's current ladies:

1) Medvedeva
2) Zagitova
3) Tsurskaya
4) Panenkova
5) Trusova
6) Shcherbakova
7) Kostornaya
8) Tarakanova
9) Guseva - may leave the group
10) Akatieva
11) Mystery little girl of 2008-2010 year.

Who is out?

1) Novakhova - mystery story, she is just gone to somewhere
2) Khabibulina - that was predictable, she went to pairs

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Kovtun, Samarin, Pitkeev...
Especially Kovtun, he gave me nightmares.

Lord Samarin is coached not by Buyanova! Pitkeev was raised by Eteri and had back problems.

Kovtun - yeah... But it's wrong to judge by one untalented skater, who couldn't do anything except nice 4T and 4S, even his 3A was awful and not stable, not to mention easier triple jumps.

So maybe Danielian has a chance. Will see.

Anyway, let's not offtopic! This is not the first time when Russian men try to PR themselves here. Won't work! Go back to this abandon thread!

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Everybody cheer for numbers 42 and 43! :cheer2:
I'll cheer for #43 for sure but, uh... Well, I hope Konstantinova manages to score above 170 points this time. I guess this counts as cheering for her.

A little bit of a let down that the most interesting skaters are in the 7th group already. But at least Trusova isn't skating right away unlike Kostornaia. I hope Kostornaia's PCS doesn't sink too badly as a result.

I'll also note the awful draw by You Young. I guess she won't be a threat. Maybe I'll have to go change my predictions to place Stanislava ahead of her.

tars

Record Breaker
I'll cheer for #43 for sure but, uh... Well, I hope Konstantinova manages to score above 170 points this time. I guess this counts as cheering for her.
Stasya's scores this year are: 181.98, 174.43, 190.75, 199.68, 211.28 and 206.27, so no worries. :agree:
I think we might expect some successful redemption Worlds from Stanislava this year! :hap10:

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
I wish I could thumbnail this YouTube of seven of Eteri's girls. Trusova, Shcherbakova, Kostornaia, Tarak---, Panenko, Zagitova, and Medvedeva. Tsurskaya wasn't even included. Add in Gubanova, Konstantinova and Russia MUST have another world champion or Olympic champion favorite for the next four years!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmGRnJa38cQ

Caustica

Final Flight
I wish I could thumbnail this YouTube of seven of Eteri's girls. Trusova, Shcherbakova, Kostornaia, Tarak---, Panenko, Zagitova, and Medvedeva. Tsurskaya wasn't even included. Add in Gubanova, Konstantinova and Russia MUST have another world champion or Olympic champion favorite for the next four years!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmGRnJa38cQ

Is there a particular reason why you didn't write out Tarakanova's full last name? Also, it's Panenkova, not Panenko. Anyway, I don't think any half-serious figure skating fan would doubt that Russia isn't going to have an Olympic favourite or at least strong hopeful in four years' time. The question is who it's going to be...!